One item's purpose different than how it was used?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
Solarbeast

One item's purpose different than how it was used?

Post by Solarbeast »

Let's take a look into our minds and explore how different we see the world. Has anyone come across an item and thought the item would be perfect for some bondage related idea you had? For example, I came across a dog toy the other day at Target and thought it would be perfect for a wrist restraint. This may also help some of us come up with new bondage related ideas.
Handsome Scoundrel
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Handsome Scoundrel »

I like where you are going with this. Dog squeaky toys are also great pressed in the bound hand for gagged captives who want to be released- a sort of safeword replacement. All the captive must do is press the toy to notify their rigger that they'd like to be released.
Male, 29, with a preference for ropes, tape, and cloth. I like to do the tying and am only interested in non-sexual bondage. If you'd like to chat, send me a private message sometime!
My avatar is the work of nightwrap79 (deviantart).[/url]
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Beautiful thread [mention]Solarbeast[/mention]
I'm surprised this hasn't been picked up by more members.

As a "vanilla" guy, I'm not into bondage toys and/or BDSM accessories.
That being said, I'm a hands-on type of guy and only go rope, tape and cloth when bondage is involved.
My dislike for dedicated bondage toys also helps shift my attention towards regular household items.

I still greatly enjoy the use of handcuffs, straitjackets and muzzles, since none of them were initially conceived for "bondage games". Prisoner/inmate restraining is no game. So those things still feel "hands-on" to me, even though they don't require any special skill (like ropework for example).

As far as household items go, of course, sleeping bags can be great for long term bondage.
Ratchet straps and camping cots can very easily be turned into a medical gurney type restraint.

Looking forward to reading what our other members come up with.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Tsuhaya
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tsuhaya »

Well... I've been tied up and contained in countless ways, although I don't have many years in bdsm. But the "weirdest" things that have been used for this: Electronic gadget cord, plastic bag, my clothes (classic?), My own cat's collar, and steel crane cables (my partner at the time owned a construction company, I spent 30 minutes hanging 5 meters (16 foot's) off the ground, dangerous but fun and well planned)

But overall I like the most "amateurish" things
Yes, it's me in the picture. What are you waiting for to tie me up and gag me?
Deleted User 1591

Post by Deleted User 1591 »

A small rubber dog ball, with a bandana threaded through the holes, makes an impressively restraining gag. You get all the silence and inability to spit out of a ball gag for a much smaller price.
boundsub
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by boundsub »

Also surprised more members aren't posting things that could be used for bondage.

Not really a fan of mass produced bondage toys either which you can buy in any kink shop such as those leather or Velcro cuffs. Some like them for their ease of use but I guess but as a sub I like my dom's to use a bit more creativity than that personally unless it's in conjunction with other restraints such as rope or tape. Also, like the feeling of getting tied up progressively, someone slapping on some cuffs doesn't do it for me personally...

I could write a whole paragraph about different purposes of various items in Home Depot but electric cords/ various gauges of wires, pipe brackets that you screw to the wall, sleeping bags, garden hoses, ratchet/ tie down straps are great things to pick up there. Contractor's probably know about other fun things as well :)

Other items that can be used beside rope and tape are seat belts, straps, medical gurney's and stretchers (somewhat hard to find and expensive), that netting used for Christmas trees (have wanted to be put through that thing and then tied to the roof by those cute helpers), Christmas tree lights if you're feeling festive around the holidays. Sports nets such as volleyball and tennis nets specifically, medical tape which makes a great gag but is also a bit expensive, bed sheets, clothing (underwear, ties, pants, soccer socks, jackets, etc...) saran wrap, tin foil, extra wide unscented dental floss; bondage was probably the most unconventional use for that I think. Athletic cups can be fashioned into a sporty gag as well and there's a few sites selling custom made ones.

Finally, I've seen expanding foam used for a very unique mummification scene online but I wouldn't recommend it since that stuff can burn the skin if it makes contact with it. Bondage is only limited by your imagination.
Last edited by boundsub 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
DeeperThanRed
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by DeeperThanRed »

Nice thread!

I've never used it but athletic cup+socks/underwear could make a fun gag in a sports setting.

Whatever I did use was my socks to gag myself (one for stuffing, other for cleave gag). It's hard to say whether I liked it or not.
25-year-old bondage enthusiast who likes cute guys, underwear, and bondage, preferably together.

You can reach my list of written work here: https://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38808#p38808
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

DeeperThanRed wrote: 5 years ago I've never used it but athletic cup+socks/underwear could make a fun gag in a sports setting.
Yes it can ;) I can personally attest to that.
One of the guys I fooled around with had an athletic cup gag and asked me to use it on him while he was tied up.
I was only too happy to oblige. The poor guy ended up spending a few hours gagged with my boxers and breathing into the thick wad of briefs bulging out of his spread lips. I didn't even need to tape them inside his mouth. The cup harness did a more-than-adequate job at keeping his mouth stuffed and smothering up his breathing.

Awh, fun times!
I really need to get one of those modified cup gags 8-)
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Johnny
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Johnny »

Small pillow cases make great hoods. Tent stakes for portable tie downs. Head bands for blind folds. Saran cling wrap can make for an inescapable mummification. Dog collars and leashes can be used on me too :roll: . A dish sponge is a highly effective gag! Of course so are jockstraps and socks ;) I always have so many ideas walking through the local super market. :P
Kik: johnnygmmy
Solarbeast

Post by Solarbeast »

bump to see if anyone is still interested in this topic.
Sheriff
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Sheriff »

Sport's bandage is a good alternative to bondage tape. I also once used some plastic piping to make a spreader bar.
Hands behind your back....

See what I'm up to on my blog! http://www.sheriffofknots.com/
Fesselfan
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Fesselfan »

The hardware/household store beats any sex store by ages!
And not only the obvious stuff...like ropes and tape.

Bicycle air tubes and cargo belts make great improvised restraints

If you think big:
My selfmade bondage frame...with hammock disguise :D Completely out of "harmless" stuff

Cheers

FF
Rope is the sexiest lingerie. And there is only one thing better than rope- even more rope.
Sheriff
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Sheriff »

[mention]Fesselfan[/mention]

First of all, 100% agree, hardware and even pet stores are gold mines for restraints.

Second, oh wow is the disguise for that frame a great idea, I'm definitely gonna use that!

Finally, love the ropework in your display picture :)
Hands behind your back....

See what I'm up to on my blog! http://www.sheriffofknots.com/
fratboydanny
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by fratboydanny »

To add to the clothing suggestions, what about belts, ties, BANDANNAS, plain white handkerchiefs? And, for sporting goods, a lacrosse net would be perfect.
Fesselfan
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Fesselfan »

chris wrote: 5 years ago @Fesselfan

First of all, 100% agree, hardware and even pet stores are gold mines for restraints.

Second, oh wow is the disguise for that frame a great idea, I'm definitely gonna use that!

Finally, love the ropework in your display picture :)
The limit is only your imagination...creativity...and your own taste :D Reminds me that I had just recently posted a DIY about homemade ballgags...
http://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1411

second...feel free to use the idea for yourself ;) As a nice surplus...the hammock is very comfortable; actually, when not working in the office, I often fetch my notebook and work, well, in that hammock :D

And third...thanks :) You can see some more of it in my pic post (http://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1410) and/or ask me about my flickr and DA sites:)

Cheers

FF
Rope is the sexiest lingerie. And there is only one thing better than rope- even more rope.
TapeBondage123
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TapeBondage123 »

I'm kind of digging up an old thread here but some items I have used are a cot, there's numerous holes along the sides and along the bottom and top where you can mount cuffs, rope, etc., pvc pipe mounted vertically to hold a roll of tape so I can tape my hands behind my back and ratchet straps. The straps that I have are very strong and only loosen up when you hit the tab on the latch.
Duct tape will fix that cut under your nose.
TheBaconDude
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by TheBaconDude »

As this is a site mostly about stories, I’m quite sure necroposting is fine.

I’ve personally tried to use socks as a gag before. Not sure if I liked it though :D
My house also has these cloths that we use to tie our curtains, and those seemed to be a nice soft alternative to rope. Most long, soft things are I think :lol:
A person that is in bondage, relaxed; is like a statue that is without wax. -Somebody
David Han
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by David Han »

Yarn to tie the toes.
Tie me up and have fun with me
Straitjacketed
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Straitjacketed »

I’ve always liked the idea of heavy-duty clothing - industrial/fishing raingear, motorcycle kit, boxing equipment, diving gear, etc - becoming part of someone’s imprisonment. Examples include drawstring hoods pulled right as a means of blindfolding someone, heavy gloves/gauntlets immobilising fingers, helmets adding a layer of security over gags...

Perhaps the ultimate is the mummy-style sleeping bag reconfigured for restraint.

If M/M overkill bondage in stupidly excessive amounts of gear is your thing as well as mine, here's a list of my TUG stories.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic