Shadow of the Mountain (Fantasy, M/M) (COMPLETE)

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
gag1195
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by gag1195 »

A fantastic ending! It was well worth the wait! The action was intense and suspenseful! I'll be honest, there was a moment I thought our heroes might lose! I am very glad I was wrong! Garret and Hendrick and their relationship makes me so happy!

I think you can count this story as a success! I really hope we see more of these characters in the future, but if we don't, this is a great way to end their tales!
My M/M Stories Here
DeeperThanRed
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by DeeperThanRed »

It's hard to believe that Shadow of the Mountain came to an end. It feels like just yesterday I was wondering how Garret will be rescued after Thomas made him take his place. This was an amazing, wild ride and I'm glad that I followed it from the start, otherwise I'd probably find its length daunting but now I already want to reread this on a calm weekend.

This conclusion was pretty different from the rest of the story in terms of scope and impact of the events but it fits naturally into how everything lead up to it. I was on the edge of my seat during the most of it and some parts were positively bone-chilling. Thomas's fate was the worst of it; even if one can argue that he had it coming, it's nothing short of nightmare fuel.

Elias, Amadi and Makaio earning their happy endings after all they went through is a delight but I also liked that how there is still evil in the Red Haven and the danger awaiting the men who venture to the dark corners of the city remains.

Finally, Hendrick and Garret were terrific in this chapter. They had to fight hard and make difficult choices but it was all worth it at the end. You can see they are stronger, more mature men compared to how the story started. I like to think that their journey will act as a sort of honeymoon for them, aside from discovering the world together.

Thanks a lot for sharing this story with us and staying it to the end. It's no easy feat and definitely inspired me a lot. At the risk of sounding corny, this was an epic I won't ever forget.
25-year-old bondage enthusiast who likes cute guys, underwear, and bondage, preferably together.

You can reach my list of written work here: https://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38808#p38808
Volobond
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Volobond »

Good gravy! This... I'm speechless that this tale is, in fact, complete.

You've done such an incredible job of bringing us all into this fantasy world and making the story so well-written and, for lack of a better term, you tie up all the loose ends! ;)

I cheered when Garrett and Hendrik got together and I was so shocked by Thomas' ultimate fate - it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I bow to you as a writer of fantasy - both magical and erotic.

You can find my M/M stories here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38809#p38809
Varlance
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Varlance »

Congratulations on bringing this fantastic tale to a conclusion! Thank you for all the hard work and time that you put into weaving this story together and keeping us (spell)bound along the way. :)
cj2125

Post by cj2125 »

Congratulations in finishing such a fantastic tale! The climax had me at the edge of my seat and the epilogue did a good job of giving the main characters some closure. Thanks for putting much effort into giving us this epic!
rotkaepple
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by rotkaepple »

I spend the whole day to read again through the older parts just to finish of the complete story. A Sunday well spent I' say 😁 This was really enjoyable and such alot of twist. I was looking forward all the time for an new part. Sadly, now it is finished. However, it is such a great story.
Yes, it's a nice place we have here, both for readers and writers.
KidnappedCowboy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by KidnappedCowboy »

Omigosh, [mention]Charmides[/mention], where do I start?

Thank you, of course, for such a well-written and exciting adventure that brought us so many memorable characters (you know that I have a soft spot for Elias, as well a very minor character -- the handsome, Red Haven guardsman enslaved to the Venesthians by Thomas :D ) and exciting twists and turns as rope, belts, and bandages were knotted around various and sundry men with gags muffling them into silence, as they were slipped into chests, sacks, coffins, and crates.

You ended this beautiful story on a high note, treating us to a real cliffhanger and tying the tale up so neatly! :)

And, you have also teased us, perhaps, with quite a few potential spinoffs for major and minor characters to become entangled in various webs:

What fettered fate lies in store for our heroes Garret and Hendrick, as they journey from the shadow of the mountain?

What traps may ensnare Amadi and Makaio as they travel eastward?

Will Lord Castero pinion Taylor forever in his patronage?

And will Elias once again be shackled in a search to find his own true love?

Oh! What a tale you've woven and left us threads to tie up in the future! ;)
Rtj65
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Rtj65 »

Wow - you absolutely nailed it with this ending. I feel like every character of note got a fitting send off, and I especially like that not all of the bad guys were brought to justice. Your descriptions are so visceral, it's so easy for me to picture exactly what's going on - which is no easy feat when there was so much supernatural stuff in this last chapter.

The whole story has been perfectly paced and suspenseful from start to finish, I've been on the edge of my seat the entire way through. And that's without getting started on the bondage! As always, your descriptions are so exciting and vivid yet the tie up scenes never feel out of place within the story. I enjoyed those parts just as much as the story itself.

I'm almost sad that this story has come to an end now, but I know that I'll be coming back to read this again in the future! All of your characters are really interesting - as others have said, I would gladly read spinoffs involving any of them, given that most of them are still around!

In any case, congrats on finishing this epic, you should be really proud of it. Whatever you decide to do next, I'll be keeping a close eye out. Thanks for sharing this incredible work with us!
Male switch from the UK here, always up for a chat about anything TUGs related!

My stories
Causality (F/M) - https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=9909
A Grey Area (M/F) - https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12604
Opal
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Opal »

Can't believe it's really over!!! This story has been my FAVORITE bondage story for a long time; sad to see it end but also really happy to see it in the first place! It really feels like a professionally written high fantasy bondage novella; truly unique but also amazing!! Wish I had more to say but to be honest I'm overwhelmed with emotion haha.

I hope you'll grace us with a new story in the future! C:
privateandrews
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by privateandrews »

Holy Molly , I read books and find so much personal pleasurer in doing so , i have always been spirited away in reading. This tale i came across thanks to this wonderful site has left me so begging for more, Thank you for making me print this out on to paper so i can sit and read it like a hand held book. The invested feelings i ended up having for All the characters in this story took me by surprise, the fact they got constantly trussed and very well gagged is a big yes, Thank you for your words.
Muscle-Flex
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Muscle-Flex »

Finally had a chance to finish reading the last chapter. That was a great ending, really well done! It was all the better (for this kind of saga), the way you slightly undercut the "happily ever after" with a little bit of melancholy - the loss of Inyatala and, amidst the pleasure of returning to normal life, the touch of loneliness that remains for Elias. Of course, it is also fun to think about strong, handsome, naive Taylor's upcoming voyage of discovery as he walks into permanent erotic entrapment. Fantastic all around! Thanks for writing this story.
MountainMan_91
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by MountainMan_91 »

Hey [mention]Charmides[/mention]

I feel bad that I haven't read the latest chapters yet...

But I love this story so much!

Part of me is thinking if I never read the last chapter it will last forever :D twisted right :twisted:

But really, what I am planning is to actually reread it from the start to finish like a regular book!

I will get back to you when I'm done...

Apologies for reacting so slowly.

Be good!
Learning new things each day...

A list of my work...
Gala
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Gala »

This was such a great story I loved and enjoyed it so much that I created an account to be able to comment here. I loved everything about it...the story was so well crafted it had my on the edge of my seat more than once, I really didn't no were it would be going or if our heros would succed at the end. Especially in the last chapter when Hendrick gave his gift to Thomas I really thought he was going to die a noble sacrifice death!!! Usually I'm sure the heros succeed and survive because they are the heroes but here I was unsure until the very last second. There were so many plottwists in the course of the story to be sure of anything and thats what I loved so much about it. Also the bondage felt like an integral part of the story!!! Not just there for the sake of it why they had to be tied and gagged...maybe not in such exzessive ways😉 but still. My favorite was how Garret was chairtied at Lord Casteros castle. There was absolutly no way for him to get out of that since it was metal and not ropes which was binding him. And I absolutley loved that there was also one going over his mouth and forehead keeping him absolutly immobile!!! Loved that image. My second favorite was when Thomas first saw Master Borims abaonded wagon and found the slaves in the hidden department. I loved the way they were tied there and begging Thomas to free them trough their gags. But of course every single one was great and always there for a reason as I said. Thats what I loved so much that the story and the bondage were both so good on their own but also blended effortlessly together!!!!
CaptiveDan
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by CaptiveDan »

I'm still only half way through reading the story but holy shit is this amazing so far! Love the characters, the worldbuilding, fantasy elements and incredibly creative restraint methods.
Julno45
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Julno45 »

This story was really neat and interesting, and I really liked the worldbuilding aspect to it. Fantasy-centric bondage is a niche (at least I think it is lmao) setting that id like to see more of.

I also think an anthology(?) or series involving Mendu, Castero, and Taylor would be something fun to see. Only if you’d be willing to, of course. Overall, the story was really enjoyable and reread-able, thanks for sharing it!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic