Counting the cost?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
honourthechapter1775

Counting the cost?

Post by honourthechapter1775 »

How much do you reckon you have ever spent on bondage .materials i.e. Rope, tape that sort of thing in the whole time you've been into bondage. What is the most expensive or weird item you have brought for it?

I couldn't tell you myself how much my collection has currently come to because I have honestly lost count myself. Doubtless to say I'll probably get a few more things in the future...
Straitjacketed
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Straitjacketed »

A leather straitjacket from Fetters UK, which cost me around £700 over 20 years ago!

If M/M overkill bondage in stupidly excessive amounts of gear is your thing as well as mine, here's a list of my TUG stories.
Nexus
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nexus »

I recently had to throw out the majority of my materials. Now in the restocking phase. Between my old supply and my new supply I have to be somewhere over $500 but maybe below $1000. The amount of money I’ve spent on hotel rooms for TUG play is probably around $2000.
McMurdoPI
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by McMurdoPI »

1kg of hemp or jute rope runs about $30-40 shipped and it is enough for four-five hanks of 6 or 8mm rope. I like to dye my rope by dye is cheap, 1lb is 25-30 us dollars from the supplier and it will be more than you know what to do with.

Electrians tape is expensive, about 7-9 bucks for 66 foot roll (the wide duct tape sized stuff).

Making cloth gags from spare material/old sheets can be free.

So it does not need to be expensive. My rope was pricy, but the time I spent dyeing/washing/oiling my rope was probably the largest expenditure.
Hello everyone! 32, m, Michigan, always willing to chat and help new folks get oriented.
illest
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by illest »

Up until recently I was using mostly household items so I wasn't really going out and buying much other than the occasional roll of tape/etc. Crazy enough by the time I actually realized I could order things from Amazon or other retailers without people knowing my wife had moved in. So recently I've been ordering stuff that's been for her but actually for me also when she's at work/away for a couple of days. Or stuff for me but in a secret compartment. Let's just say if I had thought about ordering my "fun" stuff from Amazon years earlier my wardrobe would be considerably more interesting.
Svpmissive
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Svpmissive »

Most expensive item was probably our chineseum leather straight jacket. However who really cares as it definitely payed for it's self 3x over.
Either wishing to be tied up or currently tied up.
ExcessivelyCurious
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by ExcessivelyCurious »

I've bought a few items, but nothing too extravagant - a ball gag, some nicer rope, etc. Probably goes into the hundreds if you add it all up, but not too much.

I'll definitely buy something big at some point in my life though. Probably when I have a permanent place and a lot more disposable income. Maybe some nice leather stuff, or an "installation" like a swing or a proper stable suspension point.
MtnReign
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by MtnReign »

Somewhere in the range of $400 so far, but I've picked out a few more things from a few sites that adds up to another 400 or so. Stockroom and Extreme Restaints have some affordable but still durable items, most have lasted several years at this point.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic