Shelter from the Dust (M/M) - 23 Nov Update!

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
KidnappedCowboy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by KidnappedCowboy »

DeeperThanRed wrote: 8 months ago Interestingly, the Emperor already has a bound man, ready to be delivered. Maybe a gift for Kai?

Or Kai's lover? A prisoner exchange, perhaps.
Guardianbound
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Guardianbound »

KidnappedCowboy wrote: 8 months ago
DeeperThanRed wrote: 8 months ago Interestingly, the Emperor already has a bound man, ready to be delivered. Maybe a gift for Kai?

The emperor is a clever silverfox then!! Bringing negotiating chips to the table. Or a peculiar wedding gift?
Banner by bondagefreak --- Link to my stories: Click Here

gag1195
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by gag1195 »

Guardianbound wrote: 8 months ago
KidnappedCowboy wrote: 8 months ago

The emperor is a clever silverfox then!! Bringing negotiating chips to the table. Or a peculiar wedding gift?
If it isn't Avel's betrothed, perhaps its another Prince/royal family member who isn't promised to another. Could be argued as an equitable exchange for Avel (not factoring feelings into things)...

I'm so intrigued by the Emperor's entourage- the handsome prince, the mysterious advisor, the return of Mikal! I'm worried things are about to go poorly for Kai and Avel, no matter how much we might wish for the binding of the silver Emperor...
My M/M Stories Here
harveygasson
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by harveygasson »

Oooooh tense, what's gonna happen next
Volobond
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Volobond »

@Guardianbound  @gag1195 @DeeperThanRed  @bondagefreak  @Straitjacketed  @wataru14 @MaxRoper @KidnappedCowboy
@OlderJ  @that1kid13 @Bootmark @squirrel @sharpliketoday @noescape @Croup @harveygasson  @Subboi

"Welcome, my lord Emperor. Welcome to your entourage. Step within and be welcome."

"We gladly do so and offer thanks." Yam Mayim responded easily.

This did not reassure Kai the way it had with Mikal and Delos and Shen. True, the Emperor had committed himself to the custom, but... the only thing holding him in check was himself. Who would defy him, even if he had defied the law of hospitality?

If it came down to a fight, Kai had no illusions this time. The Emperor was unsurpassed in skill or strength. And Kai had helped train Dov. AND Mikal was the most clever and tricksy of the three Imperial Guards he had faced. AND he had no idea of what the mysterious boy could do.

Kai stepped back, Avel nearly cowering behind him, as the Emperor stepped within. Kai briefly entertained a wild thought of slamming the door shut, taking the Emperor hostage, but tamped down the growing inner hysteria.

Calm yourself. Master yourself. Avel needs you.

"I have the honor to reacquaint you with my eldest son, High Prince Dov Etana. And with him is our most esteemed guest, the lord of the South, King Eaton Holm." The Emperor said grandly, as his son stepped past the threshold and, without malice, inexorably pulled a slightly resisting prisoner through by the leash.

As far as Kai recalled, the King of the lands to the south was Hiram Holm. So the "diplomatic mission" the Emperor led to the South was truly a conquest and coup. And with Eaton succeeding the throne, the Emperor had him collected. A hostage to keep an entire nation in check.

"You recall my guard, Mikal."

Mikal gave Kai and Avel a friendly nod before standing at the Emperor's right hand.

"And, of course, allow me to present a most beloved advisor. Cyrus came to me a few years after you had begun your travels, Kai."

That told Kai very little, except for the fact that this Cyrus must be extraordinarily useful. The Emperor did not bandy about terms like "most beloved" frivolously. But in what capacity? Kai could tell that Cyrus was the youngest one in the room, so what skill did he bring to the Emperor?

Mysteries replacing mysteries, it seemed. For the other was becoming clear, to Kai at least. The Emperor needed a child for a political marriage. To force the captive King to marry, and to thus enforce a political alliance between West and South. And what better choice than his youngest son, so well-trained and prepared for precisely this role? To the Emperor, Kai supposed, it seemed to be time for Avel to fulfill this unspoken duty. The only obstacle being Kai himself.

"You grace me and my dearest one, Your Eminence, with such an entourage on your visit." Kai said carefully.

"Hello, Father." Avel squeaked, earning a smile from the Emperor.

"It was a long time coming to visit one of my greatest allies, and seeing my son merely increased the urgency in my mind. I recieved your letter, my son - you chose an opportune time to flee the capital, what with me on my campaign in the South."

Avel flushed, but Yam Mayim held up a hand. "I take pride in your cleverness to evade the guard - though in an ironic twist, you fell right into the hands of a guard, in a manner of speaking!"

No one else laughed with him, though Cyrus cracked a grin.

"I have no need for my ego to be mollified. I am no tyrant nor fool. You have given me enough years of service, Kai, that you may speak plainly." The Emperor finally said, look from Kai to Avel.

"Thank you, my lord." Kai said.

"Then let me begin by being plain with you. My son Avel is betrothed to the king of the Southern Lands. You see, I require one of my house to marry him in order to form this alliance."

"However unwilling." Cyrus mumbled, glancing at the heavily bound king with a smirk.

The Emperor acknowledged that with an indulgent smile. "Thus, I cannoy marry him to an heir closer to the throne than my youngest son. Truly, Avel is the sole candidate."

Avel was trembling beside him, and Kai wrapped an arm around him. "Avel is my property, by his wish and my own."

The Emperor had a strange look on his face. Though he remained impassive, there was a twinkle in his eye. Dov, however, leapt to his feet, tugging on the lead in his hands so harshly that King Eaton went tumbling headfirst onto the couch.

"You DARE defy your Emperor, wretch?" He growled. Cyrus, behind them all, scurried over to help the King right himself, and Kai noticed Mikal stifling a chuckle.

"I defy no one, my prince. Merely stating a fact. Be it as it may that Avel is betrothed, he is also my dearest one and indeed, my property. I am his dominus as is legal and proper throughout the West."

Dov glared at Avel. "And you allow this? You sully your honor as the bed-slut of this mountebank!"

Avel trembled and winced as if Dov's words were physical blows. Kai leapt to his feet, but the Emperor spoke first, not raising his voice.

"My son, do not lift your voice at your old teacher on my behalf, and do not sully your honor by insulting the institution we have built our nation on. There is no dishonor in servitude."

"Father, this is nonsense! I challenge this mountebank to the Rite of Discord."

The Emperor was clearly restraining himself from smacking his own forehead in frustration."Very well, little fool. Kai, do you accept the challenge?"

"I do, my lord."

"Then please allow me the honor of fighting as your champion. I have accepted your hospitality, and I have the privilege of defending your honor."

There was a collective sense of shock throughout the room. But Yam Mayim stood to his full height. Looked down at his son with a stern solemnity.

"You shall have your Rite, boy. But your opponent shall be me."

You can find my M/M stories here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38809#p38809
Guardianbound
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Guardianbound »

Yam??? More like YUM. Big daddy vibes and looks as if he's about to whoop ass.

And all the predictions of Avel's betrothed are true. Love the twist that Avel is supposed to be married to a KING! Albeit of a vassal state but beats Kai's desert hut if you ask me.

Are we going to end up with Kai having a King as a sub?

gag1195
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by gag1195 »

Interesting! It's seems odd to me that The Emperor is still planning on marrying Avel off, especially to a political prisoner... I can't imagine them willing releasing the captive king of the recently conquered land. That's an unnecessary risk. I also wouldn't trust said captive king to treat Prince Avel well. I second @Guardianbound's for Kai keeping this handsome young king as a slave. Definitely a potential satisfying loophole in there somewhere: King Eaton Holm, now and forevermore, shares dwelling with Prince Avel, youngest son of Emperor Yam Mayim!
My M/M Stories Here
Socksbound
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Socksbound »

As much as we expected some things the twist at the end was very unexpected. I’m kinda in shock. I know the emperor is strong and should beat his son but could this be a ploy to wrest Avel away? I sure hope not
See all my written works here :
https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38747#p38747

Banner by Bondagefreak
KidnappedCowboy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

DAMN!!! This Emperor has clothes!!!

And big ones, as well! :lol: :lol:

Fighting for the honor of the man who has put his son in servitude...the son he intended to marry to the subjected lord of the Southern lands!?! And fighting the challenger...his other son.

More twists and turns here than in the knots binding King Eaton Holm!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
sharpliketoday
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by sharpliketoday »

The story just keeps getting more interesting! More players to the mix, and more potential bondage scenes ahead :twisted: Awesome stuff! :D
Volobond
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Volobond »

@Guardianbound  @gag1195 @DeeperThanRed  @bondagefreak  @Straitjacketed  @wataru14 @MaxRoper @KidnappedCowboy
@OlderJ  @that1kid13 @Bootmark @squirrel @sharpliketoday @noescape @Croup @harveygasson  @Subboi

The Rite of Discord was not just a duel, but rather far more deep affair. Honor was not the only thing at stake. The victor of a Rite was entitled to the servitude of the loser for a year and a day. Dov would be bound by honor to obey any edict Kai gave him, even if, say, he was ordered to marry King Eaton in Avel's stead against the wishes of his father.

Kai was sure this was the main factor in the Emperor asking to fight in his stead. For Kai's honor would be spared and instead Dov would owe sevice to his father - so no real change to the status quo. Of course, on the outside chance that Dov did win, it was almost certain he would never order the Emperor around... unless he was too tempted by the idea of being made Crown Prince...

Cyrus, dressed in powder blue robes and a vest of darker blue trimmed in silver, chuckled as the Emperor and Dov moved to exit the house to have the Rite in public.

"Why do you laugh, boy?" Kai asked softly.

Cyrus looked at him. "Well, leave it to royals to have to do a whole song and dance for a bit of familial discipline. If my elder brother had mouthed off like that, my father would've bent him over his knee and paddled his backside in a flash."

"Well, don't rule it out just yet." Avel said, allowing a tremulous smile to grace his lips.

Cyrus grinned. "Thank all the gods that Gila is Crown Princess. Dov needs a good spanking to quiet his war-dog yapping, and him being a prince, no one seems too eager to administer one."

Kai, privately, was shocked at how open Cyrus was being with his thoughts on the royal family and lack of honorifics. Either Cyrus considered himself a part of the royal household - which would not be an affectation earned lightly - or he was trying to earn Kai's confidence, perhaps to lull him into seditious talk to have a pretext for removing Avel from him.

So he deigned not to speak.

Cyrus spoke softly to Avel as the three alighted to the front porch - the Imperial army moved fast. Already, just outside the gates, a makeshift arena had been formed, colorful red and gold ropes cordoning off the area, a circle about five meters in diameter. Any of the soldiers who hadn't been assigned to ringing Kai's fortress to prevent escape were clamoring to watch the Rite.

Cyrus bowed to Kai and Avel before he strode off out of the gates and directly towards the Emperor.

Dov was having his armor removed by the Imperial Guard, and attendants were currently removing his tunic. Dov's body was corded with the powerful muscle of a seasoned warrior, his youthful body free of the scars of mistakes. He looked every inch the son of a god as his chosen attendants daubed his body in lines of red powdered paint, brutal thick designs that followed the general direction of his bones.

The Emperor, meanwhile, undressed himself, chatting with a rakish grin to the commanders and generals that came near. Kai watched with hawklike intensity as Cyrus came close and fussily threw the Emperor's hands away from his own tunic and began to take over undressing him, both men now in nothing but their leggings.

The Emperor was a man and not a god, true, but at times, it was easy to forget. If at all possible, armor seemed to dwarf him. Though his muscle was not granted the thickness and sturdiness of youth, he was taller than any man had a right to be, his body firm and unyielding, scarred with the evidence of a thousand battles, survival against all odds. Bared to the world, Dov seemed a youthful battle angel. Yam Mayim was a war god, a leader of men. Cyrus daubed the Emperor's body in golden paint, intricate flowing designs that completed the vision of godhood.

Mikal was sent to the center of the ring. "A Rite of Discord has been convened! The Emperor and the High Prince will settle their dispute by trial of sword and snare."

Each competitor was given a coil of rope, and a sturdy baton almost the length of a true sword. Kai almost smiled when he saw the Emperor take a few swings with his left hand. Yam Mayim was left handed, and he knew from experience that a world of right-handed fighters found it difficult, at least for an instant's hesitation, to adjust in a fight.

The goal of the Rite was either to batter your opponent into submission with the sword or to subdue him with the snare. Or a combination of both - the caveat being that your fighting style would reveal your true self to any spectators.

Mikal declared the Rite begun and quickly vacated the ring, and Kai watched the battle.

Dov had no outward reaction to facing his father, but chose to begin with a straightforward charge. Yam Mayim did not start or move, instead made a rapid knot in the end of his coil of rope and flung it forward, where the tiny monkey's fist knot snapped into Dov's face, deflecting his charge. Dov batted away the knot, and the Emperor pivoted, the rope stretching taut and gathering force as the Emperor swung it behind him and back to Dov, where the rope coiled around him and the knot clapped into his face again.

The crowd cheered wildly, but Dov simply grabbed the golden rope, twisting his sword arm around it, trying to pull his father in, expecting resistance.

But the Emperor was already moving, his left arm blurring with the speed of the blows as he rapped the baton against Dov's side and head. Not punishingly brutal, but rather like a swarm of insects - deblitating by distraction. And with this, Dov barely noticed as his father pinned his sword arm to his body with the coil he had grabbed.

But the tide changed - Dov made a swipe with his coil of rope, tangling the Emperor's baton. The prince twisted the coil and wrenched the weapon away with the sudden grip.

The Emperor ducked around Dov, choosing to ensare the legs while he had them, and his son toppled, his thighs suddenly snapping together, followed by ankles.

Dov dropped the coil and was able to switch his baton to his other hand and struck viciously at the back of the Emperor's knee, rolling while he was distracted to use up his father's coil.

And now he knew he had his father trapped, though he was bound. If Yam Mayim dove to retrieve his baton, Dov would get free and have all the rope - and if he dove to take Dov's coil, Dov would still have a coil and rope when he got free. If he let go of the rope, it would fall slack and Dov would get free. If he stayed put, Dov would pummel him with the baton until he let go anyway.

Dov began to strike, but he had not expected the Emperor's resilience. Yam Mayim faltered on the first blow to the head, but on the second, he grabbed the baton in his bare hand and wrenched it away from his son, roaring as he threw it aside. He let go of the rope and bodily swung Dov around, hurling him forward until he landed in a dazed heap.

And they all knew it was over.

Dov's war paint was obscured by a layer of dust, so the brilliant gold and red ropes stood out as Yam Mayim bound him, taking his time to ensure it was inescapable. Ankles tied together and bent almost against the rear. Chest harnessed, arms tied, and attached to the ankles to bow the back, and even slipped through the mouth as both gag and anchor.

The prince whined as Yam Mayim gently patted his head. "The Rite is finished, and may our discord end with it."

The Imperial Guard was ordered to remove the prince to the landship and Emperor Yam Mayim stood in the center of the ring, dust-coated, gold-painted, and glorious, the thunder of his army's cheers resounding.

Looking right at Kai.

You can find my M/M stories here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38809#p38809
MaxRoper
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by MaxRoper »

This story is WAY outside my usual interests, but you write so well I can't stop. Thank you for all the work you've put into it. You're truly an artist.
gag1195
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by gag1195 »

HOT DAMN! A phenomenal chapter! The suspense of who would emerge victorious was great! I really wasn't sure who I wanted to win, what outcome Kai and Avel would need to deal with!

And of course, now Kai and Avel must meet with the Emperor, fresh from his victory in the arena, and desiring a very specific outcome. There's no way this ends in another Rite between Kai and the Emperor, right?

Though I do hope that Avel, Dov, and Even the captive king get to spend some quality bondage time in Kai's stable while Kai and the Emperor have their heated discussion!
My M/M Stories Here
Croup
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Croup »

Great chapter. The fight scene was well described and I liked how it wasn't purely a squash match.

And I don't know, I think Cyrus had a point when he mentioned Dov needed a good spanking. In fact, I'd wager many men present would benefit from a trip across the Emperor's lap and a strong, authoritative hand applied to their bare squirming bottoms!
Guardianbound
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Guardianbound »

Love the dynamic Avel has with his father and brother.

And where can I find the sign up sheet to be the emperor's courtesan?

Volobond
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Volobond »

Kai watched the Emperor raise his arms in victory, and nearly get bowled over in an embrace by a flash of blue. The soldiers surrounding the ring gave a mighty cheer as Yam Mayim pulled Cyrus into a great kiss.

"Not a lot of personal loyalty to my brother." Avel noticed.

"Your father is a... magnetic presence. And a born fighter. And inspiring as a man who rose from nothing. Your brother has naught but drive and ambition. He won't win them over till he's been tested. And in the meantime, arrogance befits his status, but not his experience."

Avel nodded. "I trust you. You know that."

"It weighs heavily upon me. I would sooner die than betray that."

"No need to die!" Avel hurriedly replied, making Kai laugh.

"I do not intend to. But quick, your father comes."

Yam Mayim indeed approached, Cyrus tucked against his side and Mikal following. He had not donned his regalia, but instead wore a simple loose shirt. Kai did not put it past The Emperor to be calculating, even in this moment, but it was hard to see him as anything but a true soldier and leader of men.

"Go fetch water for the victor, my love." Kai urged before stepping to lead the Emperor back inside.

Eaton was struggling, attempting to break the locks on his muzzle by leveraging the corner of the countertop in the small spaces between the pieces of metal. He was crying in frustration and effort, clearly aware of his time running out, the chains holding him fast not helping as they dug into his skin.

Avel rushed to him. "No, please! You'll hurt yourself!"

The princeling quickly tugged him away by the back of the muzzle, ignoring the wail of frustration Eaton gave.

The imprisoned king glared up at Avel.

"Look, I... you might get free eventually, and having a bleeding head won't help."

Eaton gave a rumbling growl but nodded.

Avel frowned. "Do they take this off to feed you?"

Eaton shrugged. He jutted his chin forward as much as he was able. Avel leaned forward and noticed a small borehole in the leather muzzling him.

"For water?"

Eaton nodded. Avel grinned and quickly grabbed some chilled water - the reservoir below the fortress collected and purified moisture during the tempest season for pumping up for use. He poured the crystalline liquid slowly into the gag, and watch Eaton gratefully swallow mouthful after mouthful.

"How excellent! Already an affinity with our little king." Yam Mayim's voice rang through the room.

Avel blushed. "Sorry, Father. My dearest one thought you might like some water and I-"

"Be at peace, my boy."

Kai glanced at Avel, then Eaton. Cyrus made the same movement.

"I appreciate your earnestness in defending my honor." Kai said, once they were all seated. Cyrus had not resumed his inital separation, at his Eminence's unstated request. He remained tucked against the taller man.

"Of course. I... do you not think our young king would be more comfortable in the stable?" Yam Mayim suddenly asked. "I hear from Guard Shen they are quite accomodating."

Kai glanced over at Avel. A ploy in the making - to acclimate Eaton and Avel to each other? But no way to subvert this.

"Yes. Dearest one? Will you escort him?"

Avel nodded. And Yam Mayim turned. "Mikal, please. Accompany them."

Mikal bowed before obeying. Awkwardly, Avel picked up the lead on Eaton's leash. "Th-this way, if you please, Your Majesty."

Cyrus chuckled as they left the room. "How sweet."

Kai frowned. "Commander."

"There his is!" Yam Mayim grinned. "My most loyal soldier."

Kai sighed. "Commander, I would know what you want of me here."

"You fear I have come to separate you and my son. The truth could not be father from your assumption. In Makaranth, we know marriage as a tool of politics and advantage. Love has its own, separate place. This is not usually done, but I wish to have you once more in the Royal Household as Dominus to the Prince. And then I can marry Avel to King Eaton, and have you there to keep him docile."

"Sir, you mean...?"

"Yes. I wish to have you once more as my tactical advisor, and serve your Emperor as the first Dominus Rex of Makaranth. I would have you return to my service, and share with the Land of the Sun your great knowledge from the world over."

Kai was utterly stunned.

"Avel, of course, would not only be free to be yours, but in fact I will bless your bonding myself, it would be so auspicious."

The Emperor laughed. "I suppose all this time, you have been anxiously planning and replanning, assuming I had come to reclaim my son from you. Then you forget, lad, that I made the new laws of submission and enslavement - that I forced us all to acknowledge the choice to submit. I will not rob my own child of that choice."

Kai sat, completely confounded. What in all the Hells was happening?

gag1195
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by gag1195 »

mmmmmmm..... No....

I don't trust this. I'm extremely suspicious of this plan. I suspect this is simply a way to get Avel and Kai in the capital, out of Kai's fortress and into the Emperor's... and his guards... and his dungeon... The Emperor is nothing if not a calculating leader. He's trapping Kai in a prison of cultural mores and societal rules, and I fear those cultural ropes will become as real and wrapped around him as the bindings on King Eaton and the prince...
My M/M Stories Here
Socksbound
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Socksbound »

gag1195 wrote: 6 months ago mmmmmmm..... No....

I don't trust this. I'm extremely suspicious of this plan. I suspect this is simply a way to get Avel and Kai in the capital, out of Kai's fortress and into the Emperor's... and his guards... and his dungeon... The Emperor is nothing if not a calculating leader. He's trapping Kai in a prison of cultural mores and societal rules, and I fear those cultural ropes will become as real and wrapped around him as the bindings on King Eaton and the prince...
I concur the emperor is cunning and I fear it’s not going to end as nicely as it sounds
See all my written works here :
https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38747#p38747

Banner by Bondagefreak
Guardianbound
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Guardianbound »

Kidnap your former advisor via an elaborate ploy using your son and a captured foreign son in law? Clever if true. But I'd like to think the emperor would be far more direct if that were the case. He did, after all, bring his army into the desert. If he really requires Kai's knowledge, keeping his word with regards to Avel would be a far easier and diplomatic means of securing Kai's loyalty.

KidnappedCowboy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Sorry, @gag1195, I disagree.

The emperor might be calculating, but far better for his rule to secure his bonds with Kai through trust and giving him enough of a lead (albeit with the emperor's son at the end of that lead) than to hold him in bondage. You need a man who will submit to your dominance freely. That breeds loyalty and obedience. Forcing him to submit will only produce rebellion and chomping at the bit. Only look to Eaton as an example of that.

No, the emperor is calculating, but he's a shrewd Master!
Volobond
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Volobond »

Some time ago...

Hiram Holm was the King of the South and had been for many years. The nation of Osmir was a seafaring one, and though the South was smaller compared to the kingdoms of the North and the Empire of the Sun in the West, it was bountiful due to the merchant ships that brought home goods and wealth earned honestly, and pirate ships that brought the same, without the honesty. The Southern King was only called so because he was chiefest among the Shiplords, and the Shiplords elected each new king from among their number.

Eaton loved his father with all his heart, and the two men were known for their ferocity in battle and fairness of face. The morning of the invasion, Hiram had gone in search of his son, agitated at the knowledge that the Western Empire's troops were marching in force on their territory.

"Boy! On your feet!" He shouted, only to realize that his son was quite naked, and hunched over a youth bound spread eagle to his bed. "Argh!"

"Father!" Eaton scrambled to cover himself and the helpless man, who was clearly gagged with Eaton's smallclothes. "What in all the Hells are you doing!"

"Don't you swear at me, boy!" Hiram growled. "And, er... greetings, Calvert."

"Ghrrgrrr, mrrr mmmm." Calvert, a footman at the royal manse, mumbled through his gag. It was not the first time Eaton had seduced one of the servants.

"You better have let that lad get some sleep, Eaton."

"My lord father, I'm sure when you were my age, you traded many nights of potential sleep for... better things." Eaton chuckled, pulling his smallclothes from Calvert's mouth and kissing him before slipping out and shimmying into them. He grabbed a knife from the bedside table and quickly cut the rope binding Calvert's right hand so he could untie himself.

"Take the morning, Calvert. Rest yourself - you've earned it for wasting your night with my idiot son." Hiram chuckled despite himself.

Eaton pulled on a jerkin and leggings and boots, his hair still long and loose. Hiram pulled him immediately to the war room - Osmir was never big on formality.

There was a general panic, but a strategy was settled upon. Shiplord Alieri would lead her vanguard in an initial strike and the others would rally their armies to defend the border, while Shiplord Senma would take his fleet and any remaining ships to launch a daring attack on Makaranth as soon as the Emperor pushed too deep into the South.

The only question was whether or not Prince Eaton would remain to help defend the Royal Manse, or help lead the strike on Makaranth. King Hiram wished for him to sail, but Eaton would not leave his father. Holm House would stand together.

The next weeks were spent in preparing for the inevitable battle, as although Alieri was even more deadly on land than she was at sea, her vanguard could do nothing but buy time as the seemingly endless forces of the Emperor marched on.

But a small carriage came hurtling towards the Royal Manse, a white charger pulling the thing pell-mell. But the carriage did not tip or even jostle, for the North had their carriages in strange rings that rotated but left the central compartment stable. And it was then that Eaton first met Prince Cyrus of the Northern States.

The Osmiri never wondered why the Prince was not accompanied by an honor guard - their royals were always fighters, so it was not their way.

Prince Cyrus, the youngest son of Queen Esme the Mechanist, had come to take a reading of the situation - and hopefully he'd return swiftly enough to his mother to bring back a contingent of soldiers. He was recieved with the classic Osmiri hospitality, and offered a stein of ale and a seat at the table.

No one knew the sweet prince, so often looked over and ignored, had already sold out his nation to the Emperor nearly a year before, had won the love of Yam Mayim, who listened to him and made him feel gloriously HEARD-

Cyrus was charming and sweet, though with a blade-sharp wit that showed when he suggested a daring pincer strike, and the news came that Cyrus' plan had caused the Imperial army to give ground for the first time since the invasion began.

No one knew that Yam Mayim had had those messengers captured, bound, gagged, and replaced with spies the moment they left the manse.

Eaton, training shirtless, had already made his mind up to do a little conquering of his own and show the little Northerner prince a good time, trusting his rakish manner and firm physique to win over the soft-looking prince. It was always the fussy ones that were wildest once you got their knickers off.

But the prince paid him no mind, and instead helped them with his tactical plans. There were just enough failures to make his successes seem well-won, and Prince Cyrus became valuable indeed. Enough to make him an honorary member of the war council.

But the Imperial army kept advancing, and the Shiplords all commended the Northern prince's bravery in committing to remain with them through the inevitable siege.

But the night before the battening down of all hatches was to take place, the Shiplords and their king held one last traditional good luck feast.

And Cyrus stood when the toast to the upcoming battle ended and all the others had drunk.

"And hail! To Cassabrian paralytics." He smiled sweetly. The other diners, minds slowed by the drug, glanced at him without understanding.

"Oh, right. Smaller words. I poisoned you all. You won't die - we're not planning to incite a revolt here. The word will spread that you all chose to surrender to the military might of the Empire."

By this time, the Shiplords sat frozen in place, unable to move a muscle. King Hiram was caught mid-step trying to reach for Cyrus, possibly to throttle him. Eaton had his axe lifted and almost thrown in the time it had taken the drug to take effect, and the weapon clattered uselessly to the table.

"Right, policy changes!" Cyrus grinned before clapping his hands and signalling the Imperial troops and Guards to enter, followed by the Emperor himself. "Since the war council is... indisposed, I shall take charge of decision-making. I propose a full surrender." He darted to King Hiram and pushed the man's arm up and in a deep voice said, "motion seconded."

Yam Mayim chuckled. "And how fortunate it is that I am willing to accept this peaceful surrender. I am afraid I must demand the immediate deposition of King Hiram Holm for crimes against the Empire. He will have a hearing before a tribunal, etcetera."

Cyrus continued to grin. "Then an election must occur among all council members still fit, which is... just me. Very well, I elect Prince Eaton Holm as new king. Any issues? No? Wonderful."

All the while, the Imperial Guard began to restrain each Shiplord, as well as the King and his son. The Shiplords would be held captive for a time, before offered wealth and leniency in exchange for helping the annexation of the South go smoothly. The King would be executed, and The Emperor quickly came to the conclusion that the new King-Hostage would need to be put to use.

And with that, the Emperor, Cyrus, and the army began to march back to Makaranth, King Eaton Holm securely muzzled and bound. Though they soon switched course to the Wastes, when it became clear a detour was needed...

Last edited by Volobond 6 months ago, edited 2 times in total.

Guardianbound
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Guardianbound »

Volobond wrote: 6 months ago and The Emperor quickly came to the conclusion that the new King-Hostage would need to be put to use.
Hmmmmm.... what use though? Marrying Eaton to Avel can't be the full plan. Now we have some insight into Eaton's character it seems Kai would have to spend a lot of time on him to train him properly, if Kai accepts the Emperor's proposal.

And Cyrus and the Emperor.... who's playing who there?

Love this mix of political machinations and splashes of bondage

KidnappedCowboy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

"My lord father, I'm sure when you were my age, you traded many nights of potential sleep for... better things."
So...Eaton may enjoy his bound and muzzled state!! 8-)
gag1195
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by gag1195 »

Cyrus is far more cunning and dangerous than he initially seems... A one-man coup, charming, shrewd, devious, calculating, unscrupulous. The perfect diplomatic infiltrator. I must know more about him and how he ended up betraying his family/kingdom and ending up in the confidence of The Emperor! I do know that things just got a lot more complicated and dangerous for Kai and Avel... and I still do not trust the Emperor or his offer... especially if Cyrus is involved...
My M/M Stories Here
Volobond
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Volobond »

Eaton could barely stand the sheer humiliation. Being led on a leash by the son of his enemy? To a stable designed for chattel? Helpless to fight or even speak out in defiance? He was like some common animal, more than a prisoner. But metal and leather withstood the flexing and resistance of muscle and flesh.

But... the wariness this strange warrior and the Prince treated the Emperor. Were they not his loyal subjects? And if not... could they help him?

Cyrus had not known, because they were already launched, and Osmiri custom did not allow simple chatter about seafaring campaigns - loose lips sink ships was more than idle rhyme to them. Shiplord Senma was still on his way to assault Makaranth, and with any luck, he could find and free the other Shiplords brought to the capital before him!

Eaton had accepted the fact that he would likely never taste free air again, and that his father was most certainly dead. But if he could find a way to delay the Emperor and his army, even at cost to himself, it could give Senma's campaign the edge it needed, and then the fleet could gather the whole world to strike down the Sun's Empire!

And with the daring of a born swashbuckler, Eaton tipped forward and fell face first against the thick layer of dust over the ground. And that involuntary puff of air sent particles up his nose and into the watering tube in his muzzle, and just as planned, Eaton began to choke.

Avel yelped, quickly drawing Eaton up into a kneeling position as his body convulsed. Mikal, meanwhile, quickly held him by the head harness, keeping his head steady as Mikal began to unlock the vile muzzle.

Eaton choked as the thick plug was drawn from his mouth. And was surprised yet again by Avel, who braced him with his own body and pounded him on the back, forcing the captive prince to clear his airway with a cough and then gulp in air.

Eaton was a handsome man. Even with his lower face red from the pressure and weight of the muzzle, even with a growth of stubble flattened to his skin, hair wild and bereft of decoration. He gave a calculatedly weak smile at Avel and leaned forward again, intentionally making as much body contact as possible. "Thank... you... saved... life." The unattractive croak of dehydration to his voice was not an affect.

Avel blushed. "No, it was... Mikal. I... come on, let's get you out of the dusty air."

Mikal moved to return the muzzle, and Eaton gave a not-entirely-feigned look of fear towards Avel, who raised a hand. "Let him breathe, Guard Mikal. He nearly suffocated."

Mikal nodded in deference, and simply followed. Eaton considered. He'd have to get Mikal away somehow. Be alone with the prince. He seemed to be involved with the mystery warrior the Emperor had come to see, so taking him hostage was probably out. But making him sympathize could work.

Eaton began to form a plan, as the entourage reached the long building tucked against the outer wall of the compound. Whatever he decided to do, had to be done before the prince left the stable...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic