Rope or Duct tape

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
Flyingvulture
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Flyingvulture »

Both.
At the same time.
8-)
TW: @VultureLeader
Tumblr: Wrapspirit
PM me for our bondage-focused discord server!
Hojojutsutengu

Post by Hojojutsutengu »

Both overlapping
surgicalorb
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by surgicalorb »

Rope. Rope is more constricting and has an art to it that duct tape can't replicate. But duct tape can be more fun for tugs I suppose.
tlamonta11
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by tlamonta11 »

I agree
Tape is quick and easy and affective !
And it is also a good gag too !
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

We did some silly stuff as kids. One time, Jeff's cousin was visiting for a couple of weeks, and we introduced him to our games. He saw Scott, Allen, and Doug get loose, and usually in under 10 minutes. He said they were good, then told us he might not be able to keep them tied for our agreed upon limit of 20 minutes, but he bet us they would stay tied for at least 15.

The next day, he came over with Jeff, and a bag with a couple of rolls of gray duct tape. Doug volunteered to go first, and Jeff's cousin, Dale, borrowed some of my rope, and tied Doug's hands behind him. When he was done, he then wrapped the rope on Doug's hands, with a 5-6 foot piece of tape. He did the same with Doug's feet, and then, for a gag, he used a small bandana, which he stuffed in Doug's mouth, then a 7-8 foot long bandage for an OTM gag, which got wrapped about four times around Doug's mouth and neck, and finally, a shorter piece of tape, also wrapped 2-3 times around Doug's mouth and neck.

Dale was careful when wrapping the tape around the mouth and neck. He first made sure that the bandage was wider than the tape, and carefully kept the tape on the bandage, so that when it was taken off, it wouldn't pull out any hair. It was still tight enough to keep him quiet. One other thing he did, was instead of centering the bandage over Doug's mouth, as was the norm, he centered it at the back of Doug's neck, and tied it off over Doug's mouth,

Dale was right. He couldn't keep Doug tied for 20 minutes. Only for just short of 19 minutes.

But most of the time we stayed with rope, usually quarter inch cotton clothesline. Other materials included sash cord (from venetian blinds) rawhide boot laces, leather, from baseball glove stringing kits, three-eighths hemp, and the aforementioned bandages. A few times, we even used our scout neckerchiefs.

But rope was what we saw used on TV and in the movies. Besides, rope could be used over and over for years. Tape, you use once, then it gets tossed.

Drawscore
AlexanderBound
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by AlexanderBound »

Always rope, just gives a better and more intense experience in my opinion :)
Detective-Gag
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Detective-Gag »

Rope has a lot going for it...for looks, I like it better; just looping it around wherever it needs to go...wrists, ankles, arms, legs, or around a chair.

Tape requires less preparation, though, admittedly...one wrap; and then done. No fiddling with knots.
yes_mistress
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by yes_mistress »

Rope absolutely. Rope is better to give more tension and harness, beside you could apply crotch rope even better and tighter. Last, I love the sound of the rope stretching while I was struggling. The sound really reminds me to realize I am completely helpless in tight bondage.

But keep it the tape for my mouth please. Microfoam one would be perfect.
Keep me nice and tight. Mmmpph mmmpphh.
Ropelover28nj

Post by Ropelover28nj »

yes_mistress wrote: ↑3 years ago Rope absolutely. Rope is better to give more tension and harness, beside you could apply crotch rope even better and tighter. Last, I love the sound of the rope stretching while I was struggling. The sound really reminds me to realize I am completely helpless in tight bondage.

I agree,and fun name by the wayπŸ˜„
yes_mistress
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by yes_mistress »

Ropelover28nj wrote: ↑3 years ago
yes_mistress wrote: ↑3 years ago Rope absolutely. Rope is better to give more tension and harness, beside you could apply crotch rope even better and tighter. Last, I love the sound of the rope stretching while I was struggling. The sound really reminds me to realize I am completely helpless in tight bondage.

Thank you πŸ˜ƒ, if you asked about who would be tied up and gagged first, definitely me. Make it tight please <3
Ropelover28nj

Post by Ropelover28nj »

yes_mistress wrote: ↑3 years ago

Thank you πŸ˜ƒ, if you asked about who would be tied up and gagged first, definitely me. Make it tight please <3
Hahaha I don't believe in loose bondage πŸ˜‰ would you return the favor?
yes_mistress
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by yes_mistress »

yes_mistress wrote: ↑3 years ago

Hahaha I don't believe in loose bondage πŸ˜‰ would you return the favor?
Sure, I also want you to feel the great submissive feeling that I had. πŸ˜‹
MouthTaper
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by MouthTaper »

I love both, but I'd say the extra effort you put into some solid ropework really pays off. Good ropework shows passion and commitment, especially when the rigger uses more rope than is technically necessary. It kinda gives away how much they're into it, without it being stated explicitly. :P
manwithnoname
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by manwithnoname »

I would have to say that I prefer rope in terms of bondage, but if tape is the only thing handy at the time........
"If you want me to stop struggling you really should use that chloroform."
TimChimp
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by TimChimp »

I do admit that rope looks much better but tape is just far more accesible and easy to use
Bondage_Addicted
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Bondage_Addicted »

Rope... or Duct tape? BOTH! :lol:
It's actually super easy, barely an inconvenience!
sophietied1
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by sophietied1 »

I love both but usually I’d prefer rope
If I could be tied up for a living, I would never stop working ;)
SapphireAsh
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by SapphireAsh »

I like both, it's kind of mood or scene specific after all. There's the look and strictness of rope vs the speed and sound appeal of tape to name a few.
Gagfan
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Gagfan »

A mixture, tape for the gagging and for rendering the hands useless but rope for the rest of it
For my stories I haven't gotten around to posting here: https://gagfan.wordpress.com/
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

Ropelover28nj wrote: ↑3 years ago Rope,and alot of it😊
Actually, if you use a lot of rope, it's easier for the captive to get slack. The more slack, the easier it is to escape.

Drawscore
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

There were a few times when the captive's hands were tied behind his back with rope, then the rope was covered with a couple of wraps of duct tape. We did it with the feet, too. Also, we'd cleave gag our captive with a bandana, then a couple of duct tape wraps to hold it in place.

It wasn't done too often, but it was a part of our games.

Drawscore
Craftytied
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Craftytied »

Rope, and it’s gotta be tight
Ropelover28nj

Post by Ropelover28nj »

drawscore wrote: ↑3 years ago
Ropelover28nj wrote: ↑3 years ago Rope,and alot of it😊
Actually, if you use a lot of rope, it's easier for the captive to get slack. The more slack, the easier it is to escape.

Drawscore
Interesting, well personally I just like the aesthetics of alot of rope,and I know from the couple of times I was tied up,ita more comfortable to have alot of rope used or at least for when I was hogtied, when I had alot of rope on my upper body and multiple places in my legs even though it felt more restrictive it wasn't as uncomfortable as the basic wrists to ankles,but thats just me,also I wasn't really trying to escape but maybe I should give it a shot haha
IanChroma
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by IanChroma »

While I'm not against duct tape, I fell in love with rope bondage and it's what I always come back to. ^_^
gagged ali
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by gagged ali »

I think rope is probably the best thing. But tape is like super quick and easy. Takes a few seconds just to wrap it around someone!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic