Tie ups as a hobby

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
hogrig
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Tie ups as a hobby

Post by hogrig »

I have wondered if you people ever considered bondage a hobby? I realize the site is a tie up game site, but how playful are these games in our minds.I sometimes think that I just like to see and tie people up, outside of the sexual element. Do any of you think bondage and tie up games can be done outside the romantic relationship setting? I sometimes wonder if this is possible, can you just tie up a friend asexually, associate role play, ie. kidnapping, home invasion or escape challenges and it innocent.

There does seem like there is a lot of sexuality intertwined, especially when you factor in how much ropes accentuate the the body. Add in tickling, and the physical contact that requires, and its an even more complex dilemma. I get there is a professional market for this stuff so that isn't really what I'm talking about. This would be a mutually beneficial situation, not a professional staging.

Seems there are very few interested in pure tie up games in a platonic way outside maybe a shibari/suspension art exhibitions. Any thoughts on this? Anyone just into distress, looking for a good rope challenge, or just want to watch tv hogtied?
Gagman

Post by Gagman »

Although I find bondage to be very sexually appealing personally, I dont think it is at its core sexual. I think most things most people think of as a fetish, are considered asexual and innocent to the majority of society. Similar to cosplaying and roleplaying. So yes, I do think it very possible for people to have non sexual tie up games.
truly_trussed
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by truly_trussed »

Absolutely Hogrig.

If done right TUG's can be extremely relaxing but non-sexual. When struggling in your bonds you can get an endorphin or adrenaline rush. If you're chairtied and gagged you just may fall asleep in your bonds. Very similar to a Zen State in yoga.

In the last several years I've been to a few pansexual rope events. There are some women who prefer to be tied while topless but if you gawk you'll get thrown out. One guy did stare at me however as I was getting gagged OTM. I guess he didn't expect to see that.

Unfortunately the pandemic has put the kibosh on such events possibly until next summer. When they do return Fetlife should have listing of events worldwide (For those over 18 please).

Play safe and stay safe, T.T.
andrewtied

Post by andrewtied »

i considering it as a hobby to the point when im in the mood of self bondage i go ahead and do that but not all the time cause of work and im weak to do it.
YourCaptor75
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by YourCaptor75 »

That's been most of my experience.

I have used it as an object lesson to help fellas I have mentored too. Can be a great way to visualize boundaries.
Only had a few folks who enjoyed being tied, and trying to get loose, but they're there.

For me, tying guys isn't sexual. It's about dominance. Tying up a woman tho? I don't think I could ever do it asexually.
David Han
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by David Han »

Yes a hobby 100% for me
Tie me up and have fun with me
NabHer
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by NabHer »

I personally see it as a hobby, akin to interactive theater. Sure, one may get turned on by it in a sexual manner but the act itself is supposedly non-sexual. Hell, I've seen plenty of asexual individuals that are into tie ups, even BDSM.

And as for your question whether bondage can be practiced outside of a romantic relationship, it is possible. I've done it myself a few times. There was minimal physical contact outside of the initial kidnapping scene. I'd simply sit down and watch tv while letting them struggle before tying them in a different position. However the main problem here is that tie ups are being deemed inherently sexual as of late thanks to subpar movies such as the Fifty Shades of Grey. So I'd totally understand if most people aren't comfortable of playing with someone other than their partner. Not to mention that these things require trust and it's no surprise that people would rather confide in their romantic partners when it comes to stuff like this.
scarfgagged
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by scarfgagged »

It's both for me.
I've veen tied up and gagged for sex a lot! But also i've been bound and gagged for my personal pleasure.
I've even tied up myself up in the kitchen, while my ex cooked, or studied or just was watching tv.
Once or twice i fell asleep while chairtied, gagged and blindfolded just like [mention]truly_trussed[/mention] said.

Never tried that with a friend or another male, but more i think it, more a hobby is to me.
I'd love to have a friend male or female to share techniques and tie each other when we feel like.
If you're not gagged and blindfolded, then you're not tied up at all!!! :D
Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Kyle »

My interest in bondage started at a fairly early age. I was interested because it made for tense scenes when the hero or heroine was caught by the villain and tied up. How would they escape? It started as just something that made scenes exciting. As I got older, I slowly developed more of an interest in the bondage itself. Today, I primarily have an interest in being tied up, or tying someone up, and escaping it. I'd describe it more as a hobby than anything. I'd be lying if I said there was absolutely no sexual interest at all. There's definitely a reason I'd prefer to see women tied up, for instance. But it's not the main interest I have.
shyguy92
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by shyguy92 »

I rarely think of it as a sexual thing, though I'm well aware that society in general seems to view it that way.

Sure, there's sometimes that kind of excitement. But in my admittedly somewhat limited experience it's been entirely platonic.

I love my friends. But not in that way. It was just fun.
illest
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by illest »

I think of it as both. Interesting enough, it really helps me relax at stressful times. I practive self-bondage occasionally as a way to take my mind off things. Even so far as I'm a nervous wreck on interstates but somehow imagining being bound and gagged in the passengers seat helps take my mind off of things. In that sense though I feel like I'm moreso putting my mind in scenarios that turn me on to conquer my fears
ExcessivelyCurious
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by ExcessivelyCurious »

Yeah, the weirdest thing is that it can totally be both for me. Kind of preaching to the crowd, but it's a very complex thing.

I also think that, done right, there's some artistic merit. Shibari is the obvious one.
Knot4everybody
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Knot4everybody »

I think it is a life long passion we all possess and that we let bubble to the surface from time to time. The need for "control" is in our lives daily but doing a tie-up actually fulfills that passion without it criminalizing a certain scenario we we would like to see lived out in our own minds, but do not have a willing partner.

Regardless of your age or to the extent of the "sexual content" you would like to see in it.....Tie-ups allow us a moment in time where we have total control and feel like the game has been won. And the consenual partner also feels both the pleasure of giving up control in a safe enviroment and enjoys the experience as well. As reflected in many of the stories on here.....the characters go through a stage of discovery but then return to it.

So it becomes a hobby for those who really wish to let it be that and value the pleasure and the safety.
Terry
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Terry »

I'm asexual and have never saw being tied up as sexual. I just see it as a fun activity and something I've always been interested in.
ChiDrag221
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by ChiDrag221 »

Yeah, I think the full spectrum of possibilities is there: tie ups as a non-sexual hobby, tie ups as kinky but for an asexual, tie ups as kinky for non-asexual, etc. There's a full range of motivations for tie ups, and for stories involving tie ups, sexual elements of the story may turn people on or just as easily turn them off.
captured_prize
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by captured_prize »

While bondage does turn me on, it's also something I do to help me relax. After being in bondage for a while, the intitial excitement dies down and it simply becomes a state of being without it being arousing. I guess for me it's a bit of column A and a bit from column B.
Just your average crossdressing damsel in distress...

Check out my story here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20583
Skizzo
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Skizzo »

Its definitely one of those things that has and can have elements of both.
I really like puzzles, sudoku, word searches and stuff. So there are times it's just that, a puzzle.
tapetaratv
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by tapetaratv »

I have to say yes I do think of it as an hobby particularly self bondage I think of it as ithink cross dressing as a hobby
Better make yourself comfortable your gonna be here for quite a very long time..
tapetaratv
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by tapetaratv »

I always find bondage as a great way to unwind
And helps relieve stress
Better make yourself comfortable your gonna be here for quite a very long time..
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

I don't think it's a hobby, as much as it is a game. I played some form of "tie-em-up" since I was 8. Cowboys and Indians, Cops and Robbers, Capture the Flag, Hide and go Seek, Hog Tie the Rustler, Settlers and Indians, and on and on.

There were a few other young ones (8-9-10) that didn't like the games too much, because every time they tied someone, they'd get loose, and every time they got tied, they wouldn't. One day, the older kids (13-14-15) got together, and agreed that when they tied an 8-9-10 year old, once out of every five times, (20%) he'd do a lousy job, so the younger one could get out. They also agreed that, whether or not they COULD get out, if one of the younger kids tied them, they wouldn't get out. It was enough to keep them coming back.

Sex was seldom, if ever, a thought. Through 12 1/2, most of us didn't know what sex was, and it wasn't until around 14-15, that we got that tingly feeling when we saw the cute brunette chick with shoulder length hair, in fourth period history class.

Drawscore
Silkenvixen
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Silkenvixen »

I have. It's been my favorite hobby since my pre-teen years!
honourthechapter1775

Post by honourthechapter1775 »

For me I still view it as at least my second \ first favourite hobby it depends how I'm feeling on a daily basis and if I'm in the mood for it or not. For me it just kind of started out as simple escape challenge with my friend and I with simple dressing gown belts and scarves. All before it became so much more for me.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic