Revelation (M/F) (F/M) - A sequel to Devastation

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
NotSeen
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by NotSeen »

Oh, hello, Hel. Fancy meeting you here.
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

I did not see this coming, [mention]wolfman[/mention]. So very good. You have opened many new possibilities. Admittedly, I am assuming that the driver is Hel, now on the inside of T.H.I.S. I'm most eager to see what you do with this next.
ImageA List of my stories:
An Unlikely Savior Completed
Spy Task Force Completed
Tale of an Archer Completed
The Bandit Scout on Newhome updated 05/30/23
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

What shall I say, without repeating myself? Lupita is a force to behold. So it seemed. But if you read the last Paragraphs you see a different person, The dominant woman reduced to a submissive. This chapter is one of contrasts!
wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

NotSeen wrote: 2 years ago Oh, hello, Hel. Fancy meeting you here.
Didn't think I had forgotten about her did you?
GreyLord wrote: 2 years ago I did not see this coming, [mention]wolfman[/mention]. So very good. You have opened many new possibilities. Admittedly, I am assuming that the driver is Hel, now on the inside of T.H.I.S. I'm most eager to see what you do with this next.
Time will tell what she is up to, but it should be a Hel of a ride.
Caesar73 wrote: 2 years ago What shall I say, without repeating myself? Lupita is a force to behold. So it seemed. But if you read the last Paragraphs you see a different person, The dominant woman reduced to a submissive. This chapter is one of contrasts!

Hel did a real number on Lupita, the question is how far can she push it.
View my latest story, Revelation, here;

https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8719

To view it's prequel Devastation, please click below;
https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7458
wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

Kim looks down at Salvaje's bloodied and battered face, numbly thinking, "The book says, people pump blood, dead bodies ooze. This guy is oozing. So much for being an alpha predator."

She looks down at her hands and feels the life she has just taken. Her tears flow down her cheeks and splash onto her arms, as a gentle rain falls, washing the blood away. She tilts her head back, welcoming the cool, cleansing shower, as she imagines it purge the darkness from her soul.

She snaps back to her senses and frantically looks around, thinking, "The others."

Kim scrambles to her feet, grabbing his discarded cleaver and sprinting for the out of place bush. She crashes through it's branches and sees a door, locked with a combination padlock. Acting on instinct and trusting the book, she pulls the lock placing it under tension ans begins turning each of the wheels in turn, feeling for changes in resistance. Click-click-click-wiggle. Click-click-click-click-click-wiggle. Click-wiggle. Click-click-click-wiggle-clunk. The door opens with a soft creak, opening out into a rough hewn rock cave, lit with twinkling LED's.

She moves quickly descending deeper until she enters a chamber with a bench, dining table and chairs man from human bones. Her lip quivers, as she tries to force the image from her mind.

Room by room she proceeds, cleaver at the ready, finding a room full of hikers backpacks, clothing and other souvenirs, unkempt bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen with a questionable stew on the hob. She stands nervously in front of the large metal door of the fridge.

Kim pulls hard on the door, opening it with a clunk. The word "No." forms soundlessly on her lips, seeing the two still, forms hanging before her, barely noticing the door at the far side of the walk in fridge. She rushes into the room, making a beeline for the closest form. "Tara." She cries shaking the body. He sinks to her knees, "I am too late." She wails.

A soft moan from Tara, snaps her back to focus, "Please." She begs, letting the sentiment hang in the air. She wraps her arms around her back, pressing Tara's stomach to her shoulder and reaches up, slashing the rope that holds her aloft. Kim grunts as she feels Tara's legs, thump into her back and she takes the weight.

Kim struggles to balance and feels Tara's dead weight, she grunts with the strain thinking, "I would carry them back to England if it means they live."

She lumbers as fast as she dare to the store room and lays Tara on a pile of camping mats, before racing to fetch Anya. "Bastard. It's bad enough he tied them up and hung them in a fridge, why did he have to strip them?" She thinks bitterly, laying Anya next to Tara. "They deserve better."

"Sorry to leave you in a place like this. I have to find Ali." She whispers, kissing each of them on the cheek.

She pulls a sleeping bag over them, leaving them strapped and gagged for now. "Sorry girls, would take too long and the clock is ticking."

Kim sprints breathlessly from room to room again, without success in her search for Ali. Until she remembers the door in the back of the fridge. 

Feeling bodily tired, she finds the door locked. With defiant fingers, she draws the boat hook and jams the point between the door and frame and heaves, cracking the door open. Her eyes fall upon the wrapped motionless form of Ali's body and rests two fingers on her neck.

Kim holds her breath, "Please God, don't let that sick scumbag have taken Ali." Her heart leaps, feeling a faint pulse, fluttering against her fingers. She walks around to the side of the table and then notices the needle in Ali's arm. "NO." she screams, full of despair and anger.

She traces the line from the needle, to a collection of blood bags hanging under the table, with the word "Gravy." written on them in permanent marker.

Kim whips out the cleaver and cuts Ali free from the cling film and lifts her down onto the floor. With trembling fingers, she hangs the blood bags upside down so that they can drain back into the unconscious girl.

"Ok they are all alive. Need to free Anya and Tara and warm them up a bit. Then get Ali comfortable. Then I am having a wash and getting some food on the go." Kim nods to herself, "Keep moving."

After tending a cut on Tara's head and bandaging her ankle, Kim sets down the first aid kit and smiles, noticing a little colour returning to Tara and Anya's cheeks. "That is a good sign." She thinks, relieved. "I am glad I was able to find some clothes that fit them. Give them a little dignity." She pulls the sleeping bag back over them and tucks them in, careful to avoid jarring Tara's now heavily wrapped ankle. She pauses, deep in thought before heading to the kitchen.

She returns with a glass of water and drains it in one go, then she takes a discarded t-shirt and polishes it. Thoughtfully she presses Anya and Tara's left thumbs to the glass and setting it down on top of a cupboard.

A moment later she is by Ali's side, smiling gently. "The blood bags have drained and her pulse is much stronger." She brushes the hair from her comrades face, "Dare I hope she will be ok?"

Kim gently pulls the needle from Ali's arm and presses a ball of cotton wall over the mark and holds it in place with medical tape. With a heave Kim sits Ali up and pulls her over her shoulder. "Time to get the gang back together." She whispers to no one.

"They are safe." She thinks laying Ali down next to Tara and Anya's unconscious forms. being as gentle as she is able she eases her into underwear, shorts and a T-shirt.

She picks up the glass and presses Ali's left thumb to it, next to her own then sets it atop a cupboard.

Kim begins rummaging through bags, saying "'Sorry.", before opening each one. She checks all the mobile phones she finds until one turns on. She grabs the charger for it and walks over the the glass.

She opens the phones camera app and zooms in. She rests her wrists on the top of the cupboard to steady the phone and begins looking at the finger prints.

After a few minutes she nods to herself, "That settles it."

She puts the phone on charge and checks on the sleeping girls, "They look so peaceful." She thinks, tucking them in. The horror of the fight with their captor displelled by the sight of them sleeping and the knowledge that they are safe because of her.

"If you had said to me last week I would be kidnapped and meet three girls, who look just like me. I would have freaked out." Kim reflects, "Truth is we are all different. Ali is kind of innocent and sweet. Anya is quiet and hopeful. Then there is Tara." Kim looks at Tara and gently squeezes her shoulder, "She has been hurt so much and for so long and yet, there is a strength to her."

Kim goes to the kitchen and turns on the stove, she heaves a large saucepan onto the hob on a low heat and empties in a few cans of sweetcorn, kidney beans, button mushrooms and various other vegetables, then pours in rice. "That will be enough to keep us going. I don't want to risk any meat from that fridge."

"Just a few more things to do and then I can rest for a bit." She says softly, picking up a shovel and heading outside.

"No." Ali mumbles, weakly tossing in her sleep, "Please Uncle Salvaje, don't eat me." She slurs.

Anya and Tara begins to stir, from the jostling and protests. Tara jolts awake and sits bolt upright, frantically checking her body and her face, panting hard. She hugs herself, rocking gently back and forth, unable to believe she is still alive.

Anya rolls off of the pile of coats and wakes with a surprised "'Eek." For a moment she panics, unable to remember where she is. She takes a deep breath and stares a the girls with her face laying next to her. Slowly she begins to remember, the feeling of the cold and helplessness she felt before she passed out. She locks eyes with Tara and with an expression of disbelief, whispers, "We are alive."

Tara nods subtly, "Yeah. But how?"

Anya shakes her head, "I don't know."

Ali starts thrashing in bed and moaning, Tara reaches down and gently begins to shake her with a hand on her shoulder. Ali lashes out, blindly flailing and catches Tara in the mouth, knocking her on her back before she comes to her senses.

Anya places a hand on Ali's shoulder, causing her snap her head around breathlessly. "Shhhh. You are ok. You are safe." Anya says, trying to do what she thinks Kim would do.

Ali smiles up at her, before remembering that she just hit Tara. Feeling guilty she sits up and slowly turns to where Tara lays on her back. "I am so sorry."

Tara begins to chuckle, "You soppy sod. It was an accident, no harm done."

"I am sorry though." Ali says, unable to look away from the cut on Tara's lip.

"I am too happy to be alive, to be mad at you for accidentally lashing out." Tara says, crawling back over to the pile of coats to hug Ali and Anya. A part of her melts, feeling the embrace of her companions. "I keep thinking it is a dream, and then I realise that I am not in that cell anymore." She thinks, feeling something suspiciously like hope.

"Where is Salvaje?" Ali whispers, fearfully, "This could be a sick game and he is lurking behind that door, to eat us."

"Was that his name?" Anya asks, with a raised eyebrow. "Wait, what do you mean eat us?"

"He had me strapped down and was draining my blood. He promised to give me a peaceful death before he ate me and made me one with him." Ali says, fighting the emotion that the memory conjures forth, "He licked me and said I was delicious."

Tara and Anya look at her horrified and without thinking, hug her a little tighter, both hoping that Ali is wrong and he is not behind the door.

Kim pushes the door closed to the underground lair and leans back against it, closing her eyes, "That freak is buried, the smoker is extinguished, tracks are covered and door camoflaged. We should be ok here for the night." She thinks, wearily.

Images of the men she has killed flash before her eyes. Lifeless faces bereft because of her. She closes her eyes and thinks of her father as he was in life and the love she felt when he hugged her. She fights not to cry when she realises, she will never feel him cuddle her again and tell her things will be ok.

Noises of hushes conversation from the store room catch her attention. "They are awake. I need to be there for them." She thinks wiping her eyes and taking a deep breath to centre herself. "No one is here to tell you it will be ok. It is up to you." She decides, "Any doubts, or fears can wait until everyone is safe."

She straightens herself and strides to the door, pushing it open gently, so as not to startle her companions. The door creaks softly as she enters, drawing gasps from the girls.

Ali, Tara and Anya turn as one to the door, to see Kim in the doorway with the light behind her. They cannot help but notice the dust streaked and blood soaked clothing and the relieved look on her face. "Hey guys. Dinner is almost ready." Kim says, managing to crack a smile.

The girls stare at Kim in awe, until Ali breaks their silence, "Where is he?" she says fearfully, trying to see if Salvaje is lurking behind Kim.

Kim walks into the room and extends her hand to Ali, "He is gone. He will never bother anyone again."

Tara's eyes widen in awe, "Did you? Errr you know?" She asks, not wanting to say it out loud.

Kim closes her eyes and nods gently, "Didn't have a choice."

Ali and Anya jump up and run to her hugging her so tightly, she thinks she will burst, amid cries of "Thank you." A moment later, Tara struggles to her feet and limps over to join the hug. In that moment, all four girls dare to hope that everything might be ok.

Kim smiles watching Tara ladel another helping of the stew into a bowl and attack it like she has never eaten before. Ali and Anya also eat with gusto, despite their initial reluctance, None of the girls would touch the food until Kim assured them that there was no meat from their captors fridge in it.

Between mouthfuls, Anya speaks softly, "When are we going to talk about why we all look the same?"

Tara's blood turns to ice water in her veins, "I thought I was hallucinating."

"I thought I was too." Ali exclaims, surprised.

"Me too." Kim adds, feeling a strange sense of relief.

Anya sets down her spoon for a moment and addresses the others, "Ok I will just come out with it. We are clones of Kim." As Kim sits, dumbfounded, Anya continues, "Whoever created us, wanted clones of Kim to be like an army of her."

"No." Kim protests, "We are not clones."

"We all look alike, we all thought we were hallucinating." Anya says, with a shrug.

"So did I to be fair. But cleaning the cut on Tara's head I realised that her face felt like it looked." Kim sets down her spoon and stands for a moment. "So it got me thinking about how this could happen."

"So are we like, clones?" Anya asks, feeling hollow.

Kim shakes her head, subtly, "Clones would have identical finger prints. I checked our prints while you rested and they are subtly different. We are not clones."

"If we arent clones, what are we?" Tara asks, wide eyed.

"Sisters." Kim says, "I don't know how, but I think we might be twins."

GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

It just keeps getting better and better. I would want Kim to be my daughter. She is absolutely fine. In spite of her worries, she does the right thing. Waiting on pins and needles for more.
Spy Task Force Completed
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

GreyLord wrote: 2 years ago I would want Kim to be my daughter.
That might mean you get a second one, if Tara and Kim are indeed sisters/twins.

Great storyline, I had not seen that one coming. Wonderful story [mention]wolfman[/mention]
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

GreyLord wrote: 2 years ago It just keeps getting better and better. I would want Kim to be my daughter. She is absolutely fine. In spite of her worries, she does the right thing. Waiting on pins and needles for more.
Wait no longer more is here for you. Kim is just a good hearted girl trying to do the right thing.
slackywacky wrote: 2 years ago
GreyLord wrote: 2 years ago I would want Kim to be my daughter.
That might mean you get a second one, if Tara and Kim are indeed sisters/twins.

Great storyline, I had not seen that one coming. Wonderful story [mention]wolfman[/mention]
I do try to keep everyone guessing

wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

After dinner, they return to the equipment room and begin setting up individual beds for the night. "Are you sure we will be ok here?" Anya asks, feeling worried.

Kim smiles gently, "I have covered our tracks as best I can and sprinkled cayenne pepper over half the forest to throw off the dogs. We are locked in and the entrance is concealed. We are as safe as we can be."

"Thank you Kim." Ali says, trying not to cry.

"No worries, babe." Kim says, trying to shrug it off, like Dani or Nikita would do.

"You have saved my life twice in a day. Thank you." Ali says, beaming a smile.

Tara and Anya echo her sentiments, slightly teary eyed.

"Ok this has to stop." Kim says, feeling overwhelmed, "I just did what I thought was right. We are cut from the same cloth. When you thank me, you are thanking yourselves. You can do what I do, you just don't know how to yet."

"No way, I could never do all the things you do." Ali says, wide eyed.

"Sure you could, we are all basically the same. It just happened to be me that did it." Kim says, thinking back to the fight with Salvaje and how he died.

"Are you alright?" Tara asks, seeing a wisp of something play across Kim's face.

"I am ok, just feel wrecked. Has been a rough day." Kim flops onto her bedroll and stretches, "I feel like I could sleep for a week, but I am not sure I will be able to."

"How come?" Anya asks, sympathetically.

"I can't stop seeing their faces." Kim confesses, feeling exhausted.

"Whose faces babe?" Ali asks, concerned.

"Dad, my uncle, the men at the van, Salvaje, the men who have kidnapped me and the men Angel killed to save me." Kim blurts out, "They haunt me and I cannot drive the faces away. I see all the people who have hurt me and who I have hurt. They don't fade."

"Maybe in time they will." Tara adds, trying to help.

"For anyone else, that is true. But I have a photographic memory." Kim says, bitterly, "My memories don't fade."

Tara hugs her so tightly it is as if she is trying to squeeze the pain out of them both, "I know it is not the same, but they held me for months, I remember every day, every meal, every second I waited for death to come. But mostly I remember my mum and dad's faces the moment after they were shot, like it was yesterday. Photographic memory is a bitch."

Anya joins them on Kim's bed, with a distant look in her eyes she begins to speak, "Mum and I had just been for a sea food platter. It was a a chilly night on the road out of Anchorage. Mom was excited about dad coming home for the Easter. I remember her getting upset in the car because I wasn't excited about seeing him. I tried to explain that I didn't know him. How could I get excited about someone I see for a few weeks every year? But she insisted. Then the other car forced us off of the road." She says, reliving the memory.

"I woke up on the plane in handcuffs, opposite mum. She kept telling me that dad would come, I remember trying to talk through tears and her getting up to comfort me. The guard told her to sit down but she refused, wanting to make sure I was ok. He hit her, trying to get her to calm down." Anya pauses, letting the scene play in her mind, "She never got up. It is clear as day for me, every day." She nods to Tara, "As you say, photographic memory is a bitch."

Ali sits quietly, lost in her thoughts, while all eyes are on Kim "Does that mean I will always remember my brother being killed?"

"It means that you get to remember him as he was in life perfectly, for as long as you live." Tara says, with a smile.

This sentiment, draws a gentle smile from everyone. "Try it now, lay back." Tara says, gently and laying down, promtping Ali, Anya and Kim to lay back, "Close your eyes and breath in and count to four, hold it and count to five, then breath out and count to six." Tara repeats over and over and then says, "Think of your favourite memory and let it play, like a movie."

One by one they open their eyes a few minutes later, all feeling much more relaxed. "Where did you learn that?" Anya asks, "I wish I had know that in my cell."

"My mum taught me. She was a life coach and when I had trouble sleeping, she would always help me to do that to relax and drop off." Tara explains, with a whistful smile, "When I was in my cell it was the only thing that helped me to sleep and relax. Her voice over and over, soothing me."

"Now we have your voice soothing us, whenever we need it." Ali says, beaming a smile.

Tara smiles, enjoying the feeling of helping another person. "What did you think of?" She asks, choking up a little.

"A celebration meal with my family." Ali says with smile and a faraway look in her eyes.

"What was the occasion?" Anya asks, with an inquisitive tone.

"I had just been selected for the England under sixteen's womens rugby league team." Ali confesses, sheepishly. "I was going to be a half back, before all this."

"That is awesome." Kim says, genuinely impressed.

"I could remember the position of every player and every tactical manual I ever read, so was good at coming up with new strategies on the fly. My dad coached me."' She smiles, gently, "He said I was quick as a whip when it came to adapting to the other team's changes in tactics and moved like a mongoose."

"After this is over, I will come to every one of your games." Kim says, with genuine warmth.

"Me too." Tara says, turning to Anya, "What about you? What did you think of?"

"Christmas with my folks. One of the few times dad was home for Christmas. The weather was bad and it was just us. It was one of the last times we were together as a family." Anya says, smiling wistfully. "It was none of the only times I remember that dad relaxed and just spent time with us." Her eyes become misty, "That is the version of Dad I have been praying would come for me, free me from that place, but he never came."

"Maybe he has been looking, but they hid you really well." Ali says, trying to be helpful.

Anya forces a smile and sighs, "I would like to think that is true." She winks at Ali, then turns to Kim, "What did you think of?"

"I was kidnapped by people smugglers trying to blackmail my dad. They kept me in a box for a month and then let me go. I was a wreck after." Kim confesses, "Then one night I was watching the news and a story came on about a massive guy holding a load of people hostage and this one woman standing up to him and absolutely wrecking him"

"Yeah I remember that. The wronged woman." Anya says nodding, "So badass."

"I thought so too. I thought if she can stand up and stop being a victim there was hope for me. I watched the fight over and over for about a day. I only stopped when Dad took me to this gala he had to go to. The memory I chose was that night."

Tara looks at her slightly bemused, "But why that night?"

"Because the wronged woman was there. My dad went up to her and asked if she would say hi to me. Not only did she say yes but, we spent an awesome evening with her and her family. Her sister taught me how to dance and it was an amazing night. It felt so unreal and magical." Kim says, tearing up with joy at the memory.

"That is pretty epic." Tara says, impressed.

"Wow, that is pretty cool." Ali adds, starry eyed, "She is pretty beast."

"Well a little while after the gala, she called my dad to see how I was doing and we started to meet up regularly. About a year later, my dad married her." Kim says blushing.

"No way." Anya says, laughing and shaking her head, until she sees the quiet calm in Kim's eyes, then in disbelief says, "No way."

"We should call her and she will come get us." Ali says, excitedly.

"Not really at the moment." Kim says slumping her shoulders, "The people after us might be able to trace us before she can get here and she is pregnant."

"Awwww, congratulations." Tara says, beaming a smile.

"With dad gone, she needs me and she doesn't need this." Kim says, feeling the enormity of what she is thinking, "I need to get back to her, so she doesn't need to worry about me."

Anya stands up and does her best hard-bitten football coach impersonation, "There comes a time, in a girls life, that she has to step up and rise to the challenge. When the world pushes us down, we gotta rise up. Ladies our sister needs us, who will step up for her."

Tara, struggles to her feet and stands tall, "I will step up."

Ali bounces to her feet too, "I will step up too."

"As will I" Anya says, before turning to Kim, "We are here for you Kim. What can we do to help you get back to your Step-mum?"

Kim feels a certain warmth in her heart as everyone pledges their support, "I think we should rest and be ready to head out when the sun goes down. Less chance of us being spotted if we stick to the woods and head west."

"Sounds like a plan, where are we headed?" Anya asks, with a smile.

"Santander. My auntie Angel has a safe house there where we can shelter and use the encrypted satellite phone to contact my step mum." Kim confirms, with a nod.

"How far away is it?" Anya asks, chewing her lip.

Kim's shoulder slump slightly, "About forty miles."

Tara sees the doubt in the eyes of her sisters and decided to speak up. "What's the plan?" She says brightly, "My ankle still a little sore, but feels much better, I am up for a walk."

"We travel at night and lay low during the day, we could be there in a few nights." Kim says, before spreading her arms wide, "This room is filled with stuff that Salvaje took from his victims. We could use this stuff to help us on our way."

"If we use their things to get to safety, then it is like they are helping us from beyond the grave." Ali says, solemnly.

"What kind of thing should we look for?" Anya asks, looking to Kim for guidance.

Kim thinks for a moment, "Back pack, face masks, bedroll, sleeping bag, couple of changes of clothes, multitool or knife, cord, loo roll, first aid kits any sanitary items you need, lighter or matches, water, tinned food, cash if you can find it and a compass. Plus anything you think will be useful."

"How about Tara and I take care of clothes and gear, Ali gathers food and water and you rest for a bit?" Anya suggests, with nods from her sisters.

"It's ok, I will help." Kim says, wearily.

"You have done so much. Let us do something and you rest." Ali says, bright eyed.

Kim opens her mouth to protest, but knows she needs rest, "Actually, I wouldn't mind laying down for a bit."

"Cool, we will crack on then." Anya says, getting to her feet.

The girls begin busying themselves, searching for the gear that they will need, with Kim softly snoring on the floor.

Ali adjusts her grip on the bag of tinned veg, beans and spam and stares at the blank wall in the kitchen. "That's odd, all the other walls are lined with pans and cooking stuff, but not this one."

"Look for something out of place and then keep looking until you understand why." Her dad's voice says in the back of her mind. Taking a moment she sets down her bag and steps closer, slowly examining the wall from ceiling to floor. She frons noticing a curved scuff mark on the floor. Pondering for a moment, she takes a knife from a nearby rack and steps up to the wall. She presses a hand to it and pushes experimentally.

With a soft click the concealed door clicks open. She takes a breath and braces herself for what is behind the door. Nervous fingers curl around the edge of the door and pull it open.

She stares wide eyed and open mouthed at the hidden room, thinking, "I need to tell the others about this."

Kim wakes slowly and stretches, feeling surprisingly relaxed. Her gaze falls upon the snoozing forms of Anya and Tara and the four back packs arranged in front of them.

She slowly rouses herself and sits up, spotting a change of clothes that had been laid out for her. She takes the bundle and heads for the bathroom, emerging a few minutes later, washes and changed into the loose fitting black cargo pants, grey tank top and hiking shoes.

Trying not to wake the others she begins to search the room, retrieving a sturdy looking multi tool and a folding knife with a keen edge and slips it into her hip pocket and keeps searching.

Her head whips round as Ali runs panting into the room. Kim gives her some water and pputs her hand between her sisters shoulder blades while she is bent over catching her breath. "Easy, take your time."

Ali looks up at her and speaks between breaths, "Found something....You need to see...Don't know what to do."

Kim fingers the knife in her pocket warily and nods, "Show me."

Ali grabs her hand and pulls her along, babbling, "Was looking for food and water....Found a secret door...You need to see it."

A few minutes later, Kim steps through the secret door and sees why Ali is so excited.

Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Alas, one of those devious cliffhangers again :) I was heart breaking to see how Kim and her Friends took care of each other!
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

That was great, wonderful to see them have a moment of relative peace.
Now you left us with this cliffhanger...

GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Team Kim just keeps on giving. And now, her sisters are stepping up to join the team too. And, of course, you leave us dangling off of a cliff. That was a fine chapter.
Spy Task Force Completed
wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

[mention]Caesar73[/mention] [mention]slackywacky[/mention] [mention]GreyLord[/mention]

Thank you for your comments guys, I am really glad you enjoyed the change of pace.

I apologise for the cliffhanger, I will try harder in future.

wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

Kim hugs Ali warmly, "You absolute boss. How did you find it?" She shakes her head in disbelief, at the dull green, forty year old, Volkswagen campervan.

"I was looking for food and water and notice the wall was blank. Then this voice said, 'look for something out of place and keep looking until you understand why.' Then I saw this curved scrape on the floor, so I pressed on the wall and it clicked open." Ali says composing herself

"That spunds like something from Angel's book." Kim says, with a smile, "Where did you hear that?"

Ali looks confused and a little scared as she says, "Dad is a research scientist, it is like his mantra."

"That is kind of cool. Your dad has helped us find a van." Kim says beaming.

"If only we could drive it." Ali says, worried.

Kim reaches into her pocket and pulls out her multi tool and deploys the screw driver and approaches the door of the vehicle. "Cross your fingers." Kim says over her shoulder, a moment before the lock of the door clicks. With a wink to Ali, she pulls on the door handle and the door opens for her.

She climbs in to the drivers seat of the vehicle and opens up the pliers of the tool and sets to work. Ali watches nervously and almost whoops in delight, as the van rumbles into life. 

Ali shrieks with joy and Kim leaps out of the van, hugging her, "You did it. You are just the best"

They gather around the campervan, passing an american football as if they were playing rugby. Everyone took a moment to change their clothes, with Ali in an England football shirt and short, Anya in beige cargo shorts and a black t-shirt, Tara in green leggings and a tank top and Kim in jeans and a t-shirt. 

"We have wheels and gear ladies." Kim says, catching the ball and passing it to Ali.

"So can anyone drive?" Ali asks, looking at the van and passing the ball to Anya.

"Mum taught me how to ride an off road bike and an ATV." Anya says, passing the ball to Kim.

"I have driven my step mum's car a few times and borrowed my auntie Niki's a few times." Kim says, passing the ball to Tara.

"Never driven a car, but have had a few helicopter lessons, scuba lessons and a few other things." Tara confesses, "Dad was rich and encouraged me to try new things." Her voice trails off, "He was great like that."

Kim squeezes Tara's shoulder, "It's ok. You are not alone any more."

"How are you so together? You lost your dad and your uncle last night. But no one would know that to look at you." Tara says pulling away slightly from Kim's hand.

"I can feel the pain inside me eating away, but I know if I give in to it, it will consume me. It isn't just me that lost my dad and my uncle, my step mum did too. I need to get back to her and I need to get you guys to safety." Kim says, with a hint of sadness.

"This is not all on you. Let us help." Anya says gently.

Kim nods wordlessly, lost in her own thoughts for a moment, before taking a breath, "Let's load up the van. Then why don't we see if I can teach Tara to drive."

"Wont it be risky?" Ali asks, worried, "What if someone sees us?"

"We could each grab a hoodie and wear a face mask. We only travel at night and stick to the back roads, we might be ok." Kim says, nodding her head, "I won't lie, this is not a perfect plan, there are risks but it will put some distance between us and them."

"Let's do this." Tara says, actually feeling a ripple of excitement.

The van pulls out of the cave entrance and slowly inches it's way through the woods. Ali and Anya walk in front of it, picking out a clear path and Kim keeps gently coaching Tara, until they reach the edge of a road.

Anya and Ali hop into the back of the van and put on their seat belt. The vans interior has a slight buzz of anticipation, as Tara pulls onto the road and they start picking up speed. To her credit, having never driven before Tara, does a good job of keeping the vehicle on the road and under the speed limit, even dealing with a couple of tricky bends and keeping her cool, with Kim's coaching.

"Where is the button for the window?" Tara asks, feeling the need to have a little wind through her hair.

"No button, handle on the door with the round knob on it." Kim says, smiling to herself, "Grab the know and give it a pull."

"It's really stiff. I have a firm grip on the knob and I am pulling for all I am worth, but it won't release." Tara says, frustrated, unaware of the giggles from Ali and Anya behind her.

"I daren't pull it any harder, it might snap off before it lets go." Tara says, exasperated.

"Stop pulling it for a bit and just try talking dirty to it." Kim says trying not to laugh, while the back seat erupts in laughter.

"What?" Tara asks confused, before realising what they have been saying. She playfully punches Kim's leg saying "Twat." Before, laughing herself, for the first time since her parents died.

Even Kim joins in, allowing a crack in her hard exterior, for just a moment. Without thinking she winds down her window allowing the cool night air into the cabin.

"Looks like you have a way with the knob." Tara says, chuckling.

"Nah, you just have cold hands." Kim fires back.

When the laughter dies down, Ali nervously speaks, "Erm, Kim? Have you ever kissed a boy?"

Kim turns around in her seat and shakes her head, "Nah, life around my family is too nuts. Any boy would probably get killed in the crossfire or become obsessed with my step mum and her sisters."

"Is there anything in Angel's book about dating?" Ali asks, curiously.

"No, it is all business." Kim says with a strange look on her face, "I think she is lonely. She puts herself fully into everything she does, but never seems really happy. She has saved my life and so many other lives, I would give anything to see her happy."

"That is so sad." Tara says, taking her eyes off the road for a moment.

"I kissed a boy once." Anya confesses, blushing.

"What was it like?" Ali asks, wide eyed.

"It was at the dance last summer, the band was playing and everyone was dancing. The sun had just gone down and the sky was a deep purple and the stars were just coming out. I felt a tap on my shoulder, when I turned round Tommy Hawkins put his arms around me and pressed his lips to mine. Everything else fell away for a magical moment." She pauses and brushes a hint of a tear away, "We pulled apart a moment later and he let me go and went over to his buddies, who all gave him a dollar, for winning the bet that he would kiss an actual girl."

"That sucks." Tara curses. "Raasclat."

"What the hell does that mean?" Anya asks, confused. "Rasclet?"

"Nah, Raasclat. Means arse cloth." Tara explains, with a shrug.

"When I see him again, I will be sure to call him that." Anya says, with a wink.

"When you see him again, we will be with you." Kim says, smiling over her shoulder.

"Damn straight, I bet you five pounds you can't kick him in the nuts." Ali chuckles, inviting a "Second that." From Kim and a "Count me in.", from Tara.

The van is jolted by a thump and Tara slams on the brakes, bringing the vehicle to a screeching halt. The girls sit in silence until Kim speaks softly, "Put it in reverse, put your foot down and get us out of here.", as she stares at something on the side of the road.

"What did I hit?" Tara asks, heartborken, not wanting to know the answer.

"Just drive."' Kim says softly, while thinking, "I don't know what is worse, the fact that the man is not moving, or the fact his hands are tied behind his back."'

slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

wolfman wrote: 2 years ago "Erm, Kim? Have you ever kissed a boy?"
Talk about doing a 360... I loved the handing the ball around.
wolfman wrote: 2 years ago "I don't know what is worse, the fact that the man is not moving, or the fact his hands are tied behind his back."'
And just when things were slightly normal (define normal?) again, they are dragged down into the misery again.
Well written!

GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

I just learned not to try to post using my phone. Another great chapter and another great cliffhanger, [mention]wolfman[/mention]. Can I assume that the girls are all the same age, 15? Their talk seems natural.

But who have they hit?
Spy Task Force Completed
wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

slackywacky wrote: 2 years ago
wolfman wrote: 2 years ago "Erm, Kim? Have you ever kissed a boy?"
Talk about doing a 360... I loved the handing the ball around.
wolfman wrote: 2 years ago "I don't know what is worse, the fact that the man is not moving, or the fact his hands are tied behind his back."'
And just when things were slightly normal (define normal?) again, they are dragged down into the misery again.
Well written!
I can't let them off too easy now can I. I am glad you liked it.
GreyLord wrote: 2 years ago I just learned not to try to post using my phone. Another great chapter and another great cliffhanger, [mention]wolfman[/mention]. Can I assume that the girls are all the same age, 15? Their talk seems natural.

But who have they hit?
I am pleased you liked this chapter, I found it hard to get the right balance with the dialogue in this and am really pleased with the result. The girls are all 13. I hope you like the next chapter.

wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

"But why?" Tara asks, confused, "What did I hit?"

"That doesn't matter. All that matters is that we get out of here." Kim says nervously looking at the slowly moving man, just out of her sisters eye line.

Suddenly two men burst from the bushes, one bare chested and covered in tattoos, pointing a gun at the man on the floor, the other with a fearsome beard, both in military camouflage. The bearded man points a gun at the van ordering, "Don't move, put your hands where I can see them."

Kim and Tara keep their hands in plain view as the bearded man swears under his breath. The tattooed man reaches down to the man on the floor and drags him to his feet, "Think you can run from us." He hisses, shoving back towards the bushes that he came from.

The bearded man keeps his gun trained on the van and simply says, "Dont move." In heavily accented spanish.

"But, I gotta pee." Kim whines, pitifully.

"Go ahead." the man says quietly.

"Eeeuwww. Gross. Please let me go in a bush. Pleeeeeease?" Kim pleads, trying to sound as pathetic as possible.

"Give me strength." he says tilting his head back, "Fine be quick. You have one minute, after that I kill one of your friends every thirty seconds."

"Thank you mister." Kim says, leaping from the van and darting into the bushes, leaving her sisters confused in the van.

The man stares at the girls in the van, gun held at ease in his grasp. "Keep your hands where-" the sharp blow to the temple robs him of the rest of the sentence.

Kim stands over him, dropping the rock from her right hand and bending to pick up the gun. She checks his pulse and nods. She looks up at the van, "Cord, please ladies."

Ali and Anya jump down from the van, with a back pack each, pulling cord from the bags. "Tie his hands and feet, please."

"What will you do?" Anya asks, warily wrapping a length of cord around the man's ankles.

"I am going to find the other two men. That guy is in trouble. I am not sure I could live with myself if I walk away." Kim says, staring at the spot that the men disappeared into the bushes.

"What about us?" Anya asks, securing the knot holding the man's wrists.

Kim offers her the gun, "Watch him. If he plays up, put one in his leg."

"I am not sure I could do that." Anya says, staring at the gun.

"That is why I want you to take the gun. Put a hole in him, don't kill him" Kim confesses, "I can trust you not to be trigger happy."

Tentatively Anya reaches out and takes the weapon, hefting it's weight.

Kim pulls two coils of cord from one of the back and says, "Wont be long."

Kim stalks through the woods, following the blatant trail in the moonlight, "This is stupid. I should be with the girls and we should be gone."Stand for those who cannot stand for themselves. On day it may come to pass that you cannot stand for yourself and someone you inspired, stands for you."

The wind blows soft through the trees, filling the night with the scent of eucalyptus. The silvery light from the moon casts an eerie glow over the forest and she briskly follows the trail, alert for signs of ambush or trap.

The trail opens out and she crouches behind a trees watching the men in the clearing.

"Nice try Joao. But you know how this ends." The tattooed man crows.

"We have been co-operating. Why now?" Joao says, wincing from his cracked ribs.

The tattooed man, lights a cigar, "Because the rules have changed. T.H.I.S. is going down and your people have dirt on us that could put a lot of us away for a long time."

"The kids back at the road, they are nothing to do with this. Let them go." Joao pleads, knowing his own life is already over.

Tattoo sighs, with a touch of sadness "They have seen our faces. Besides, I have afeeling that they are the girls, the boss is looking for." He retrieves a jerry can and begins pouring fuel over the man of the floor and whistling tunelessly.

"They are just kids man. They are no threat to you." Joao begs, before wincing in pain from the petrol splashed in his eyes.

The tattooed man, takes a deep lungful of smoke, causing the ember of his cigar to glow in the night, "Despite everything, I respect you. You are an honourable man Joao."

"Screw yourself." Joao spits blindly at him.

"May God have mercy on your soul." Tattoo says blowing on the ember of his cigar.

"Excuse me?" A small voice behind him whispers.

He turns surprised, "Who?"

Kim grasps the handle of the now empty jerry can, with both hands and hefts it in an arc. It connects with the tattooed mans jaw with a hollow ring that resounds through the forest.

Tattoo stands dazed, the forest spinning around him and his ears ringing, unable to co-ordinate his limbs enough to avoid Kim's follow up strikes.

"Weird." Tara says from behind the wheen of the camper.

"What is?" Anya says, frighten to take her eyes off of the man.

"Sounded like a clock struck midnight, but it is at least two in the morning." Tara says with a shrug.

"That is weird." Ali says walking up to the man on the floor. "He hasn't moved in a while. Do you think he is dead?" 

Anya chews her lip and examines him closely, "I don't think so, but I am not sure."

Kim crouches by the bound and petrol covered man, using a bottle of water to rinse the petrol out of the mans eyes. Occassionally she glances at the tattooed man, she has just hogtied. He is bleeding from a cut on his forehead, he is breathing, but he is not moving. Kim's nerves are wound tight, but the mans gun tucked in the back of her cargo pants helps her stay calm.

"Thank you." Joao says hoarsely.

"Don't thank me yet. I am still not sure who you are or what this is about." Kim says, with a word of caution.

"I understand." Joao says, with a nod, "Your spanish is good, where did you learn?"

"Be wary of misdirection when dealing with unfamiliar contacts. Keep on track. Manage the conversation." The book tells her.

"In a classroom." She says, cutting him off, "Who are you and who is he?"

Joao smiles to himself, knowing she has seen through him, "I am Detective Joao Rodriguez and he is a U.N. soldier. He calls himself Sutra."

"Why should I believe you?" Kim asks, conscious that she has left the girls for a while.

"My badge and Identification are in my inside jacket pocket." He says, blinking heavily due to the stinging in his eyes.

Kim quietly draws the knife and holds it an inch from his throat as she reaches into his jacket and searches his pockets. Slowly she withdraws the wallet and examines it's contents in the moonlight. She takes her time and then pulls a microfibre towel from her pocket and wipes her prints from the wallet, before slipping it back into his pocket.

"Alright detective. What is this about?" Kim asks trying to sound confident.

"This man works with a UN special section that operates a base near here. For a few months, we have had a deal with them. They assist us in border operations and we cover up any escapes and provide them with places to hide the bodies."' Joao explains, while Kim's stomach lurches, "By the sounds of it, his section is being shut down and they are looking to silence my colleagues with my death."

"What will happen to him?" Kim asks, considering executing him while he is unconscious.

"He and his partner, kidnapped a police officer and attempted to murder them in the woods. Regardless of any deals in place, he is going down." Joao confirms, before pausing, "What about Karma?"

"Huh?" Kim asks, confused.

"The guy with the beard. Where is he?" Joao asks, concerned.

"He is with my, errrr, associates." Kim says, trying to make herself sound like a professional, " Wait, Karma Sutra? What is that all about?"

"It is a joke of sorts, the Karma Sutra is a book on sexual positions from India." He says, thinking, "The build, the voice, not knowing what the Karma Sutra is. This is a child."

"I know that. Why call themselves Karma and Sutra?" Kim asks trying to cover her ignorance.

"Some kind of sick joke, implying that they know so many different ways to fuck you up." Joao explains, "It is kind of lame."

Ali approaches the man warily, trying to see if is wrists are still tied. For a guy his size, he moves like lightning, grabbing Ali's ankle and pulling her onto the floor.

Anya aims the gun with shaky hands, "Let her go." She orders, her voice cracking.

Karma wraps a massive hand around Ali's throat, pulling her in front of his body, "I will crush her like a bug, put the gun down."

"I know how to use this thing."' Anya warns, adjusting her grip on the gun.

Karma chuckles as he gets to his feet, holding Ali in front of him. "It is not your ability, love. The problem is you haven't got it in you."

Anya begins to panic inside, as he starts walking towards her, "I can't do it. I might hit Ali." She thinks. Lost in her thoughts, she barely feels him snatch the gun from her hand and slap her to the ground.

Karma drops Ali who crumples to the floor, clutching her throat. Tara leaps from the drivers door and throws her arms around his neck. He roars and slams his back against the side of the van. Tara slumps to the ground limp. limp.

He stalks forward approaching the dazed body of Ali, he grabs the cord that was used to tie his hands and feet and uses a length to tie her hands in front of her with brutal tightness. Karma drags her to her feet by the loose end of the cord binding her wrists, Ali struggles to get her feet under her as she is pulled roughly behind him, towards the rear of the campervan. Try as she might she cannot resist, when he tied the rope to the roof rack of the vehicle.

Tara's head lolls lazily as she is pulled to her feet and bound at the wrists and hung from the van's roof rack, next to Ali. Karma sees the backpack containing extra cord and bends down to retrieve a coil. At that moment, Anya is on her feet and running towards him, he hears the steps and turns to face her. Without hesitating she take the drop kick of a lifetime catching him hard between the legs.

Karma drops to the ground clutching himself and moaning in pain. Anya reaches for the knots holding Ali and fumbles with them trying to free her. She focuses utterly on freeing her sister, gasping in shock when she is grabbed from behind and forced to the ground.

"Fucking bitch."' He spits at her. He rolls her onto her stomach and forces her hands behind her back, using one massive hand to hold her wrists together painfully between her shoulder blades. His other hand takes the cord and wraps her wrists in place, tightly together and then tied the ends of the rope around her neck in a slip knot. He climbs off of her and grabs another coil of rope, then binds Anya's ankles tightly together. Standing over her he puts his foot on her back and pulls the ankle rope hard forcing her to bend her legs. He pulls the rope sharply and ties the end to the ropes around her wrists. "You like to kick, little girl. Kick out now and see what it gets you."

Angrily he grabs towels from the back pack and ties one tightly between the lips of each girl, examining the faces of each girl in turn. "I am guessing you little fucks are the escapees everyone is looking for. We have orders to take you back to the Eyrie and once I get the other little bitch, that's where we are going."

With that, he hefts Anya into the air and dumps her in the back of the camper, before snatching another few coils of cord and walking towards the bushes.

Ali and Tara scream and struggle to pull their hands free as they watch Anya's face slowly go deeper and deeper red.

Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Dear Wolfman this Chapter reads like a variation of out of the frying pan into the fire. That is so intense! Let us hope, that Kim saves the day!
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

High excitement, [mention]wolfman[/mention]. You keep adding new twists and turns. Kim can handle Karma but can she do it in time? Well done as always.
Spy Task Force Completed
wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

Kim freezes for a moment, feeling a chill through her body, "Something is wrong, I have to get back to the others, they are in trouble." She thinks, jumping up.

"I have to go."She says, distantly.

"What's wrong?" Joao asks, preparing to take Sutra back to the car they came in.

"I can't explain it. Will you be alright with him?" She asks, looking back at the trail to the campervan.

"Sure." Joao asks, shaking his head. "Say, kid. Who are you anyway?"

Kim thinks for a moment before answering, "I am Minh of the Mrenh Kongveal."

Joao nods, watching her walk away, "Now why doesn't that surprise me."

She pauses for a moment, "If you want to solve the high number of disappearances around here, look for an abandoned jetty with a ricket boat on the Ebro around five miles from here. Then head due east, you will find a large wood smoker at the base of a cliff, with a freshly buried body nearby. Look for a door, then look in the freezer and the storage room."

"Who the hell are you?" Joao asks, as if seeing her for the first time. 

"I am Minh, child of a murdered father, sister of the lost, the one who buried the body and she who does what must be done." Kim says, firmly, before running into the forest.

Kim picks her way through the undergrowth carefully, not wanting to take any chances. She pauses for a moment, listening to the sounds of the forest, not far from the campervan. "There it is again." She thinks, "Someone else is in these woods."

She takes cover behind a tree and keeps listening, "Maybe a little way up ahead. Slow moving, heavy step."

On instinct, Kim climbs the tree and waits, watching the trail. She draws the pistol and lets herself relax. Remembering the teachings of Angels book, "When looking for signs of trouble, relax your senses and let your pareidolia reflex take over. This reflex draws the eye to patterns that are out of place and have helped me avoid being ambushed more than once."

She smiles to herself, "Even when you are not here you are looking out for me. Thank you Angel."

Her eyes widen in fear, hearing the muffled screams of her sisters from the campervan. "No." She thinks horrified, "He must have escaped. I should have checked how he was tied up."

Her pace while still cautious, quickens. "If they are screaming, he is likely to be there. or nearby at least. I have to save them."

Kim crouches in the undergrowth at the side of the road, watching the scene for a moment. Ali and Tara hang from the roof of the campervan by their wrists, frantically struggling. Anya nowhere to be seen.

"Shit, I am going to have to go to them." Kim thinks, swallowing hard and knowing how bad an idea, this is.

She steps from cover and advances quickly to the side of the van, placing a gentle hand on Tara's side, "I am here."

Tara mumbles incoherently and looks into the rear of the vehicle with panicked eyes, drawing Kim's gaze. She stares at Anya, weakly struggling, her face a shade between crimson and purple, the whites of her eyes as red as her blood. Panicked, Kim reaches for the door handle and freezes at the sound of a voice behind her.

"Thought I would wait here, for you to come to me." Karma says, maliciously.

"How did you know?" Kim says turning slowly. Her face drops with dismay at the man only ten feet away from her, with a gun trained on her. 

"Sutra stopped whistling, guessed you got the drop on him." He says, aiming the gun at Kim's chest.

"He took more hits than you." Kim says, slowly moving away from the van, "Must make him more of a man I guess."

"Nice try kid, but I will admit, you got me good." Karma says, shrugging of the taunt.

"Thank you." She says, taking a bow.

"But that was when I didn't know you were there and now I have you at gunpoint." He says, "This will be different."

"Please take the rope off of Anya's neck, she is dying." Kim begs, pleading. Where before there was deception in her heart, now she feels only desperation.

"That depends on you." Karma says, coldly, "Toss the gun, then kneel on the ground with your hands behind your head."

Kim gazes at Anya and Tara and can almost feel the fear and pain radiating from them and Ali. "He has me cold, Anya is dying and Ali and Tara are terrified. But if I give up, we are all dead." She slowly pulls the weapon free from the waistband of her trousers and throws it at his feet.

Karma smiles, taking a step forward and stoops to pick up the weapon taking his eyes off of Kim for a single moment, in that moment, Kim stops thinking and simply acts.

What she lacks in brute strength and mass, she makes up for with speed. Kim sweeps her left hand down, bringing her right leg up and in a fluid motion snaps a devastating cartwheel kick. She squarely plants her shin on the back of his head sending him sprawling to the ground.

She drops down, arms by her side, with both hands on the ground, she lifts her behind off of the ground. She swings her legs around, spinning on the spot, legs flailing, like a frenzied breakdancer, twirling one the spot with her legs in constant motion. Sweeping away the guns, catching Karma with a series of swift one-two of kicks to the head.

He is too dazed to see Kim roll backwards and then somersault over his body, landing squarely on the backs of his ankles, with a snap. Without hesitation she backflips and twists in mid air, landing with a crack on his right shoulder and the back of his right elbow, then somersaults left to do the same to the other side.

His blood curdling howl of pain, fills the forest, scaring nesting birds into flight. 

"For your own good, stay down." Kim says coldly, stepping off of him and pulling out her knife. Tara and Ali can only watch as she runs over to them and slashes the rope holding Tara wrists about her head. She gently guides her wrists down and cuts them free. 

Kim blinks, then looks in Tara's eyes, "Can you free Ali and then get us out of here?" Tara pulls the towel out of her mouth and simply nods, slack jawed in awe.

Kim gives her a wink and then climbs into the back of the campervan, trying not to think about what she just did, or what she may have to do now. She kneels next to Anya, hacking through the rope connecting her wrists to her neck pulling it away, then cutting her wrists free.

She sets the knife aside and then with gentle care, turns Anya onto her back. Anya's blood red eyes stare at the ceiling and angry red marks from the rope encircle her neck. "Please don't be dead." She thinks, her heart thinking, as she checks her pulse.

Kim places her left palm on Anya's breast bone and places her right palm on the back of her left hand and then locks her arms and begins rocking backward and forwards compressing her sisters chest. 

Kim's closes her eyes, thinking, "I have never done this before, I have no idea if I am doing this right. I just hope I read the book right." But still she rocks back and forth. Pausing every thirty seconds to arch her sisters neck, pinch her nose and give her three shallow breaths.

She doesn't register that Ali and Tara are in the van, hugging each other and willing her to bring Anya back.

"Come on Anya, don't quit on us now." She thinks gritting her teeth and redoubling her efforts. She feels a pop, from Anya's chest and knows she has just broken one of her sister's ribs, "I am so sorry babe." She whispers, panting with exertion.

The world around her falls away and it is just her and Anya, in a battle to drag her sister back from the brink.

Her arms ache and he muscles burn, but she cannot bring herself to stop, she cannot give up. Sweat soaks her body and tears stream freely from her eyes. The longer she rocks, the harder she cries, but still she persists.

Kim's arms cannot take the strain any more and she unclasps her hands and begins weakly beating on Anya's chest with her fists. 

Tara takes Ali's hand and gently squeezes it. When Ali looks up at her, Tara looks her in the eye and shakily says, "Kim needs us to step up. Are you with me?."

Ali straightens herself up and nods, wiping her eyes.

Kim jumps with a start, feeling Tara's hand on her shoulder, "Rest, we will take over." Tara says, giving her shoulder a reassuring squeeze.

A wave of relief washes over Kim and she moves aside, letting Tara take over chest compressions.

"Ali, when I say, can you give Anya three soft breaths?" Tara asks, as she begins applying compressions.

Ali gets in position and awaits the signal. 

Tara is willing, but not as fit as Kim and cannot perform for long but, it is enough to give Kim a break so she can take over and relieve Tara.

"We have been trying for ten minutes. I know we are close, we just have to keep trying." Ali thinks, as she gives assistance with breathing.

Tara leans back panting, letting Kim take a turn. "Come on Anya, come back to us."

Kim fights as hard as she can, knowing in her heart that if she had to she would do this for a hundred years, if it would bring Anya back.

Anya screams back to life and sits up, panting heavily. "Fuck. I am alive." She whimpers hoarsely and begins to cry and tucks herself into Kim's shoulder, unable to speak.

Kim hugs her like both their lives depend on it. She feels the arms of Tara and Ali wrap around them both. As they embrace, they feel something they cannot name pass between them. Each feels the strength of the others, purging them of doubt and fear.

Embracing the strength her sisters give her, Kim extricates herself from the embrace and climbs into the drivers seat. 

Kim looks in the rear view mirror and knows in her heart, that she would give her life to save any of them. She starts the campervan and pulls away, knowing she has to get them to safety.

"Thank God the roads are quiet." Kim thinks, guiding the campervan around the outskirts of Santander. 

She glances in the rearview mirror and smiles at her sisters sleeping in a huddle together, "Soon we will be safe."

In silence she drives, remembering bringing Anya back, defeating Karma and Sutra, rescuing her sisters from Salvaje and from the men who would have killed them, but mostly she remembers the pain of watching the men kill her father and her uncle and the fear of never seeing Sasha again.

"I need some air." She thinks reaching for the window handle, she pulls hard and manages to free it, then winds it down allowing the cool night air into the vehicles cabin.

She takes a deep breath, revelling in the touch of the cool air on her face and smiles, "Tara loosened it for me." 

The wind ruffles her hair and cools her brow, "I cannot wait to have a shower, wash today out of my hair." Images from the day race through her mind and just as she feels tears forming in her eyes, Anya sighs softly from the back seat. Kim checks the rear view mirror, seeing her exhausted and filthy sisters and her mind clears again.

For the first time in a long time, she feels no trace of fear, only peace. "We are going to be ok."

She allows herself to relax, just a little and starts to enjoy the moonlight bay and the surrounding area. The road winds and gently curves taking in the sweep of the city, as she drives into the western quarter of Santander. She admires the beautiful architecture of the city as it glides by. 

Following the directions from the book, the vehicle glides like a wraith through the city, evading every traffic and cctv camera, until she pulls into a non-descript underground carpark, near to the harbour and sits for a moment. Trying to calm her nerves, she remembers the breathing technique Tara taught them and begins to count as she breathes. 

"I am ready. Time to get the girls inside." She drives to the lowest level of the abandoned car park, pulling into a space in the darkest corner. She quietly opens the door, stepping into the poorly lit car park.

She begind searching the wall, inch by inch with her finger tips. "God please let this be the place." Slowly, carefully, methodically she searches the wall until a stone clicks softly under her touch. She feels it slide to one side and sees the dimly lit keypad in the dense darkness, like a beacon.

With shaking fingers she enters the ten digit code and prays. She feels the ground rumble below her feet, as the concealed hydraulics of the platform engage and lower her and the campervan.

Tara wakes with a start feeling the low rumble, disoriented in the dark she cries out, "Kim?", waking the others. 

Kim climbs into the drivers seat and turns to face her sisters, "We've made it."

The platform clanks to a halt and security lighting activates, illuminating the cavernous space under the city, almost a fifty metres square with high ceilings the abandoned bunker has new life as a refuge. Off of the main cavern, several rooms are hewn into the rock on their left, while containers and objects under tarpaulin flank their right

Kim drives the vehicle off of the platform, allowing it to return to the surface.

"We are safe." Kim says parking, then climbing into the rear of the vehicle, to embrace her sisters.

GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

The girls, Kim especially, have the right stuff. What a job she did on Karma. No sorry feelings for him. When they all get up to speed, they will be one formidable team.
Spy Task Force Completed
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

> For the first time in a long time, she feels no trace of fear, only peace. "We are going to be ok."

Yeah!! Another great addition to this story. A statement like above is always a good sign. Thanks [mention]wolfman[/mention] for creating this twisting and turning tale.

wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

Detective Rodriguez eases the T.H.I.S. pick up truck to a halt, on the spot where he was hit by Minh's campervan and exhales slowly seeing the body on the ground. He takes a torch from the glove box and cracks the drivers door open.

"Still cannot believe, I am still alive." He thinks, rubbing his hand over his close cut black hair. Idly he checks the man hogtied on the flatbed is still secure and then walks over to the man laying on the floor.

He crouches by the mans side and rolls him onto his back, promting a hiss of agony from the man. Joao looks the man up and down and takes stock of his injuries. "Well this is Karma, or at least what is left of him. The other three girls at the van were too scared looking to do this. It must have been Minh."

Joao pulls out his phone and dials, rubbing the stubble of his jaw. "Despatch, what is your emergency?" The woman on the line answers in Spanish.

"This is Detective Joao Rodriguez, badge seven six two requesting immediate assistance to my location." He says with authority.

The woman on the line, seems to stiffen and an extra layer of urgency creeps into her voice, "What is your emergency, Detective?"

"I require an ambulance, forensics, and a prisoner pick up at this location." The Detective says, already dreading the report he will have to write for this.

"Are you injured Detective?" The despatcher asks, with concern in her voice.

"Minor abrasions and I think a couple of cracked ribs." He says, rubbing his side with a wince.

"What is your situation?" The despatcher asks, with the sound of typing in the background.

"Two men in custody. Corporal Matt Savage AKA Karma and Corporal Dean King AKA Sutra. Charge kidnapping, assaulting a police officer, multiple counts of assaulting a minor, conspiracy to murder a police officer." Joao says, explaining the charges slowly as he tries to think of more.

"Glad you are alright detective." The despatcher says, pausing as she types, "We have your location, and have despatched units. ETA seven minutes for police and twelve minutes for medical assistance.

"There is one more thing. Might be a wild goose chase." The detective begins before giving the directions that Minh gave regarding the disappearances in the area.

Dani and Nikita quietly enter the side room and smile at Sasha, mouthing "Hello."

Sasha sits up in bed, her face slightly red and gleaming with a thin sheen of sweat, she beams at her sisters, "Hi." She whispers, then looks down at her baby, with nothing but love.

Nikita hugs Sasha gently and kisses her on the cheek, "How are you doing?"

"Sore and knackered." Sasha says, kissing Nikita on the cheek.

Nikita has a furtive look around and gives Sasha a small wrapped box, "Little present for you."

Sasha smiles at Nikita, "Thank you. You really shouldn't have." She says, gently unwrapping the gift.

"It's from Dani and I. We thought you might like it." Nikita confesses.

Sasha pulls the last of the paper off and opens the plastic container. The smell of fresh bread, bacon and mushroom fills the room. "Thank you so much guys." She says, taking half of the sandwich out of the container and taking taking a massive bite.

As Sasha eats, Dani stands staring down at the beautiful, perfect little boy in the incubator next to Sasha, seeing him for the first time. She gingerly beds down next to the perspex and whispers, "Hello little one. Been waiting for a while to meet you. I am your Auntie Dani." She gasps as the boy opens his eyes and looks up at her. Dani's heart melts and she is lost in those beautiful blue eyes.

She coos gently as he starts crying, "Hey, no tears little one." She wishes that the incubator was not there, so she could give the little one a hug. Her heart breaks hearing him cry and she presses her hand to the perspex and begins to sing,

"When you're weary,
Feeling small,
When tears are in your eyes,
I will will dry them all,
I'm on your side,
Oh when times get rough.............."

Sasha and Nikita watch slack jawed at the haunting melodious voice of their sister. The slowly turn to each other with equal looks of bemusement, whilst Sasha's baby stares in rapt fascination. No one makes a sound until she finishes the last note of the song.

"Dani?" Someone asks, "Dani?" She turns to Sasha, tearing her eyes away from her nephew. "Are you alright, babe?"

"Oh Sasha, he is so beautiful." Dani says, biting her lip.

"Since when do you sing like that?" Nikita asks, wiping her eyes.

"Like what?" Dani says blushing.

"So not only can you turn into an angel, you sing like one too?" Nikita says, with a chuckle.

"Stop teasing." Sasha says, turning to Dani, "It was beautiful."

"No, he is beautiful. That was just me singing." Dani says trying to deflect attention.

Sasha gazes down at him, with a tinge of sadness, "He is perfect. I wish Kurt and Kim were here to see him."

"We are still trying to find the people responsible and get her back." Dani assures her, "We are doing everything we can to-"

Sasha gently cuts her off, "Hey, steady on. I know everyone is doing what they can. I just wish I could help. Do you have anything yet?"

"Nothing concrete. We think the Eyrie is in Northern Spain and we are flying out once Jim has had a rest to Barcellona." Dani explains, "We will set up in the Nirvana resort and continue searching."

Sasha looks down at her son and her heart sinks, "I'm sorry. I can't go with you guys. I need to stay here for him."

"I am not going, either." Nikita says, unable to look Dani in the eyes.

Dani does a double take, "What? Why not?" She asks, not in anger but disbelief.

"I am going to stay, incase I am needed here." Nikita confesses, knowing in her heart this is the right decision.

Dani opens her mouth to beg her to come with them, but then she sees the pain and pleading in Sasha's eyes and understands "All I can do is kill. Sasha doesn't need a killer. She needs a healer." She thinks, nodding before looking across at Nikita, "She needs this too. She needs to help bring life into the world for a change. They need to know, I am with them."

"Thank you Niki. I have been trying to work out how to ask, without upsetting you." Dani says, with a sigh of relief.

"Really, I thought you would be begging me to go with you." Nikita says, surprised. 

"Truth is, I would love you to come, but we have already got Fey, Carl, Jim and I going. If something goes down here while we are gone, you will be needed here." Dani says, realising the truth in her words, as she says them aloud. 

"Thanks babe. What about Black and Church?" Nikita asks, curiously.

"They are coming with us." Dani confirms.

"Who is Black?" Sasha asks, confused.

"Ah sorry, Church's boss in the DEA. His daughter Anya is the spitting image of Kim and she has been missing for about three months." Dani explains, "Jim has done a full background check and he checks out, seems to be a good guy."

"I need you to promise me something Dani." Sasha says, more serious than she ever has been before.

"Name it." Dani says, without hesitation.

"Find Kim and punish those responsible." Sasha says, firmly.

"That promise was made, the moment they took her." Dani says, grimly.

Carl sits up sharply, hearing a rapid banging outside. He makes eye contact across Nikita's living room with fey who nods and leaves the room. He rises smoothly to his feet and nods to Black and Church who draw handguns and take up positions to cover him.

Carl walks to the front door and opens it, stepping out. He looks over the waist high fence, to see a wild eyed man, dressed in clothes covered in dried blood. He appraises the man reading his pattern, "The blood is not his. He is in pain, he has lost someone. There is a sense of desperation about him. Age early forties maybe. Bearing indicates some military training, he can handle himself. He is a tough guy, but something has happened to break his spirit."

"Can I help you mate?" Carl asks, gently.

The man stares at him for a moment, "Please, I need to see Sasha Smith." He says with a slight Norfolk accent.

"She isnt available." Carl says in a calming tone, "Can I help you?"

"Please it is vital I see her." The man pleads.

"She is in hospital, she gave birth last night. I am her brother. What do you need friend?" Carl says, adding a touch of warmth to his voice.

The man breaks down and collapses to his knees, putting his head in his hands. "Please. Help me."' He weeps.

Carl hops over the fence and helps the man to his feet, "Come on mate, let's get you inside."

Carl sits the man on Nikita's sofa and pours him a brandy. "Talk to me fella. What's going on?"

"My baby girl." He says, taking a gulp of the smooth liquer, "Soldiers took her. The metal man tried to stop them but they killed him and took him too. He told me Sasha Smith could protect her." He reaches into his jacket pocket, pulling a photo from his wallet and showing it to Carl.

Carl's head is spinning, "Oh boy." He thinks, picking up a photo of Kim from the mantlepiece and showing it to him.

The man takes the photo and nods confused, "She looks like my Ali, maybe a little more slender, but that is what she looks like. How?"

"That is Sasha's step daughter. She was taken last night." Carl says, watching for the mans reaction. 

"My daughter was taken last night too. Just after six they lead with two predator attack drones, but a guy calling himself Charon shot them down. He told us to find Sasha and then the ground troops swept in. I took a couple and he took a bunch but they cut him down with a heavy machine gun. They were fast and well trained. Took my daughter and Charon and left me with my wife. Our son is in critical condition." He sits quietly for a moment, sipping the brandy, "Damn. I was hoping she could help me find her."

"The daughter of the gentleman behind me, was taken a few months ago, probably by the same people. We have a lead and we will be flying to Northern Spain to try and find them in the morning." Carl says, trying to reassure him.

"I am coming too." The man says, with a sense of calm, he hasn't shown before.

"I had a feeling you might say that. Can you use a gun?" Carl asks, suspecting the answer.

"Sergeant Alex Mitchum, reporting for duty. I was in the Territorial Army reserves, for ten years, did two tours in the Gulf and three tours Afghanistan." He confirms, straightening himself up, "She is my baby girl. I will do anything to save her."

"Good to meet you Alex." Carl says with a nod, "That's Moses behind me. I'm Carl. The lady by the door is Nat." He smiles, "The lady sat next to you is Fey, my sister."

Alex turns with a start seeing Fey for the first time, "Where did you come from?"

"Cambodia, but that isn't important right now." Fey says calmly, "All that matters is that there are girls depending on us to rescue them."

Alex nods, grimly  then turns back to Carl "Can you protect my family? My son was badly hurt he is in hospital in Norwich my wife is with him."

Carl nods and types out a message. Alex watches nervously for a reply. Less than five minutes later the response comes. Carl reads it to himself and nods, before reading it aloud. "Military record verified. The man's a war hero. We have confirmed location and condition of his son and are sending a medivac team to extract him and his mother to the clinic at the academy. See you before you go son."

Alex holds up his hands, "Whoa, we are barely making ends meet as it is and the drone has destroyed my workshop. We can't afford Nirvana's prices."

"Don't worry, you are covered." Carl says, before continuing, "We will be wheels up about six AM. Why don't you get cleaned up, have a bite to eat and we will get over to the clinic for your families arrival. We get you and your wife a suite until he is ok."

"I don't know what to say." Alex says, taken aback, "Thank you. I don't know how I will ever repay you, but I will find a way."

"Don't sweat it. Family is important to us." Carl says, with a wink.

GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

[mention]wolfman[/mention], you have so much going on in this chapter that it boggles the mind. Mine at least. The aftermath of Kim's last actions in Spain are proceeding satisfactorily. Good action there.

As for Dani, Nikita and Sasha back at home base, beautifully written. Then only thing that I could hope for that you haven't provided is an audio file of Dani singing.

Then you give us more by adding Sgt. Alex Mitchum to the mix. Thank you for your efforts.
Spy Task Force Completed
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic