Alice Levine - Sex Actually (Channel 4 UK)

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
BandG
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Alice Levine - Sex Actually (Channel 4 UK)

Post by BandG »

Anyone in the UK watch this show? Episode 2 deals with the BDSM World and I thought it was one of the better explorations of bondage. It examined a few dom and sub relationships between different genders (some same sex) and examined the rope and 'softer' side of bondage and what subs get out of it which I thought is rare to see.

One of the interesting things I thought was a male dom saying when he was younger he worried the kind of things he was into would be perceived as him being a serial killer or maniac (restraining women, 'torturing' them etc) and it made me realise why so many people keep their bondage interest secret. For me as a male I definitely get this although I am a sub mainly but I've definitely felt that reluctance to share my interest as a lot of people associate the idea of bondage with something sinister and the first steps in male violence.

I think there's still a way to go with changing perceptions.

It was a good watch and I recommend.
Reidy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Reidy »

I think that is common for most, they don't want to reveal their fantasies for being seen as 'weird'.
TheOfficeOrc
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by TheOfficeOrc »

BandG wrote: 2 years ago One of the interesting things I thought was a male dom saying when he was younger he worried the kind of things he was into would be perceived as him being a serial killer or maniac (restraining women, 'torturing' them etc) and it made me realise why so many people keep their bondage interest secret. For me as a male I definitely get this although I am a sub mainly but I've definitely felt that reluctance to share my interest as a lot of people associate the idea of bondage with something sinister and the first steps in male violence.
I haven't watched the show, but damn this hits close to home. I had a lot of trouble with depression and anxiety throughout my teens and early-twenties because of this. I had little-to-no exposure to the idea that liking bondage was relatively common so I thought I was monster and that I'd be lynched if people found out :(

Thankfully I met a girl at school who was much kinkier than I and was very open about her kinks. Although I never really opened up to her, she was very important in helping me to take the first steps to accepting myself.

I wish I'd been able to be more open about it back then, but I try not to dwell too much. The important thing is that I'm getting more and more open with age, and hopefully I'll be able to form some play-partner-type relationships in the future.

For anyone who is currently feeling this way, it gets better, and hopefully this community is evidence that you are absolutely not alone!
wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

I watched it and was quite impressed with the depth it went into bondage.

Was surprised to see Ariel Andersen in it.
View my latest story, Revelation, here;

https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8719

To view it's prequel Devastation, please click below;
https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7458
Reidy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Reidy »

wolfman wrote: 2 years ago I watched it and was quite impressed with the depth it went into bondage.

Was surprised to see Ariel Andersen in it.
Sure she's been in similar programs before.
shane
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by shane »

Too much to hope that Alice is tied up?
they_made_me_do_it
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by they_made_me_do_it »

Unfortunately nothing like that happens, but she has been tied up and gagged before

Flyingfoxman
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Flyingfoxman »

they_made_me_do_it wrote: 2 years ago Unfortunately nothing like that happens, but she has been tied up and gagged before

:shock: What’s this from?
they_made_me_do_it
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by they_made_me_do_it »

Flyingfoxman wrote: 2 years ago
they_made_me_do_it wrote: 2 years ago Unfortunately nothing like that happens, but she has been tied up and gagged before

:shock: What’s this from?
Big Brothers Bit on the Side. A companion show to the 2012 UK series of Big Brother. I’ve never seen the clip unfortunately just the screen caps.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic