Cling film / Saran wrap v Pallet wrap

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
wannabetiedup
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Cling film / Saran wrap v Pallet wrap

Post by wannabetiedup »

I'm look for advice based on personal experience if possible. I've been mummified ankles to shoulders in cling film before. Over time it seemed to lose its tightness as I sweated with eventually led to being able to move arms and hands from initially fixed position. I know a few layers of duct tape over this remedies that but I'm looking to avoid using it (cost and disposal issues!)

I've seen industrial style pallet shrink wrap and I would imagine it is thicker and stronger than cling film and also seems to be cheaper. Does it also suffer from the same problems mentioned above where movement becomes increasingly possible?
I love all things bondage. Always up for a chat
sami200456boyfriend
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by sami200456boyfriend »

I always assume saran wrap is tighter
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

wannabetiedup wrote: 2 years ago I've seen industrial style pallet shrink wrap and I would imagine it is thicker and stronger than cling film and also seems to be cheaper.
Industrial pallet wrap is definitely a lot cheaper than its non-industrial, kitchen wrap counterparts.
You'll be paying more for the roll, but you'll be getting a LOT more for your money: quality-wise as well as quantity-wise.

As for the thickness and strength of it, it's not even comparable.
It would be similar to comparing masking tape vs gorilla tape. Both are tapes, but the similarities stop there.

More importantly though, one of the reasons why the cling film you've been using loses its efficacity as you sweat is most likely due to the incorrect way you're being wrapped up. Whether you're using cling film or industrial pallet wrap, all four of your limbs (as well as your torso) should be individually wrapped before the mummy position is assumed and your captor proceeds to mummifying you.

Basically, you'll want to stand with all your limbs spread out, and have each of them individually wrapped before finally standing with your legs together and arms at your sides for the actual mummifying.

Hope this helps.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

wannabetiedup
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by wannabetiedup »

bondagefreak wrote: 2 years ago
wannabetiedup wrote: 2 years ago I've seen industrial style pallet shrink wrap and I would imagine it is thicker and stronger than cling film and also seems to be cheaper.
Industrial pallet wrap is definitely a lot cheaper than its non-industrial, kitchen wrap counterparts.
You'll be paying more for the roll, but you'll be getting a LOT more for your money: quality-wise as well as quantity-wise.

As for the thickness and strength of it, it's not even comparable.
It would be similar to comparing masking tape vs gorilla tape. Both are tapes, but the similarities stop there.

More importantly though, one of the reasons why the cling film you've been using loses its efficacity as you sweat is most likely due to the incorrect way you're being wrapped up. Whether you're using cling film or industrial pallet wrap, all four of your limbs (as well as your torso) should be individually wrapped before the mummy position is assumed and your captor proceeds to mummifying you.

Basically, you'll want to stand with all your limbs spread out, and have each of them individually wrapped before finally standing with your legs together and arms at your sides for the actual mummifying.

Hope this helps.
Thank you. That's great information, and makes complete sense now you've mentioned it - protect the actual mummification layer from sweat!
I've also taken from that, that pallet wrap is the much preferred option too! Thank you again for the help
I love all things bondage. Always up for a chat
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic