M/M READER PREFERENCES (SURVEY RESULTS)

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

For the last four months, readers of M/M stories on this board has been sharing their reading preferences with each other by participating on the M/M STORY SCENARIO SURVEY

The survey questionnaire is composed of 20 character-based dynamics normally found in stories on this forum.
Those answering the survey were asked to vote for the five (5) options they were most prone to enjoying.

I've compiled the 230 votes left by the 46 poll respondents.
Here are the results:

Obviously, these results are to be taken with a grain of salt.
For the vast majority of the polled audience, most of these character-based dynamics can work.
Ex: Depending on the storyline and plot, a story that features relatively "unpopular" character dynamics can easily outperform a story that features a more popular dynamic.

These results merely point at where the M/M readers are at in terms of preferences and favourites.
Most answerers would have voted for more than five options given the option to do so. Some options (Ex: Protagonist vs Cousin) got the shorter end of the stick, simply for being the potential 6th or 7th answer).

The chart is self-explanatory.

PROTAGONIST VS BROTHER(S)/STEPBROTHER(S) unsurprisingly comes out on top with 28 combined votes.

RED results were options rated as being VERY POPULAR
These included PROTAGONIST VS BROTHER(S)/STEPBROTHER(S), PROTAGONIST VS ROOMMATE(S), PROTAGONIST VS KIDNAPPER(S) and PROTAGONIST VS FRIEND(S)

ORANGE results were options rated as being POPULAR
These included PROTAGONIST VS DAD/STEPDAD, PROTAGONIST VS TEAMMATE(S), PROTAGONIST VS RIVAL(S), PROTAGONIST VS LOVER and PROTAGONIST VS FRIEND'S OLDER BROTHER(S)

DARK YELLOW results were options rated as being MODERATELY POPULAR
These included PROTAGONIST VS FRIEND'S DAD, PROTAGONIST VS POLICE/SWAT/SOLDIER(S) and PROTAGONIST VS COACH/INSTRUCTOR

If you've not voted on the survey yet, take a couple minutes to do so.
Depending on the number of additional respondents we get, I'll be updated the survey results every few months to reflect the M/M readership's latest trends and preferences.

SPECIAL THANKS TO: [mention]socjuc[/mention] [mention]Volobond[/mention] [mention]DeeperThanRed[/mention] [mention]Socksbound[/mention] [mention]Pup Wingletang[/mention] [mention]ShadowHusky[/mention] [mention]Sniffmyfeet[/mention] [mention]CorbD91[/mention] [mention]Mitchelaiden[/mention] [mention]gaggedfeety[/mention] [mention]CrownedLoy76[/mention] [mention]squirrel[/mention] [mention]Tsuhaya[/mention] [mention]Bandanasandrope[/mention] [mention]cj2125[/mention] [mention]cherryboy[/mention] [mention]Jason07[/mention] [mention]Sockgaggedman[/mention] [mention]DomTiesMen[/mention] [mention]Stoutland395[/mention] [mention]wataru14[/mention] [mention]Pup[/mention] [mention]Ossassin[/mention] [mention]MountainMan_91[/mention] [mention]smushboy[/mention] [mention]4toes[/mention] [mention]FelixSH[/mention] [mention]Likho[/mention] [mention]harveygasson[/mention] [mention]sniffingyoursocks[/mention] [mention]Terry[/mention] [mention]OrdinaryWorld[/mention] [mention]DeanSummer24[/mention] [mention]KidnappedCowboy[/mention] [mention]Red86[/mention] [mention]ShortSocks[/mention] [mention]chloroboy[/mention] [mention]Killua[/mention] [mention]Msueta@2[/mention] [mention]BDBrit[/mention] and [mention]TayDay95[/mention] for having contributed to the survey.

Last edited by bondagefreak 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Sockgaggedman
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Sockgaggedman »

Wow, very interesting! Great job!

I think I singlehandely raised the Dad / Step-dad/ Friend's dad votes a bit

But, can you blame me? When I'm confronted with such handsome and muscular dads coming from [mention]bondagefreak[/mention] and [mention]squirrel[/mention] stories I can't help but get on my knees and submit to every word they say!
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

[mention]Sockgaggedman[/mention] Actually, your individual impact on the poll (as well as mine and everyone else's) was quite minimal.

It's not as though you were allowed to stack all five of your answers on the same option.
So in the case of "Protagonist vs Dad/Stepdad" for example, you were only one of the 16 respondents who chose that as being a favourite.

You are definitely not alone, my friend.
There is a high demand for stories featuring this character dynamic.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Terry
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Terry »

I gave one vote for "Other" as well as explained what I meant for that.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Terry wrote: 3 years ago I gave one vote for "Other" as well as explained what I meant for that.
I'm well aware of that, my friend.

The vote you're talking about is shown in the form of the single vote given to the "Protagonist Vs Non-Human" category.
I went about the tallying process quite meticulously, I assure you.
KidnappedCowboy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by KidnappedCowboy »

Thanks [mention]bondagefreak[/mention]! :)
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

No problem [mention]KidnappedCowboy[/mention] 8-)
It was quite fun and also somewhat educational to tabulate the answers you guys left on the survey.

Gives authors like you and me a good idea of where the readership is at in terms of character-role preferences.
While some of the options came out pretty far out on top, I think it's pretty clear that there's an appetite for a lot of genres on this board.
Even more so considering most of the respondents (probably yourself included) would have chosen more than five options had that been allowed.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic