Rope or Duct tape

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
Reight
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Rope or Duct tape

Post by Reight »

Always that I am thinking about a TUG game I see two options, duct tape or rope. But from them what it the best to tied up? Most of the time I have inclined for the rope but I want to heard others opinions to see others point of view.
GagFan96
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by GagFan96 »

I'm honestly a fan of both, I like to be tied with rope and gagged with tape.
Reight
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Reight »

It an interesting combination, my only bad thing with tape is that you can break it with some intelligence or/and brute force meanwhile rope it almost impossible to break it yourself
GagFan96
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by GagFan96 »

Reight wrote: 3 years ago It an interesting combination, my only bad thing with tape is that you can break it with some intelligence or/and brute force meanwhile rope it almost impossible to break it yourself
Fair enough
captured_prize
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by captured_prize »

Ropes for the bindings and tape for the gag.
Just your average crossdressing damsel in distress...

Check out my story here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20583
RotiferTape
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by RotiferTape »

I love both but I got to say duct tape is my favorite. I love the way I look wrapped up in it. Like silver capsule.
Climb mountains, camp in deserts, explore jungles, search in tide pools, love your planet.
Nexus
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nexus »

Tape can be fun every now and then for a change, and is always fun for gagging, but I definitely prefer to use rope for restraining my damsels. The application/tying of it feels more personal, and it just looks better to me too.
Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

Rope. Definitly rope. Tape will do the trick, surely, but in my opinion rope needs more skill, more patience, more devotion...
AllTapedUp
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by AllTapedUp »

I think my answer is pretty obvious :P Love duct tape :D
RopePup44

Post by RopePup44 »

Duct tape is my favorite. It's fast and effective if you use enough and is a fun gag.
NabHer
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by NabHer »

RopePup44 wrote: 3 years ago Duct tape is my favorite. It's fast and effective if you use enough and is a fun gag.
That is exactly why I'd pick tape over rope any day.
RopePup44

Post by RopePup44 »

NabHer wrote: 3 years ago
RopePup44 wrote: 3 years ago Duct tape is my favorite. It's fast and effective if you use enough and is a fun gag.
That is exactly why I'd pick tape over rope any day.
Yea, I like rope too but tape is just that little bit more for me. Plus I like the idea of taped hands/fingers which you cant do with rope as well.
banshee
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by banshee »

Rope may feel better but its hard to use, if we're being real most people don't have any idea of how to tie a knot. Duct tape is is much more easier to use and harder to get out of, but I'd rather not have it against my skin, If we're using duct tape I prefer it to be over clother.
Davyuk
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Davyuk »

For me it has to be rope although I do like duct tape for the tape gag, also duct tape is good speed and quickness when bounding some one up or mummified them.
Danny
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Danny »

Hmm I like both but I think I would prefer rope since it's reusable, makes less of a mess and it's fun to figure out how to tie knots.
I think it's time for me to head out. I hope everyone has a great year!
BoundJana
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BoundJana »

If you would've asked me this question two years ago I would've immediately said: that's a tough question, I can't decide, I love both.

However, today I easily prefer rope bondage, the reasons for it being various. For once, I just think there is a form of elegance in being constricted by ropes, especially when you are doing artistic bondage like shibari. Plus rope, unlike tape, can be used various times and doesn't create that lot of a waste (in contradiction to tape) (add "Save the Turtles" here).

Yet still, tape still have it's very own charm. Especially for beginners who are just getting into bondage tape is a very good, if not probably the better alternative, you can restrain and free yourself easily and it's relatively cheap to buy. You don't have to know complicated knots to tie yourself up and it is easier to explain why you have a roll of tape in your bedroom than why you have ropes under your bed.
What are you waiting for? Finally put a gag in my mouth and play with me!
Reidy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Reidy »

Always with rope
Ropelover28nj

Post by Ropelover28nj »

Rope,and alot of it😊
Wrappedguy825
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Wrappedguy825 »

Definitely duct tape. The more you add the tighter your sub gets trapped. It’s also so much fun to just wrap around their body :)
sylvias
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by sylvias »

I prefer to use rope for most of the groundwork, and tape to make it a little bit tighter (for example, using rope to tie elbows and wrists together, and using tape to tie forearms together and wrap around fists).
SinfulSloth
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by SinfulSloth »

I like both, but I'd have to give the edge to rope. Duct tape hurts if used on bare skin and I just like the feel of rope better.
Galuj
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Galuj »

why not both
antoinedt
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by antoinedt »

I love both a lot. Each has it's own aesthetic of course. If you asked me which do I like better as a concept, I'm somewhat partial to duct tape.

As much as I can remember my first TUG or bondage experiences were with duct tape. That's somewhat evidenced by my first interest and curiosities leading to searching terms like "duct tape gagged" or "duct tape tied" on the internet, so I really considered myself (I still do) having some sort of fetish for duct tape bondage. I suppose it sort of had an outlandish appeal. When the opportunity arised, it occupied all of my youthful curiosity: the gluey smell of it, the unforgiving, even brutal stickiness and its feeling on my finger tips, on my skin, and over my mouth, and the unique sound of ripping it from its seemingly infinite core or a piece off its tail. I recognized its raw capability as an adhesive, as a raw binding agent. And its unique character along with its serious potential to bind and to silence without a second thought for how I felt or what I wanted to say excited me greatly. In a huge, awe-inspiring world as a youngster where the sky felt like the limit, duct tape was a powerful antithetic symbol to that, that could stop even my infinite potential dead in its tracks. Maybe I even feared that at some point. However, it seemed instead that my curiosity and unexplainable attraction to it and everything it implied somehow developed that fear into an almost binding vocation to bondage. It could make me feel safe from the wide perilous world in the helplessness it offered. A helplessness I had secretly chosen. Is that not what our sexualities ultimately lead us to? A chosen place or a person, in whom or with whom we feel safe and welcomed into their sanctuary?

That being said, my tastes though specific, weren't limited. I always initially was attracted to other classic methods of bondage like with zip ties and handcuffs and blindfolds. Rope was also somewhat in mind but it almost seemed too practical and rudimentary. As far as aesthetics go, I didn't perceive much beauty to it beyond that it facilitated bondage.

That has definitely changed in recent times. I have a whole new opinion on rope after looking more at shibari and artistic photographic set-ups with people tied up in this style, especially nude. There is so much beauty in the versatility of rope to twist and shape and contract the human body in a multitude of positions. It can be comfortable like a hug, it can put someone in an exciting, maybe even painful predicament, it can completely prevent movement making the sub completely helpless, or it can simply be aesthetic dress and decoration of a body and more. The possibilities honestly seem endless, or as far as the rigger is willing to take them to his/her creative limits. Even with my primary interest in bondage almost preceding my attraction to the woman herself, I've always found the feminine form beautiful and shibari is the perfect combination of those things, weaving earthbound human skin into the constricting abstract of bondage manifesting as rope, arresting her shape into a living piece of art.

I kinda get carried away playing with words sometimes. This response might not make sense haha.

Anyways, as much as duct tape is my first bondage love and will remain in my kinky heart, I know for a fact that it is rope that lies in my future.
Why do they say "Mmmmmpphhh" for gags that are not covering the mouth or keeping the lips together? Shouldn't it be more like "aaarrrgggghhh"? I guess pirate noises aren't as tasteful... 🤷
Bulaj
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Bulaj »

i choose rope as long as it's not too tight
Boundnwrapped
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Boundnwrapped »

I've always gone with tape
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic