Mummification

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
David Han
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Mummification

Post by David Han »

What material is best to do a mummification scene? Saran wrap, duct tape, food wrap, etc... I want to experience this on me and is curious what materials is best.
Tie me up and have fun with me
DallasNotAustin
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by DallasNotAustin »

Take what I say with a grain of salt because I've never actually attempted this, but I've heard that it's best to do 2 layers. An initial layer of saran wrap and then another one out of duct tape or vetwrap or whatever, which gives the mummification a much "smoother" look to it, and also reinforces it. I think that if you did a criss-cross layer of electrical tape on top of both of those layers you'd have yourself a pretty secure package, but again, please take what I said with a grain of salt. Hope it helps!
Your local catboy maid & sock enthusiast.

If you're reading this, you can do me a huge favor and have a great day!
Svpmissive
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Svpmissive »

I've been wrapped in a few layers of seran wrap once. Would definitely recommend as it felt very secure.
Either wishing to be tied up or currently tied up.
ExcessivelyCurious
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by ExcessivelyCurious »

My practical experience is limited, but I've seen the 'saran wrap with duct tape on top' technique in a lot of videos. Should also help limit the 'tape on skin' problem.

Vet wrap gives a very interesting appearence. Haven't got to try that myself, but it looks very interesting.

If you want it more secure, could always just add more layers. I've also seen rope over mummification, which feels like overkill frankly but whatever gets you going.
Fool
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Fool »

So if you want to be able to wriggle about just being wrapped up in seran then duct tape is fun. But if you're looking for really rigid restraint then getting wraped to a board is the way to go. A good tip for either one is to wrap the arms up individually first, that makes them stick tight to the side of your body. Then tape their hands flat to their thighs. That adds about 40 minutes to the escape time.
Wrappedguy825
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Wrappedguy825 »

Saran /pallet wrap as the first layer. Then add tape on top. That should secure you nicely :)
cellofello
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by cellofello »

Svpmissive wrote: 3 years ago I've been wrapped in a few layers of seran wrap once. Would definitely recommend as it felt very secure.
You really do want another layer over it, such as tape, at least over the hands. I have found that with just plastic wrap, the trick to escaping is to poke through with a finger, then start tearing. Tape will reinforce the plastic so that the victim can't stretch and tear the plastic by concentrating force with a fingertip.
David Han
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by David Han »

Thanks for all the advice
Tie me up and have fun with me
TightsBound
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TightsBound »

I personally prefer vet wrap over plastic wrap and tape. The tape isn’t breathable, so it got pretty warm, especially since I’m a struggler. Vet wrap is a little more breathable but still durable. And if your arms and legs are wrapped separately before being mummified, you won’t be getting free any time soon.
ChiDrag221
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by ChiDrag221 »

I've also heard that the choice of material, number of layers, etc. should be take into consideration how easily the layers can be cut with scissors, since you always want to have a quick way out in the unlikely event of an emergency. If there's a dom in the room monitoring for safe word gestures, signs of a medical emergency, distress, etc., then it's easier, but self-bondage somewhat less.
NabHer
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by NabHer »

I haven't really gotten a chance to try mummification yet despite it being one of my favorite ties, but I just came here to thank you all for sound advice!
tapetaratv
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by tapetaratv »

I've found that tape is the best thing for being mummified with clingfilm saran wrap is ok for mummification but I do find it does make me feel hot and sweaty (eww gross) so I would personally stick with tape I found clear packaging tape is surprisingly good for this
But there's no harm in experimenting with different types of tape but do it safely
Better make yourself comfortable your gonna be here for quite a very long time..
tapetaratv
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by tapetaratv »

You might think of me as weird but I have always loved the feel of tape on my skin I don't know why that is I just do does sound weird though
Better make yourself comfortable your gonna be here for quite a very long time..
Shiina
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Shiina »

Saran wrap works best with me if I am honest
Gagged_Miko
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Gagged_Miko »

I think first layer with saran wrap, and then duct tape/microfoam/whatever over the top of it, like what the first person said. I have never done it before sadly, but I have always wanted to.
Craftytied
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Craftytied »

Multiple layers seems best. I love the tightness of duct tape but it’s a hassle to get off, so probably like a plastic wrap first and then duct tape
SoftlySwitching
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by SoftlySwitching »

I'm actually a fan of rolling them in a blanket, then using a lot of rope to tie them tight, you can but a 500 foot spool at some hardware stores......
Bound and gagged, completely trapped in sensations of silk and fur, either giving or receiving, I’m in 100%
Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

Post by Canuck100 »

SoftlySwitching wrote: 3 years ago I'm actually a fan of rolling them in a blanket, then using a lot of rope to tie them tight, you can but a 500 foot spool at some hardware stores......
Same here. Blankets are great to be mummified with. Something that breaths well if you're afraid of overheating is flannel or fleece bed sheets. And it's so cozy and comfortable... Sleeping bags are fun too.
Lordmelbury
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Lordmelbury »

I agree with blankets! So comfy to get mummified in them, and add some ropes or scarves to securely get bound in them. Lovely :D

Plastic wrap or vet wrap might be more secure or tighter though. Personally I have been wrapped in plastic and that was a lot of fun (love the plastic sound), but it did get a bit warm in the end. Would really love to try vet wrap as others have suggested!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic