Escape rooms with tying up players

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
FoxOne
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Escape rooms with tying up players

Post by FoxOne »

Inspired by similar topic but about tying up players in video games I'd love to ask you if you know some escape rooms where you get tied up, handcuffed or gagged at the beginning.

I know there is The Great Escape Game in the Sheffield. There's Abducted room where they blindfold you and zip tie your hands. Before covid they also used to handcuff (even behind their back) and tape gag players. You can know it because they are posting pictures of the teams during a game on Facebook.

If you know similar rooms (especially ones taking such pics) let me know what they are called and where they are!

I'm also curious if there are rooms where you have to "sacrifice" some or one of your teammates - I mean, where you have to handcuff, tie up and/or gag your teammate(s) mid-game in order to make progress. I know there were some fictional stories of such games posted here but... it'd be interesting to take part in something like that :twisted:
Terry
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Terry »

Not aware of this but sounds fun. Am familiar with Escape Rooms. The Crystal Maze has sort of Escape Room challenges also and if you fail within a certain amount of time, you stay locked in. Nothing I am aware of what include tie ups though.
Damsel-Dilara-Dee
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Damsel-Dilara-Dee »

I find this fascinating because it's not too far off from the kidnapping services (like Extreme kidnapping etc) posted here, where people are willingly constrained and roleplay a TUG, though of course that is not the intent and it's not as spontaneous and doesn't last as long.
Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Kyle »

I've heard of them using handcuffs for prison themes. That's about it. The way I understand it is they're meant to test your thinking skills, not physical escape ability.
DuctTapeSilence
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by DuctTapeSilence »

I think that would be an awesome addition to an escape room. The only escape room I have done was the Saw themed one in Vegas. I had a hard enough time with that one without being tied up :lol:
Duct tape can't fix every problem, but it can muffle the sound.
FoxOne
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by FoxOne »

Kyle wrote: 1 year ago I've heard of them using handcuffs for prison themes. That's about it. The way I understand it is they're meant to test your thinking skills, not physical escape ability.
Yeah, that's right. The most probable escape rooms like that are prison or kidnap themes where is quite obvious you may be handcuffed or restrained some way. I am more curious however about those that are not such obvious. Like "The Sinister Sensorium" (which has been closed) in Manila in the Philippines where some players were blindfolded, some were wearing noise cancelling headphones and some were even gagged. Especially maybe there is somewhere ER with mentioned "sacrifice". You never know if there's something we may enjoy even more...
DuctTapeSilence wrote: 1 year ago I think that would be an awesome addition to an escape room. The only escape room I have done was the Saw themed one in Vegas. I had a hard enough time with that one without being tied up :lol:
That could be some hard mode then! :twisted:
abcdefsmith3
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by abcdefsmith3 »

Last year I played one of the Great Escape rooms in Sheffield where there was a small metal gate you had to crawl through to get through to this small crawl space with no other exit. Whilst everyone was in the other main big room looking for clues, I crawled in the small space and re-closed the gate door, shutting myself in this enclosed space and pretended to look for some clues in there. It turned out to be a dud area. But it felt so good the feeling of helplessness with such little light. The benefit was I could re open the gate whenever I wanted!
Handgagger17
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Handgagger17 »

Not many, but some specific Escape Rooms with a Kidnapped, abduction, or hostage theme will work with you on special requests.
Myself and a few friends were able to start a kidnapped escape themed room, with our hands cuffed, and different gags applied.
However, many other similar themed rooms in places reject the request due to liability reasons, but a few I have found when you work with him and sign waivers, will let you start with some form of handcuffs or restraint, and movie style gags like duck tape or bandannas.
There’s a kidnapped escape room in college station Texas that does so if you reach out in advance regarding the special request, and play them off as movie style starting points,
There’s another one in Escape The basement which is a Kidnapped theme escape room in Galveston Texas. just have to reach out and articulate your request and be willing to sign waivers on everything.
Sincerely,
Katievick24
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Katievick24 »

Speaking on the kidnapping services, are there any sites for those? Don’t think I’d ever sign up and pay for it but I’d love to read through what one of these services say about a kidnapping and bondage experience
Reidy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Reidy »

Katievick24 wrote: 10 months ago Speaking on the kidnapping services, are there any sites for those? Don’t think I’d ever sign up and pay for it but I’d love to read through what one of these services say about a kidnapping and bondage experience
I've seen such people advertise this on Fetlife but thats about it.
EngineeringEmily
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by EngineeringEmily »

I wish they had this in usa. I would totaly go
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic