Public bondage

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
David Han
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Public bondage

Post by David Han »

Why aren’t there bondage in public? When I was a kid, being cuffed to a lamp post was the norm, or being tied to a tree in a public park. Is there laws saying you can’t in public.
Tie me up and have fun with me
cj2125

Post by cj2125 »

[mention]David Han[/mention] Would love to hear those stories!

There is no law that I am aware of (at least in the USA), there might be thigns like indecent exsposure if the person is wearing too little or disturbing of peace but as long as they are willin participants, they shouldn't get in trouble. In fact I've seen plenty of videos of youtube of people being tied up in public as part of a prank, challenge or just fooling around
boundsub
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by boundsub »

I would warn against doing public bondage for a number of reasons unless it's at a kink festival or in a secluded area like a forest preserve...

There are indecent exposure laws in the US and of course unwritten rules about the use of public space. In many suburban areas there also neighborhood watch groups and/ or extremely vigilant individuals who will call the police over any "suspicious" activity...

Even though prank videos are mostly made in jest I remember hearing about a story of teenagers getting a citation of some sort when they were duct taping a guy to a street lamp in front of their own house when someone called the police on them. The caller thought the kid getting taped was getting bullied or mugged by a "gang".

Also, the laws can extend to public institutions as well. Many universities have strict policies on hazing. Some college kids at a Big Ten university who taped their friend to a chair in his underwear and put him in an elevator inside their dorm and posted it to YouTube were all sent to the dean's office, parent's were called, the video poster nearly got expelled, etc... Not fun consequences.

I think legal consequences are one of the main reasons there isn't that much public bondage. Aside from that it would be extremely embarrassing to get caught; at least for those not into exhibitionism or risky situations. I have my fantasies of getting tied up in the woods or kidnapped by a bunch of soccer players and tied to the goal on the field and such but the risk of trying these out in real life is just not worth it IMO. Especially considering how some police have recently been responding to suspicious activity or individuals in the US.

BTW, I'm curious when you mentioned getting tied to trees in parks and handcuffed to lamp posts was the norm growing up. I'm guessing you grew up in different times than recent decades. These days a parent or a concerned adult who watches too much news will usually come over and put a stop to that. Adults engaging in public bondage would probably have some explaining to do to a police officer(s).
Last edited by boundsub 5 years ago, edited 5 times in total.
Fordman
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Fordman »

We often say things are different now when they’re not, but as [mention]boundsub[/mention] stated, I think they truly are when it comes to TUG’s.

When I was a kid in the 1960’s and 70’s we were outside all day during the summer with the only instruction to be home when the streetlights came on. There were about 15 kids on my block, both boys and girls, and we knew every family. Most women did not work outside the home and there was a collective parenting effort.

We played many games, some involved TUG’s, and they were all done in public with the knowledge of adults. A couple of times a mother would step in to offer additional binding materials or a tip on securing a prisoner to a tree or clothesline pole, and on a few rare occasions became participants. The attitude of adults was, as long as no one was getting hurt, let the kids play. I also don’t think our group was unique, because every time I was introduced to new kids, they were no strangers to tie-up games.

Those of us from that era might say it was a golden age. There was still a feeling of innocents to the world, and that innocents was depicted on the still relatively new medium of television. Programs of the day showed Hollywood’s version of normal family life, and that included TUG’s. Either kids tying kids, or more commonly kids tying adults, in various playful scenarios. We would have undoubtedly come to playing tie-up games on our own, but television seemed to lend an additional legitimacy to the activity. (It’s fun to still see the occasional good-humored TUG on youth oriented TV shows)

I don’t know what’s changed today, but something surely has. I know there are kids in my neighborhood but I hardly ever see them. My next door neighbor put a trampoline in his backyard a couple years ago and his kids have used it maybe 3 or 4 times. I’m not an expert on what young people do for fun these days since the youngest members in my family are college graduates, but from my extended perspective there seems to have been a dramatic shift in the activity of play.
Chloe Badelaine
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Chloe Badelaine »

Here in france it could cost you jail and/or a fine. It's called "indecent exposure and if a minor sees you its even worse as it turns into minors incitement to debauchery.
I believe now is the time that you tie me up ? But i think that you are going to need much much more rope mon cher...
Handsome Scoundrel
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Handsome Scoundrel »

I guarantee if you do it for charity, no one will complain. It's all about context, find a way to make it something that is good beyond being a bondage experience.
Male, 29, with a preference for ropes, tape, and cloth. I like to do the tying and am only interested in non-sexual bondage. If you'd like to chat, send me a private message sometime!
My avatar is the work of nightwrap79 (deviantart).[/url]
Fesselfan
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Fesselfan »

About the juristical aspecs...as often, it heavily depends about the country you are in.
Having said that, I have over the years done several bondage or bondage-related things in more or less public..IMHO, you need to take care that no one is really offended about it or forced to watch it.
Things I have done include:

-Tying up a victim in more-or-less hidden places in the woods (usually, no one comes around...but it could happen)
-Performing a bondage at a BDSM related party, munch or convention (of course, here the spectators don't mind :D)
-Together with some others...doing a bondage picnic right in the middle of a public park (strangeley, if you would just do it alone with your partner, people might assume a crime or whatever...in a big group, no one cares...)
-hidden bondage under my subs clothes when going out
-putting collar&leash on my sub and walking together with her right through a tourist spot, leading her on her leash (interesting how a lot of men watched us jealously when they thought their wifes didn't notice)

Perhaps have forgotten the one or other thing...but I think you get the idea.

Cheers

FF
Rope is the sexiest lingerie. And there is only one thing better than rope- even more rope.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic