Rope ends

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
honourthechapter1775

Rope ends

Post by honourthechapter1775 »

I'm not sure if anyone on here will find this of any use or interest but I'll post it below anyway and see if anyone gets some use out of it. I certainly know I did.

https://pmags.com/quick-tip-burning-end-of-cord
RopeBunny
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by RopeBunny »

I've seen this done, along with the ropes having the length (in metres) written as a number at one end.

The burnt ends look very tidy.

A good tip, hats off to you for finding it, and for sharing.
captured_prize
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by captured_prize »

I might have to try this in the future. Thank you for posting this!
Just your average crossdressing damsel in distress...

Check out my story here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20583
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

[mention]honourthechapter1775[/mention] I assume you know that the site you got this from is a camping/outdoor site that gives tips and pointers about the caring of associated equipment. The rope used for climbing & camping is typically synthetic, hence why the advice given is to melt the ends. The rope used by most bondage-enthusiasts, however, is made of cotton or hemp.

If your rope is natural fibre and you're looking to start a fire or burn your house down, then following the above-linked instructions is great way to achieve that ;)

On a more serious note, if you're using densely-braided cotton/hemp rope, you'll most likely wanna use twine or duct/gaffer tape to keep the ends neat.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Nexus
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nexus »

Yeah I generally wrap my rope ends in duct tape, then apply heat to THAT to create a melted, unfrayable, neat rope end.
honourthechapter1775

Don't worry about me burning my house down I did it next to the sink encase there were any accidents but generally it seems like a safe and effective method of widdling down the rope ends. I have tried taping the ends up which works as well but not as good as burning them is.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Your reply leads me to believe that you haven't grasped a single word I said.

I'm not worried about you burning your house down. I'm worried about some unfortunate fool coming on here, seeing this thread and trying this stuff on natural fibre rope. Aka: a very flammable substance.

honourthechapter1775 wrote: 2 years ago Don't worry about me burning my house down I did it next to the sink encase there were any accidents but generally it seems like a safe and effective method of widdling down the rope ends. I have tried taping the ends up which works as well but not as good as burning them is.
I really feel like I'm talking to a wall here, but I must again point out that although there is no risk associated with melting synthetic/plastic/polyester rope like yours, many (if not most) members here use cotton or hemp rope.
You can't melt & merge natural fibre. The only thing that'll happen is that it'll catch on fire.

The advice you are sharing (via the link) is not intended for the sort of rope that's normally used for bondage.
You should add a disclaimer to your original post with the mention that the advice being shared is only for synthetic rope.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

honourthechapter1775

I am capable of understanding your very rude comment thank you and it you think this thread is so dangerous then have it deleted it you like but there is no need to be so bloody rude about it.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

What's so rude about it? He is advising caution about recommending this article to people who may use highly flammable rope, which is a large portion of this community. Bondage safe rope does not have fire proof protection, and if some user sees this article and tries this on said rope, it will put them in a dangerous situation.

It's a good idea for campers, but not so much for bondage enthusiasts.
MtnReign
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by MtnReign »

bondagefreak wrote: 2 years ago @honourthechapter1775 I assume you know that the site you got this from is a camping/outdoor site that gives tips and pointers about the caring of associated equipment. The rope used for climbing & camping is typically synthetic, hence why the advice given is to melt the ends. The rope used by most bondage-enthusiasts, however, is made of cotton or hemp.

If your rope is natural fibre and you're looking to start a fire or burn your house down, then following the above-linked instructions is great way to achieve that ;)

On a more serious note, if you're using densely-braided cotton/hemp rope, you'll most likely wanna use twine or duct/gaffer tape to keep the ends neat.
Great advice, learned how to whip and fuse rope a long time ago in Scouts. Gaffer tape or even electrical has worked for me, twine would be interesting though.
sami200456boyfriend
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by sami200456boyfriend »

I might try it.
GirlBondage
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by GirlBondage »

I use cotton rope and do it with twine like on the linked page. It's in German but the three pictures explain it all by themselves.
This holds better than plastic sleeves or tape and looks great : )

Tie off the rope ends
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

Burning the ends works well for paracord, but for cotton or hemp, not so much. Also, if you do burn the ends of paracord, be careful. That melting nylon can give you a painful burn if it drops on your skin.

Drawscore
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic