Bondage in Books?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
Writer
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Bondage in Books?

Post by Writer »

I didn’t know whether or not this fit in this topic or “TUG Art” since technically books and literature could classify as art pieces. But wanted to see if I could start a thread about stories or written passages that introduced the world of TUGs or vivid tie up scenes without the need for visual artistic rendering.

For example, I remember reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. And (spoilers alert), near the end of the book, I vividly remember reading “the man started wounding tight cords around Harry” and even a mentioning of the man stuffing the wad of cloth in his mouth as he continued. Avid fans will realize that this scene differed (unfortunately) from the live action movie.

But yeah, does anyone else have any moments in literature that sparked your TUG fantasies?
Volobond
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Volobond »

Cliché of me, I know, but definitely the old Hardy Boys novels, which have a bondage session once a book, it seems, with a gag included. Number 4 in the series has the boys find their dad tied so tightly to a bed he can't move, and then they all get recaptured and the boys are tied to chairs as well. Mmm.

You can find my M/M stories here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38809#p38809
Shotrow
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Shotrow »

Lesee...

I remember liking one from one of the James Rollins books. I think it was Subterranean. Boy gets tied up by the bad guys, and I remember when he was trying to call for help, it was described as barely reaching his own ears. That details really conveyed a sense of helplessness.

There was a scene in The Prince and the Pauper where the prince gets tied up by a crazed ex-priest with a grudge against his father. I was really young when I read the book, so I may have misunderstood it, but there was a detail I thought was really odd. The way I understood it, instead of gagging him, the kidnapper used a strip of cloth under his chin to hold his jaw shut. That kind of took me out of it.

There was also the bit in Voyage of the Dawn Treader where everyone's captured by slavers, a few scenes in Peter Pan, and one of the Pern books.. think it was Dragonsdawn... where a woman gets hogtied by a criminal trying to escape the planet.

Wow, I used to be such an avid reader. Not sure when I started having trouble staying focused on anything longer than a few paragraphs. 😂

Thanks to Mineira1986 for the banner!

Check out my stories on deviantart: https://www.deviantart.com/shotrow
Nexus
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nexus »

In The Wheel of Time fantasy series, there are a number of bondage scenes (complete with gagging) sprinkled throughout the 14 books. My favourite is when a main character ends up hogtying and gagging a Queen (who he is a somewhat unwilling concubine to) and stuffing her under her bed in order for both of them to get away with some ruse. It even mentions how she smiles under her gag. I wrote it all out here on this board once a long time ago. A search may find it?
shyguy92
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by shyguy92 »

The Alex Rider series. Teen Bond gets tied up a lot.
Horowitz writes his protagonists tied up a lot, actually, even in other series I've read from him.
Not that I'm complaining! 8-)
CaptorDM
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by CaptorDM »

Writer wrote: 1 year ago
For example, I remember reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. And (spoilers alert), near the end of the book, I vividly remember reading “the man started wounding tight cords around Harry” and even a mentioning of the man stuffing the wad of cloth in his mouth as he continued. Avid fans will realize that this scene differed (unfortunately) from the live action movie.
If I remember correctly, in the Order of the Phoenix, all the main characters are gagged (and maybe their hands are bound?) by Umbridge and her goons. Ginny, Luna, Ron, Neville, and I think Hermione all get some gag talk.

Plenty of demigods are bound and gagged in the Percy Jackson & the Olympians books. Don't know how frequently they get tied up in any of the spinoffs, but there's usually one scene per book, on average, in the main two series.

I recently finished the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson (really good, btw). The main character, Vin, is tied up or shackled towards the end of the last book. There is an extended dialogue between her and her captor explaining why she should have been gagged, but the captor opted not to.
(I decided to remedy the situation and had this https://www.deviantart.com/skygiratina0 ... -884127493 commissioned)
DamselnDragon on deviantart.
Quintus09

Post by Quintus09 »

I read the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings then unknowing read Dancer of GOR. There's sex in it but some.of the tie up descriptions are.awesome!
Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Kyle »

A fair number of Hardy Boys books had the brothers or other characters tied up relatively often. I read abridged versions of some old "classic" books on occasion, and a few had scenes with characters tied up, with illustrations to help. I used to check out those Choose Your Own Adventure books from the library which sometimes had scenes (often bad endings, though not always) where your own character might get tied up, or sometimes other characters (NPCs?).

But if there's two specific books I can say had a huge influence, it was one of the Fear Street spinoffs, Silent Night (possibly Silent Night 2, I'd have to double check). Kidnappers target a rich girl for ransom but because they're amateur crooks and completely incompetent, end up snatching her cousin instead. Anyway, there's a pretty good description of her tied up, gagged, and blindfolded, in a fairly realistic way compared to what you usually read in kids' books.

The second is a book called The Kidnapping of Suzie Q. The titular character gets kidnapped in a robbery gone wrong and there's some good descriptions of how she's tied up for a while, in first-person so you can tell exactly what she thinks and feels, and her struggles with trying to escape and being unable to for a while. The cover even had a nice picture of her tied up with a gag tied over her mouth, which is in fact slightly different than how she's actually tied up in the story.
Ebascoray
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Ebascoray »

Folks: How about this book, which I found out about on this site, several years ago: "The Solid Gold Kid." Written by Norma Fox Mazer and Harry Mazer. The sub-title above the main title says this: "He's a rich kid with a price on his head. Will he have to pay with his life?" You might even enjoy the illustration on the front cover! ;) Enjoy reading this book!

Ebascoray
captured_prize
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by captured_prize »

Ebascoray wrote: 1 year ago Folks: How about this book, which I found out about on this site, several years ago: "The Solid Gold Kid." Written by Norma Fox Mazer and Harry Mazer. The sub-title above the main title says this: "He's a rich kid with a price on his head. Will he have to pay with his life?" You might even enjoy the illustration on the front cover! ;) Enjoy reading this book!

Ebascoray
I read this book back in middle school. It's a good read and does an excellent job describing a kidnapping experience. As Ebascoray said, check out the cover. I know it caught my attention when I first saw it!

The "Choose Your Own Adventure" books also had some great illustrations of tie-up scenes. Some noteable ones I remember are from the books "Vanished", "The Terrorist Trap", and "Daredevil Park".
Just your average crossdressing damsel in distress...

Check out my story here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20583
sami200456boyfriend
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by sami200456boyfriend »

THE HARDY BOYS ARE ALWAYS THE BEST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic