Self bondage thread

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
1th4
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Self bondage thread

Post by 1th4 »

Hi,

Is there a main self bondage thread or something like that, where people could share their techniques, advices or experiences?
There should be some people other than myself interested in that right?
If someone is interested we could start a thread to give advices to beginners and receive some from more experienced users. Reply if you're interested, I'd love to invest time to share about the subject :D
Tie me up, gag me and let's have some fun. If you find me already tied up, you can start the fun ;)
scarfgagged
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by scarfgagged »

This could be fun!
If you're not gagged and blindfolded, then you're not tied up at all!!! :D
Flyingvulture
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Flyingvulture »

Why don't we start it here?
You can edit the first post to collect the best practices.

For example, get a pair of medical scissors (the ones that are "bent" but are straight in the underside), those are used to cut clothes without pinching the skin, I've used them to quickly remove heavy gags.
TW: @VultureLeader
Tumblr: Wrapspirit
PM me for our bondage-focused discord server!
ExcessivelyCurious
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by ExcessivelyCurious »

Having a pair of scissors (possibly even shears) is quite important in general. In an emergency, you always need to be able to end a scene quickly, and that's a lot harder with self-bondage.
andrewtied

Post by andrewtied »

don't use real handcuffs especially the heavy duty type. if you want to have bindings with soft on the skin then try anything that has leather.
Ropelover28nj

Post by Ropelover28nj »

andrewtied wrote: 3 years ago don't use real handcuffs especially the heavy duty type. if you want to have bindings with soft on the skin then try anything that has leather.
Definitely, ive used hinged handcuffs on myself before, and while it was exhilarating, almost getting stuck and facing the humiliation of ppssibly getting caught stopped me from continuing
scarfgagged
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by scarfgagged »

Ropelover28nj wrote: 3 years ago
andrewtied wrote: 3 years ago don't use real handcuffs especially the heavy duty type. if you want to have bindings with soft on the skin then try anything that has leather.
Definitely, ive used hinged handcuffs on myself before, and while it was exhilarating, almost getting stuck and facing the humiliation of ppssibly getting caught stopped me from continuing
same here!!!
i don't mind getting caught tho... :D
This is an old site but very good techniques!!! Link
I've used the hogties techniques and they work like a charm!
If you're not gagged and blindfolded, then you're not tied up at all!!! :D
David Han
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by David Han »

Don’t think too hard on your first tie. Tie feet first then move on to others.
Tie me up and have fun with me
Ropelover28nj

Post by Ropelover28nj »

scarfgagged wrote: 3 years ago
Ropelover28nj wrote: 3 years ago
same here!!!
i don't mind getting caught tho... :D
This is an old site but very good techniques!!! Link
I've used the hogties techniques and they work like a charm!
Always wanted to try the one out but was too nervous,plus after having been hogtied by a pro dom self bondage doesn't come close😆 im actually thinking about driving out to her city to get tied up again maybe in a couple months
FelixSH
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by FelixSH »

Considering that there are probably a ton of lurkers, who might also not have any experience, I want to start with a warning.

BE CAREFUL. SELFBONDAGE CAN BE DANGEROUS. IF YOU DO IT WRONG, YOU COULD PERMANENTLY HURT YOURSELF, OR EVEN DIE.

You might swallow your gag, and suffocate. You might damage yourself with rope or other materials, that are not broad enough and cut your skin. You might get stuck and need help, while noone knows that you do. You might forget to turn of the hearth, and die in a fire. Whatever, there are big risks, as you essentially restrict yourself from moving around freely. Think very carefully about how you will get out, make sure to have an emergency plan and generally think everything through. A bit of fun is not worth it, if you will have permanent damage afterwards, or if you just straight up suffocate.

That said, on to the actual post.
ExcessivelyCurious wrote: 3 years ago Having a pair of scissors (possibly even shears) is quite important in general. In an emergency, you always need to be able to end a scene quickly, and that's a lot harder with self-bondage.
While this is very good advice, it also defeats the whole point of being tied up, at least for me. I have played around with selfbondage a few times over the years, and the initial feeling of rope or tape is great when it is applied. But it never takes long for me to untie myself, because without the feeling of being helpless (which I don't have, I know that I can free myself whenever I want) it just feels pointless.

I did think of a compromise for this. Even a key to cuffs that is frozen is problematic, as you might get a cramp or hurt yourself, being then unable to get free on your own after the ice melted. Just invite a good friend over (someone who has a spare key, or lets himself in to your open door), and do the session a few hours before. Even if you get stuck, there will be someone to help you.

There is, of course, still risk left. But nothing too serious should happen in a few hours, and in the worst case, you would have to suffer some pain for a duration that you know will end in a one or two hours. There is still some risk, but making sure that the friend is really reliable, don't use a gag and turn off everything that might catch on fire should make sure nothing too bad will happen to you. Especially if you use duct tape, which isn't really able to restrict your blood circulation, at least in my experience.

I don't like cuffs, so I never tried to use them with a frozen key. But it recnetly occured to me, that you could also just put the blade of a knife or some scissors in a container with water, and freeze them. Same principle, but now I can also use rope or tape. Just don't forget to freeze the scissors beforehand one time, and see how long it actually takes the ice to melt. I takes way longer than I thought, but trying it gives you control over the amount of time you want to be tied.

I also recently found a way of making a roll of tape stay in a place, so I could just slowly spin around in place and still apply tape with enough pressure to actually tie myself up that way. And while every gag where something is just inside your mouth, is really dangerous and not to be used in self bondage (danger of swallowing, of course), a ball gag, or something that just can't be swallowed, seems not too bad to me. I found out that you can make a knot into a long tie (the thing that men where around their neck, not random bondage material), and then a second knot over the first, it makes a pretty good gag. There will be a lot of material stuck in your mouth, but it is held in place (in the front of your mouth, no less) and can't be swallowed. And, considering the soft material, the danger of a cramp should be small, as you can close your mouth nearly completely.

I still didn't try to tie myself up, with only a frozen pair of scissors to free me after one or two hours, as I'm still scared (but also excited) about the thought of being actually stuck for some time. Maybe I never will, it's still dangerous.

I do want to close with mentioning again that self bondage can be really dangerous. Be careful.

Provided by bondagefreak
Click on the banner to get to the story

For more of my stories, click here.
Evannnn
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Evannnn »

I like to spend some of my free time tying myself up in a variety of ways but lately I feel like I've ran out of ways to tie myself up, so I was just curious as to whether anyone had any suggestions?

Maybe things like:

Creative new ways I could tie myself up

New areas where I could do self bondage, like my garden shed for example

Creative ways I could gag myself, maybe some use some unusual things as stuffing.

All suggestions are appreciated and I will definitely try them out.

Thank you :)
illest
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by illest »

I've dabbled in it over the years. Usually my favorite method is the self-hogtie method. I used to do it to where I couldn't escape without scissors but over the years I settle for tight but loose enough that I can escape when need be. A lot of my experiences come from simulating art pieces from DA. I used to mess with suspension a bit but while I've never had a dangerous experience from it and never go for more than a foot above ground, reading enough about it has steered me away from it.
Flyingvulture
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Flyingvulture »

Yeah, selfbondage definitely carries a couple of trade-offs:

*It's never inescapable
*It's never completely safe
*Making it safe and/or easy to scape from, it's not exciting
*Using a "safer" gag may ruin the experience (except if it's a ball gag or a stuffed pantyhose)
*Not using a gag is a big no for some of us
*Sensory deprivation is extremely dangerous
*Having a trusted friend is not always possible
*Having a friend coming over carries a risk on it's own (what if something happens to them in their way to untie you?)
*Having a friend present during your session (to avoid previous point) defeats the whole "self" part of bondage, at that point just ask them to tie you up

I think we can make a triangle with "safe", "exciting" and "easiness to escape" at the points we could visualize better every option, like the meme that goes "here's 3 options, pick only 2".
Flyingvulture
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Flyingvulture »

Evannnn wrote: 3 years ago Creative new ways I could tie myself up
This really depends on what you have available, rope, cuffs, zip ties, tape, etc and the way you know how to use them.

Also, what kind of furniture/architecture your home has, poleties come to my mind. How much and what can your body endure as in physical strain, that would be necessary to recommend (or not) a specific position.
Evannnn wrote: 3 years agoNew areas where I could do self bondage, like my garden shed for example
Hard to tell, we need more knowledge of your surroundings. I wouldn't recommend doing public self bondage (outside the territory of your home).
Maybe the basement, the trunk of your car while in your garage, as you said: the garden shed, the proper garden, but at night, etc etc.
Evannnn wrote: 3 years agoCreative ways I could gag myself, maybe some use some unusual things as stuffing.
People have fears about using/recommending gag stuffing, but here's my tip: try any mouth stuffing before your session, if you can handle it more than 30mins ok, then proceed adding another layer (for example, wrap around tape gag or cleave gag), this will fully recreate the gag. If you can hold it 30mins, then you can use it in bondage. But then the bondage must be scaled up as well, start with simple ties, then slowly upgrade to more restrictive ones, why? Because the gag produces pressure on it's own, but depending on the position, the pressure can increase and be very uncomfortable.

This is a small tutorial I did on how to make an effective tape gag: in further tests, I added hand towels as OTM and OTN gags to further reduce my sounds and it worked pretty well! However, the OTN DOES limit your airflow, if you have a respiratory condition, keep that in mind.

Another tip about mouth stuffing, whatever you do, don't leave pointy ends towards your throat (think of putting something with the shape of a water drop in your mouth, the pointy tip must aim towards your teeth while the rounded part towards your throat), that way, you won't gag on it.
sylvias
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by sylvias »

This was what came into my head when I first saw and clicked on this thread, lol. I actually have a really good and restrictive (yet safe and easy to get out of in an emergency) self-tie that I figured out a few days ago, if anyone would like to hear it :)
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

"Murphy's Law'" states that "If anything can go wrong, it WILL go wrong, usually at the worst possible moment."

Always have an "out." No exceptions, no excuses. Have a "quick release" ready, just in case everything goes to hell in a handbasket. Believe me, it can, and a lot of times, will.

Drawscore
Flyingvulture
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Flyingvulture »

sylvias wrote: 3 years ago
This was what came into my head when I first saw and clicked on this thread, lol. I actually have a really good and restrictive (yet safe and easy to get out of in an emergency) self-tie that I figured out a few days ago, if anyone would like to hear it :)
I'm Interested, please feel free to share them with us!
zora963

Post by zora963 »

sylvias wrote: 3 years ago
I'd love to know! Looking for ways to self-tie easily.
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

Get a short (3-5 feet) piece of rope. Tie it in the center like you would tie your shoes.

Take a longer (8-10 feet) piece, and tie your ankles.

Take the two ends of the first rope, and pass one end above the ankle tie, and the other end below it, and tie them together.

Find the two loops, and put your hands through them.

When you lower your legs, the loops will close, leaving you nicely hog tied.

To escape, curl your legs up, and spread your hands apart

Drawscore
zora963

Post by zora963 »

drawscore wrote: 3 years ago Get a short (3-5 feet) piece of rope. Tie it in the center like you would tie your shoes.

Take a longer (8-10 feet) piece, and tie your ankles.

Take the two ends of the first rope, and pass one end above the ankle tie, and the other end below it, and tie them together.

Find the two loops, and put your hands through them.

When you lower your legs, the loops will close, leaving you nicely hog tied.

To escape, curl your legs up, and spread your hands apart

Drawscore
Thanks [mention]drawscore[/mention] I tried this and it worked out like a charm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic