Thoughts on fifty shades

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
honourthechapter1775

Thoughts on fifty shades

Post by honourthechapter1775 »

I like most others an aware of what fifty shades is...

In my humble opinion I think it's complete and utter garbage I wouldn't touch with a barge pole that's inspired by an even worse franchise that makes a mockery of vampires... Cough anyway..

I have seen so many stories in here that could kick that book of the shelves, I have read too many to name an exact one but if anyone can think of any list them below.

Still what are your thoughts on it?
Svpmissive
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Svpmissive »

I will reply based on the point of seeing the films with my GF.

I do think that they got SOME (albeit FEW) aspects right... However it's Hollywood, they will never make a popular movie factual. I think it opend a lot of people to the ideas of BDSM.

Moral of the story? Interested parties should research and those into it already know where to go...
Either wishing to be tied up or currently tied up.
Barefoot99
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Barefoot99 »

loved the movies
Barefoot and cuffed. That's the only way to go.
McMurdoPI
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by McMurdoPI »

Definitely stigmatizes deviants in a way that is both unhelpful and potentially dangerous. There is a dark self destructive side to all of this and the fifty shades series taps into much more of that than the reverse.
Hello everyone! 32, m, Michigan, always willing to chat and help new folks get oriented.
MtnReign
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by MtnReign »

Didn't want to read the books, the first movie was unappealing to say the least. It was just gross frankly, not something I would watch again.
Elusive_Lady
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Elusive_Lady »

It was a double edged sword.

On one hand, yes, it did give mislead a lot of people who already had little knowledge of BDSM (other than their own fantasies).

On the other hand, that very 'false news' led to teaching moments, with folks who did understand explaining to those who didn't that it means different things to different people, and most of it is harmless.

When I was young, you got strange looks if you admitted you liked to be tied up. Today, the reaction is like admitting you like strawberry sherbert.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic