RP REQUEST SPAMMERS

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

RP REQUEST SPAMMERS

Post by bondagefreak »

I've been getting an alarming number of reports and complaints from users that I know or that I've personally brought onto this board from other sites. It seems that a significant amount of RP addicts are sending out RP requests to every new user and everyone they see online.

I made a secondary account a few days ago just to experience what new users are experiencing, and sure enough, numerous RP requests immediately started making their way into my inbox.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.
I'm serious. The administration team is well aware of who is doing the spamming, and has removed and IP banned one of the top RP request spammers just last week. There will be more suspensions if this practice doesn't stop.

Readers are creating accounts on here to read stories, and are being distracted by numerous PM RP requests almost immediately after signing up. This stops now.

Those who want to RP have posted their info and willingness to do so on the RP section or in their intro post.
STICK TO THAT LIST.

Sending RP requests to users you get along with or have taken the time to know a bit is fine.
But RP-farming new users that just set foot on the site is NOT.

The team will be monitoring this practice very closely and setting up fake new accounts on a regular basis to fish out those RP-request spammers.

The forum is setup for your enjoyment.
Do NOT abuse it.
cj2125

Post by cj2125 »

I agree with [mention]bondagefreak[/mention] 's post, I also was regularly bombarded with unwarranted pm requests before I became a mod (which is the moment they conveniently stopped). I'd like to to add a few things, based on the complains I've seen.

Roleplaying might be "fictional" but the the same basic courtesy that you would have with a real-life encounter applies. No means no, limits must be respected and I might be wrong but I'm sure you don't go around asking real life strangers with no visible interest in hook-ups if they'd like to get together and tie you up.

I'm pretty sure the regular roleplayers won't even bother reading this thread, so this goes to other users, specially the new ones. If you haven't showed any interest in roleplaying and get bombarded by unsolicited messages or if a user is making you feel uncomfortable and refuses to back off, REPORT the messages, if you don't kow how, send a pm to us mods and we'll be more than happy to help you.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

And let me make one more thing clear. I fully and 100 percent agree with bondagefreak on this matter. We have a public role play request thread for a reason. You are only permitted to use that thread for requests. Using the Private Message system for RP requests is strictly prohibited, and will get you an immediate ban from this forum.

Once you establish a RP with someone in the public thread, then you may move communications concerning the RP to private messaging between the users that consent publicly to RP communication.

Also, I want to take a moment to address issues concerning certain users and their harassment and lashing out against moderators. That will no longer be tolerated either. Moderators work hard to ensure that this forum is safe and friendly for all users. If you harass and insult moderators in any way, you will receive an immediate ban. Respect the moderators and their decisions for keeping the peace on this forum.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

Additionally, I need to address those that have been targeted by these RP spammers(which sadly seems to be an overwhelming majority of the community): if you get any message like this from RP spammers, immediately report them. We do not have access to members PMs for privacy reasons, so we need the community to help us put a stop to this practice by reporting any and all requests that come through. There is a "report" icon at the top right corner of any PM and post(on mobile, it is in a menu at the top right). Use that button to send reports, as that alerts the entire team of the report.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic