What Would You Bring On An Airplane?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
Solarbeast

What Would You Bring On An Airplane?

Post by Solarbeast »

In a few weeks, I am going to get on an airplane and go to vacation/ back home for a couple of weeks with family and I'm thinking about bringing a few of my bondage items in my luggage. The only problem is I cannot decide what I want to bring. The first week, I will probably be in a room with other people/ curious Family members and will have almost no personal space, but that changes the second week where I will be back home in my own room for a few days to a week. I was originally thinking about bringing one of my favorite dog collars, as I have two of the same ones, one of my pairs of handcuffs/ but they are my favorite pair, and suction cup cuffs/ and they are my only pair. I could also bring scarves and cocoon pantyhose body bag things, but in both circumstances, I am worried that my bag will be checked by either TSA or my family and they will discover my secret. I am more worried about family seeing what I have packed than TSA though.

So my question is, What would you pack in your luggage for a similar trip, and how would you pack it in your luggage? As well as, do you have any ideas or suggestions for me to test out?
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

TSA checks carry on baggage, and randomly checks checked baggage. Duct tape, rope, toy and real handcuffs, bandanas, and handkerchiefs will be available where you are going, so the rule of thumb, is that you don't check or carry on, anything that might be embarrassing. (ball gags, leather masks, leather shorts or dresses, T-shirts that read "I love bondage," etc.

When you are ready to come home, mail or ship your "equipment."

You have to use your best judgement.

Drawscore
boundsub
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by boundsub »

Agree with Drawscore, especially in this era of vigilance for potential terrorism. It might be best to leave more of the obvious things at home. Scarves and pantyhose won't really register since they're everyday items but handcuffs and dog collars def will.

I've always wondered how those who go to kink events fly since the TSA will most likely check bags with bondage equipment and materials and suspicious bottles/ containers of "liquid." I heard a story though of a guy flying to a meet a friend across the country and the TSA agent checked his carry on after seeing his supplies through the x-ray machine and pulled him out of line for a bag check. When she held up a pair of leather cuffs and asked what they were he told her: "Everyone's a bit kinky and has their thing." She didn't ask anymore questions and let him continue to the gate :lol:

I think some TSA agents are aware of traveling kinksters but I don't think a lot are aware and will think you're plotting an attack if you have rope, duct tape, etc... in your luggage. You can always buy those things at your destination anyway. ;)
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

Unless you seriously plan on having bondage sessions where you are going, i'd advise you to leave all that stuff at home and simply purchase whatever you need at your destination... then either toss out the new stuff or mail that stuff to your home address again the day you return. When it comes to the TSA or Customs in general, being embarrassed would be the least of your worries. These days even everyday items like bottles of water over a certain size are confiscated; bondage supplies could get you mistaken for a terrorist and arrested!!! :shock: Don't take any chances. It's not worth it.
Agh. I guess boundsub and I were on the same wavelength. I'd begun my post before his appeared, though I saw Drawscore's.
fungirlkatie
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by fungirlkatie »

I guess women would have a big advantage in this situation, scarves, tights and knee length socks make some great tying materials and no one is going to question why we might have them.
Still here, still really like using scarves for bondage
DallasNotAustin
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by DallasNotAustin »

I’d strongly advise against doing it because all of it will show up on their X-Rays and such. I’ve been frisked for carrying a GameCube memory card (it’s not nice) and it is something that doesn’t serve another use like handcuffs or rope. Either only bring things like scarves, socks, and tights. Or don’t bring anything and buy it all there. It’s a really bad idea if you get stopped and they WILL open your bag and take everything out (I’ve had it happen to me again with the memory card). Even if you get stopped for a bottle of shampoo or anything, they’ll take everything out. It’s not worth it at all my guy. Those guys don’t mess around! Happy travels!
Your local catboy maid & sock enthusiast.

If you're reading this, you can do me a huge favor and have a great day!
MaxRoper
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by MaxRoper »

My plan is to stay out of airports and airplanes. The whole scene is dehumanizing and fraught. Unfortunately this won't work for many, but I haven't been on a plane for ten years and hope to never again see the inside of one.
Plueschbabycd
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Plueschbabycd »

I would only pack what is what is not obvious. My luck is also Sleepmask and earplugs are normal banket I have found in many hotels. On other sied if holydays intertsing than need only table pencils, note pad that get hotelroom. For playing I have no interest.
Solarbeast

Post by Solarbeast »

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. The interesting thing about the TSA is if you look on the TSA website and look at the section what can I bring, and look at the miscellaneous section, they say that you can bring handcuffs in both your carry on and in your checked bag. This does not mean I will be bringing my handcuffs or not. Also apparently, shock collars are allowed in both bags as well. Also they say Toys (Adult) are allowed in both bags as well. This also may not change my decision for what I will bring, but this may inform some of you for future trips.
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

Solarbeast wrote: 6 years ago Thanks for the suggestions everyone. The interesting thing about the TSA is if you look on the TSA website and look at the section what can I bring, and look at the miscellaneous section, they say that you can bring handcuffs in both your carry on and in your checked bag. This does not mean I will be bringing my handcuffs or not. Also apparently, shock collars are allowed in both bags as well. Also they say Toys (Adult) are allowed in both bags as well. This also may not change my decision for what I will bring, but this may inform some of you for future trips.
I have only response to that one. :mrgreen:
DallasNotAustin
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by DallasNotAustin »

Solarbeast wrote: 6 years ago Thanks for the suggestions everyone. The interesting thing about the TSA is if you look on the TSA website and look at the section what can I bring, and look at the miscellaneous section, they say that you can bring handcuffs in both your carry on and in your checked bag. This does not mean I will be bringing my handcuffs or not. Also apparently, shock collars are allowed in both bags as well. Also they say Toys (Adult) are allowed in both bags as well. This also may not change my decision for what I will bring, but this may inform some of you for future trips.
I understand that they say that but just because they’re allowed doesn’t mean that they won’t inspect them. The “allowed” portion means that yes you are allowed to carry them on with you, but it does not say that they will not check them and pull them out. It is more likely (assuming you don’t put them in a checked bag) that they will pull it out and inspect it. I’d still advise against it
Your local catboy maid & sock enthusiast.

If you're reading this, you can do me a huge favor and have a great day!
Solarbeast

Post by Solarbeast »

DallasNotAustin wrote: 6 years ago
I understand that they say that but just because they’re allowed doesn’t mean that they won’t inspect them. The “allowed” portion means that yes you are allowed to carry them on with you, but it does not say that they will not check them and pull them out. It is more likely (assuming you don’t put them in a checked bag) that they will pull it out and inspect it. I’d still advise against it
I see where your coming, and I’m still up in the air on what I’m going to end up doing, but I was never going to put the items in my carry-on. The idea from the start was to put them in my checked bag/luggage.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic