Do certain restraints look better on different 'types'

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
YourCaptor75
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Do certain restraints look better on different 'types'

Post by YourCaptor75 »

Tl;dr do you believe certain bondage materials, rope tape, bdsm gear, vet wrap etc. suits a particular type/body type?

Been talking to a lovely lass, who I have seen tied in rope. It looks great, and rope is usually far and away my favorite material for restraining. But as we discussed how I might tie her, the first thing that popped into my head was "Duct tape. Lots of it. Hogtie."

That struck me as odd, because 1) I tend to use tape mostly to finish off a gag (as in my pfp) and 2) this would be my FIRST time tying her. Why would my mind go in a different direction?

I began thinkin about her personality, and body type. She has this graceful, slim figure, and very nice hind-quarters, shall we say. What I discovered was that, without even really thinking about it, I had devised a tie that covered most of her with tape, except the features I wanted to highlight.

I thought more about tape, and specifically mummification. For obvious reasons, it seems like the sub has disappeared. If their head is left exposed, this can accent their muffled protests, or mock-angry expressions. Thinking further, I realized you don't very often see shredded dudes mummified. I think I know the reason.

When thinking about other ways to tie her, the first thing that came to mind was rope applied around her 'hind-quarters.' That's when it hit me.

At LEAST to me, rope tends to draw attention TO an area, while tape tends to draw attention away. (Someone totally mummified, including their head, likely ENJOYS this sensation of feeling non-descript, with no real ability to express or gesture.) Contrast that with a chest harness around a womans breasts, or a muscular man's pectorals. Look at shibari style rope harnesses; it's like a Jackson Polock painting, your attention is diverted everywhere at once, lol.

So I believe that certain features that the dom wants to highlight may call for certain restraints. Rope if you can restrain what you want to highlight, tape near the highlighted area if you can't.

Not a huge fan of most leather/bdsm type stuff, but stuff like handcuffs have always struck me as befitting of "badboy" types.

Any thoughts? Any instances where you think a certain person needs to be tied a specific way?

Looking forward to some of the perspectives on the forum
DeeperThanRed
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by DeeperThanRed »

I've never given much thought about this but you're on to something.

It's true that I'd want to keep the bondage light when I'm writing about a man with a great body. Or I'd be less inclined to blindfold someone if they have pretty eyes etc.

Also, I normally dislike cleave gags and ball gags but they look pretty good on guys with beards or stubble since they accentuate the facial hair.
25-year-old bondage enthusiast who likes cute guys, underwear, and bondage, preferably together.

You can reach my list of written work here: https://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38808#p38808
YourCaptor75
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by YourCaptor75 »

DeeperThanRed wrote: 4 years ago I've never given much thought about this but you're on to something.

It's true that I'd want to keep the bondage light when I'm writing about a man with a great body. Or I'd be less inclined to blindfold someone if they have pretty eyes etc.

Also, I normally dislike cleave gags and ball gags but they look pretty good on guys with beards or stubble since they accentuate the facial hair.
Oh, excellent point! It was brought up in one of LK's recentish art pieces, where he used a model as a ....model for a lad tied up in a trunk. The pic used for inspiration showed off these INCREDIBLE full lips, that I just wanted to poke, lol. LK was torn with the impossible decision between showing of those lips with a cleavegag, or going with something more secure.

Now here is another question, since you opened the can of worms labeled "gags". Would a flashy gag, like a ball gag focus attention to the face, even if there is intricate ropework, say accenting the chest of a muscular guy?

I also find that blindfolds can really enhance the overall tie, especially if the person is not gagged. Perhaps that specific amount of the face shown is just appealing. That's NOT to say you SHOULDN'T gag a blindfolded person, just that the blindfold at that point will be pretty minor, unless it is actively used to tease or torment someone.
DeeperThanRed
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by DeeperThanRed »

YourCaptor75 wrote: 4 years agoNow here is another question, since you opened the can of worms labeled "gags". Would a flashy gag, like a ball gag focus attention to the face, even if there is intricate ropework, say accenting the chest of a muscular guy?
I find capturedguys's "Before and After" series are quite useful at comparing how gags change the way men look:
before_and_after_shane_by_capturedguy_d608uc2-fullview.jpg
Indeed, my eyes go to his lips even if the chest is accentuated with the (admittedly not very intricate) rope harness. Ball gags are very good at emphasizing how helpless the captive is when gags that cover lips contort the face less and allow eyes to shine more and look better with a wider selection of emotions.

To oversimplify, I think ball gags suit "rougher" guys better, when eyes aren't focused on the face as much as "pretty boy" types.
I also find that blindfolds can really enhance the overall tie, especially if the person is not gagged. Perhaps that specific amount of the face shown is just appealing. That's NOT to say you SHOULDN'T gag a blindfolded person, just that the blindfold at that point will be pretty minor, unless it is actively used to tease or torment someone.
I find blindfolds more effective at scaring already submissive or docile people further. Gags seem more useful at... frustrating?

When I see a cocky or confident man, I'd want to gag him and only add blindfold when he realizes he's not going anywhere. If blindfold is there from the start, I imagine I want to hear what he'll say before finalizing the bondage with the gag.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
25-year-old bondage enthusiast who likes cute guys, underwear, and bondage, preferably together.

You can reach my list of written work here: https://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38808#p38808
YourCaptor75
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by YourCaptor75 »

Excellent research dtr, your field-work is impeccable, haha

That pic also brings up the matter of clothing. Some of the very best bondage photos I have seen are fully clothed. That pic is nice, but his slightly baggy jeans, imo, just weighed the whole thing down.

Obviously your attention is focused up to the gag, but what you see in your periphery is still important. His exposed and bound torso accents the emphasized gag, but the jeans and barely visible leg restraints honestly should have been cropped out

Or ...ya know ...take the pants off, lol
noggip
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by noggip »

Thats such an interesting way of looking at it, and its starting to make sense to me. I personally prefer rope, and I find its because it highlights the areas I think look best all tied up, tape, on the other hand, doesn't accentuate it the same way..
YourCaptor75
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by YourCaptor75 »

noggip wrote: 4 years ago Thats such an interesting way of looking at it, and its starting to make sense to me. I personally prefer rope, and I find its because it highlights the areas I think look best all tied up, tape, on the other hand, doesn't accentuate it the same way..
Your profile picture actually illustrates this quite well. The rope accentuates the lady's body, particularly her chest, the minimalist but effective gag highlights her face, and covers only a bit of it.

There is also of course the question of aesthetic. Your profile shows a gal who looks to have been caught snooping in a warehouse of some sort. The goons who caught her wouldn't exactly have ballgags and bondage mitts on hand (though I am sure that saddens some folks on the forums). They repurposed materials on hand, which just happen to be FANTASTIC for keeping a prisoner still and quiet.

A BIT of duct tape can have a similar look, but seems less professional. When you get LOTS of tape in a tie, it begins to feel like fetish fuel, which for some folks actually takes the fun out of a scene. I get it.

Thanks for the feedback, and I like your pfp.
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

The amount of restraints use also play a role how somebody will look. Using a single strand of rope or duct tape will keep somebody restraint (if done right), but sometimes more is better, even if the end result is the same.
P1063455.JPG
I think that is why tie-raps/cable ties don't look well in many cases, they are just too thin and don't show that visual image of being restrained.
101216_dizdat_candace_ava017.jpg
Duct tape, being wide, is in that sense a much better visual restraint.
007.jpg
But I agree with you, YourCaptor75, that too much draws attention away from the subject and only focuses on the situation he/she is in.
522657.jpg
Interesting topic. Thanks for starting it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
TomYi
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TomYi »

I totally know what you mean. However, my mixing and matching tends to revolve around gags, not restraints.

I've been saying for a long time that ball gags draw attention to ther wearer's lips. Tape gags, by contrast, draw focus away from that area, and bring attention to the eyes. So, I choose between those gags based on whether I like the eyes or lips of a model better.

I also find that I like tape gags on women with square jaws. IDK why. I think it originates from how much I used to love tape-gagged Melissa Jacobs.

And moreover, my concern is more often than not about color. I don't like red tape gags on a redhead model. That's too much red lol
A red ball gag is fine though, ESPECIALLY on blonde models.

Now, about restraints, color is the biggest factor there too. I don't like it when the restraints are a similar color as the model's skin. Black rope on an ebony model is a no no. Same with brown pantyhose on a tan model. White rope looks good on any gal though.
YourCaptor75
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by YourCaptor75 »

[mention]TomYi[/mention]
You bring up a great point about complexion, hair color, etc.
One of the first pics that got me into bondage was a spiderman cover art (number 76 or something?)

Now, he is obviously decked out in a colorful skintight costume, showing off his impeccable physique. It's quite a visual complex ensemble, with contrasting, bright colors, with a geometric web pattern overtop of it.

The restraints? Dull gray cables randomly across his body. Sharp contrast from the neat patterns, or color of his costume, as well as being much more straight than his rounded, muscular build.

The inverse can also happen. Got a pale model, with light hair, slim build, and nice eyes? Put her in a colorful web, and tape that mouth up!

Great to see more interest in this topic.

Anyone with more "bondage" style taste in restraints got feedback? Gear-lovers?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic