TUG noob here. Curious about what some of the stuff I see online actually does.

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
randomspam
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

TUG noob here. Curious about what some of the stuff I see online actually does.

Post by randomspam »

I've been wanting to ask about this for a long time, at the risk of looking kinda stupid.

1. What does tying someone above/below the knees do? I'd assume that it makes struggling your ankles harder but I'm not confident on that. Is tying someone up in only one these spots more effective than the other? Is my guess just completely wrong and tying someone at the knees doesn't really do anything at all?

2. Sometimes I see captives tied up at the thighs. This one is just aesthetics right?

3. Does crossing captives wrists/ankles make it harder to escape?

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of bondage experience irl. I don't really have anything around my house that I can use for a test. Again, sorry if these are stupid questions, I'm new to this stuff.
ExcessivelyCurious
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by ExcessivelyCurious »

Someone else can probably give you better answers, but my general take:

In a way, everything helps. The more parts you bind, the less someone can move, the less likely they are to escape. Tying the knees does definitely make movement harder. Now granted as long as you can stand up and keep your balance you can still kind of hop around, but that's why you tie somebody to something, or use a position like a hogtie or frogtie.

Crossing wrists does make it harder to escape, yeah. One "rule" of making possibly-inescapable bondage is making sure they can't reach any knots. Equally, you don't want them to manage to squeeze their hands through any gaps they can muster. And I suppose, if you do manage to find a tool to help escape, it'll make that harder to use too.
Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Kyle »

1. It makes you feel slightly more tightly restrained. Not really much of a difference, but it does cut down on being able to move the feet slightly more and is a bit more restrictive. It could theoretically lower the chances of the bound person being able to grab something between their legs to cut themselves free. I'd say if you were tying around the knees and could only choose one, tie below them. The feet are really what you want to stay immobilized, so the lower the better.

2. More or less the same as tying the knees, but I would guess it's even more likely to be aesthetic. That said, everything does help, just a little.

3. Most people will tell you yes, but in my experience, it usually makes it easier to escape, especially from duct tape. Unless the restraint is tied VERY tight, you can often turn your wrists and gain some more wiggle room. I suppose with rope, there are some ways of winding the rope around between the wrists which would negate this. More than anything, I think it's just more natural to cross the wrists if you put your hands behind your back.
Silver_noro
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Silver_noro »

rope-bunny here!😂😂😂

1. having my knees tied above and below make my escape attempt a lot harder because I can't go low and spread out my legs to balance my self when I try to hop around.
Sometimes, the ropes tied under the knees could slip down.

2. not necessary but every rope help to restrain the sub ehehehe.

3. you are correct, especially with crossed ankles, you can't even stand up if your captor cross ties your ankles.
faye2013

Post by faye2013 »

randomspam wrote: 2 years ago I've been wanting to ask about this for a long time, at the risk of looking kinda stupid.

1. What does tying someone above/below the knees do? I'd assume that it makes struggling your ankles harder but I'm not confident on that. Is tying someone up in only one these spots more effective than the other? Is my guess just completely wrong and tying someone at the knees doesn't really do anything at all?

2. Sometimes I see captives tied up at the thighs. This one is just aesthetics right?

3. Does crossing captives wrists/ankles make it harder to escape?

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of bondage experience irl. I don't really have anything around my house that I can use for a test. Again, sorry if these are stupid questions, I'm new to this stuff.

Tying someone above or below the knees definitely helps them keep there legs more snug and bound together so it makes it harder to escape 😊

I've been tied at the thighs before but since I'm chubby it rolls down 😅 so for me it doesn't so much but again it's just so it makes it harder to escape

I don't have my wrists crossed or my ankles but I know my boyfriend crosses his ankles when I'm tying his legs. I think as well as it being another feature not to escape I think it's also comfortable for him .

Don't hesitate if you want to message me if you have any more questions or just want a chat 😊
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

Usually, tying the wrists and ankles is sufficient. Ropes around the thighs and calves don't do much, as the legs get wider from the ankles up, and if tied with rope, the rope can be easily pushed down, even if cinched. Duct tape is a little more difficult, but can be done with a little effort.

Hog tying your captive presents an additional degree of difficulty, but escape is possible, and depending on the knot tying skill of the captor, can range from "easy," to "next to impossible."

As for crossing the wrists, I recommend it. If the hands are tied back to back, or palm to palm, the captive gets a slight bit of extra slack, and that could, or might be the difference between him/her being able to slide the tied hands under the butt, and not being able to do it.

But even with crossed wrists, some of those with slender builds can get their tied hands under their butts, untie their feet, pull down their gags, and untie their hands with their teeth. The rule of thumb, is that to do this, the pant length (inseam) must be at least four inches longer than the waist size. The greater the difference, the easier it is.

Just wrapping a rope around the upper arms doesn't do much, ad it can be shrugged off fairly easily. But cinching it between the arms and the chest helps prevent that.

Boys tend to more limber and agile, particularly between the ages of 11 and 15, when that "teenage growth spurt" hits. I've known 14 year olds that were not much bigger than 10 year olds, and 12 year olds that were a head taller.

Also note that women and men are different. As women mature, their hips widen, and while one might have a 26 inch waist and a 32 inch inseam, if she is 34 inches at the hips, she will have trouble getting her hands under her butt.

Drawscore
Last edited by drawscore 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Dpsiic
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Dpsiic »

Some great answers here @randomspam. Never be embarrassed about asking questions, it’s how we learn and this is a friendly forum for like minded people.
Lucky Lottie
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Lucky Lottie »

Firstly, it's never stupid to ask questions. We all started somewhere and you're just getting to the good bit :D

I'm definitely no expert on this but from personal experience I've found...

1- If you tie the knees you drop the chances of escape greatly. Rolling around becomes much harder, as does vertical support ie. it's easier to get out when you're able to sit or crouch upright. Specifically tying above and below the knees is done for (in my opinion) two reasons: One, you avoid putting pressure onto the soft area behind the knee, the kneecap is also avoided. Two, they work well in tandem. Having a rope below the knees stops most of the movement in the leg area, the issue is that humans are jiggly and if you have enough movement in your thigh area you can cause the rope to move by pulling your legs together and apart repeatedly. Gravity helps a bunch so if you're upside-down you only realistically need the under knee tie. The top rope is to stop upper leg movement and is harder to move because the knee prevents it from slipping down. The real reason you see both is because it's ascetically pleasing.

2- If it's just a thigh tie and nothing else it's normally a form of rope degradation. You make the sub hobble around much to everyone's enjoyment (I may have been tied like this a few times). In suspensions it's done to distribute the weight evenly. In ties where the leg is folded it's relevant ie. ankle to thigh. Beyond that it really is just ascetics, it can fall down if too loose and ties at the knees are more than suitable.

3- In my experience crossing the wrists and ankles is done for ascetic purposes or to keep subs comfortable. It's rare to see a crossed wrist with an elbow tie, likewise crossed ankles with knees tied. It's a far more comfortable position for a hogtie and generally puts less strain on joints. Standing up might be a tad harder but getting out of wrist ties is objectively easier. You can test this easily without any rope. Cross your wrist in front of you and see how much access one hand has to the other. The only way this can't happen is with palms facing out, even then if you try it with your arms behind you it causes a not so nice twist in your arm. It'll either hurt like hell or you'll manage to turn your wrist in the ties anyway. That's not to say you can get out it's just a degree of difficulty easier. Hands tied together (not crossed) palm to palm is far harder to do anything with, and palms out is just mean :twisted:

Again just my two cents from personal experience. Hope it helps :D
In her natural habitat is:
-Giddy when approached
-Passive when suspended
-Bratty when loose
-Obedient when cuddled
-Cheeky when gagged
-Truly happy when tickled
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Well, [mention]randomspam[/mention], it just goes to prove that there's no such thing as a silly question.
I'm pretty sure that the answers will be relevant to other members as well, so thanks for asking it.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic