Can you help a biologist out?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.

How much time do you spend with cats?

Poll ended at 3 years ago

I own a cat
44%
I don’t own a cat but live with one
2%
I don’t own a cat but spend time w/ cats
7%
I spend little time with cats
9%
I’m pretty much never around cats
37%

Total votes: 43

RotiferTape
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Can you help a biologist out?

Post by RotiferTape »

Hi everyone!
I was wondering if you would humor me in participating in this poll. I usually don’t have my career and my bondage life cross but I came across an article recently that interests me. Apparently there’s evidence that there’s a link between having a cat and enjoying being tied up. So I’m asking people to help me do some science and get some statistical data. Please be honest and really appreciate your participation!!

Also to clarify option two is referring to those who don’t have a cat themselves but a roommate or family member owns one.
Climb mountains, camp in deserts, explore jungles, search in tide pools, love your planet.
DallasNotAustin
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by DallasNotAustin »

Always happy to help out!
Your local catboy maid & sock enthusiast.

If you're reading this, you can do me a huge favor and have a great day!
RotiferTape
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by RotiferTape »

DallasNotAustin wrote: 3 years ago Always happy to help out!
Thank you!
Climb mountains, camp in deserts, explore jungles, search in tide pools, love your planet.
Red86
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Red86 »

Had a cat in the house for 18 years (he actually lived to approximately 20 years old). Wasn't my cat but another family members. I definitely started self bondage during that time (I believe I was around 14 at the time). Haven't had another cat in the house since and I'm rarely around cats now. I would say I've always been more of a dog person.
Svpmissive
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Svpmissive »

My GF has/ had a cat. But I've been into tugs long before I met her.
Either wishing to be tied up or currently tied up.
zora963

Post by zora963 »

Interesting [mention]RotiferTape[/mention] ! Would you please send a link to the article you referenced?
Dpsiic
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Dpsiic »

No cat now, got a dog instead. Had a rescue one years ago but was into TuGs long before the cat arrived on the scene.

Hope this helps
RopeBunny
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by RopeBunny »

Voted.
Last edited by RopeBunny 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
McMurdoPI
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by McMurdoPI »

I can see what you are doing considering the well known connection between toxoplasmosis and dangerous behavior. That said I would be careful with how you state your conclusions and frame your discussion. 1) proper self bondage is not dangerous as folks have controls in place. I hope that you are able to find time to explain that. 2) what amount of the general population has exposure to cats? 3) Are we cherry picking results by specifically asking people who are comfortable admitting they take part in self bondage where as a large number of those who do would not disclose this even in an anonymous survey? As many as 50-70 percent of the population may enjoy being tied up at least sometimes and yet you will almost never get those results from surveymonkey. Please let me know if youd like to "get into the weeds" over this one. I would be happy to help you ensure that you are operationalizing this properly and are trying to prove your hypothesis wrong instead of trying to prove it correct.
Hello everyone! 32, m, Michigan, always willing to chat and help new folks get oriented.
Flyingvulture
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Flyingvulture »

Lmao I recall seeing cats in bondage videos, so I see that this has a relationship.
TW: @VultureLeader
Tumblr: Wrapspirit
PM me for our bondage-focused discord server!
Flyingvulture
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Flyingvulture »

McMurdoPI wrote: 3 years ago I can see what you are doing considering the well known connection between toxoplasmosis and dangerous behavior. That said I would be careful with how you state your conclusions and frame your discussion. 1) proper self bondage is not dangerous as folks have controls in place. I hope that you are able to find time to explain that. 2) what amount of the general population has exposure to cats? 3) Are we cherry picking results by specifically asking people who are comfortable admitting they take part in self bondage where as a large number of those who do would not disclose this even in an anonymous survey? As many as 50-70 percent of the population may enjoy being tied up at least sometimes and yet you will almost never get those results from surveymonkey. Please let me know if youd like to "get into the weeds" over this one. I would be happy to help you ensure that you are operationalizing this properly and are trying to prove your hypothesis wrong instead of trying to prove it correct.
OP said that the relationship was between having cats and enjoying being tied up, it doesn't necessarily mean that the subject has to practice/enjoy selfbondage, just being tied up (that means, they enjoy being tied up by someone else).
RotiferTape
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by RotiferTape »

Flyingvulture wrote: 3 years ago
McMurdoPI wrote: 3 years ago I can see what you are doing considering the well known connection between toxoplasmosis and dangerous behavior. That said I would be careful with how you state your conclusions and frame your discussion. 1) proper self bondage is not dangerous as folks have controls in place. I hope that you are able to find time to explain that. 2) what amount of the general population has exposure to cats? 3) Are we cherry picking results by specifically asking people who are comfortable admitting they take part in self bondage where as a large number of those who do would not disclose this even in an anonymous survey? As many as 50-70 percent of the population may enjoy being tied up at least sometimes and yet you will almost never get those results from surveymonkey. Please let me know if youd like to "get into the weeds" over this one. I would be happy to help you ensure that you are operationalizing this properly and are trying to prove your hypothesis wrong instead of trying to prove it correct.
OP said that the relationship was between having cats and enjoying being tied up, it doesn't necessarily mean that the subject has to practice/enjoy selfbondage, just being tied up (that means, they enjoy being tied up by someone else).
[mention]McMurdoPI[/mention] is correct. There is parasite that is possible to get from cats. It had been linked to schizophrenia but also an increase in dangerous behavior. But there are also articles stating that it can cause people to be more into bondage. The purpose of my poll is I want to see what the results are like from a group where everyone is into some kind of bondage (I.e TUGS) rather than from a completely random group of people. I’m mostly doing this for my own curiosity and not really publishing anything with it.
Flyingvulture
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Flyingvulture »

RotiferTape wrote: 3 years ago There is parasite that is possible to get from cats. [...] It had been linked to schizophrenia but also an increase in dangerous behavior. But there are also articles stating that it can cause people to be more into bondage.
Whaaaattt???
Unbelievable!!
Can you share more info? I'm honestly interested in this!
cellofello
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by cellofello »

RotiferTape wrote: 3 years ago Apparently there’s evidence that there’s a link between having a cat and enjoying being tied up. So I’m asking people to help me do some science and get some statistical data.
FWIW, I was interested in being tied up before I ever had a cat. (My father doesn't like cats because of the litterbox smell; he has a sensitive nose.) But I always loved cats.

You need a control group to know whether the answers mean anything. I did a quick check - somewhere between 25 and 30% of American households own at least one cat.

Also, I think the first option in the poll is badly worded. It should be, "I am owned by a cat". :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic