Anchor points in a home.

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
illest
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Anchor points in a home.

Post by illest »

What would be the best way to go about this? It wouldn't be for full body suspension but partial suspension in the loosest sense, like tying ankles to a point or at the most like a chest harness. Possibly a wedgie in the mix..
Shotrow
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Shotrow »

If you like in a wood-framed house (I hear they're not as common in Europe), you could screw in some eye hooks into the studs or joists. If anyone asks, you can say they're to hang a hammock. I actually do hang a hammock in this way. The ones lower to the ground can be for anchoring furniture to keep it from tipping.

What I wish I could do is figure out a way to have a sturdy pole in the house. Only way I can think of is to have a heavy four-poster bed, which might work for your purposes as well.

Someone I talked to on discord came up with the idea of a long table that, when stood up on one end and leaned against the wall, becomes a kind of frame or St. Andrews cross. Though, now that I think about it, it would have to be designed pretty carefully so it can't tip forward and crush the sub as a result of their struggling.

Thanks to Mineira1986 for the banner!

Check out my stories on deviantart: https://www.deviantart.com/shotrow
illest
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by illest »

Shotrow wrote: 1 year ago If you like in a wood-framed house (I hear they're not as common in Europe), you could screw in some eye hooks into the studs or joists. If anyone asks, you can say they're to hang a hammock. I actually do hang a hammock in this way. The ones lower to the ground can be for anchoring furniture to keep it from tipping.

What I wish I could do is figure out a way to have a sturdy pole in the house. Only way I can think of is to have a heavy four-poster bed, which might work for your purposes as well.

Someone I talked to on discord came up with the idea of a long table that, when stood up on one end and leaned against the wall, becomes a kind of frame or St. Andrews cross. Though, now that I think about it, it would have to be designed pretty carefully so it can't tip forward and crush the sub as a result of their struggling.
Thanks for the feedback! The table idea in particular is a interesting thing to consider. I'd have to do more research as far as how that would work(safely).

When you mentioned the bed, the first thing that came to mind was a bunk bed I had during my college years. So many attachment points both above and below, probably the best bondage furniture I ever had. Had to do my sessions late in the evening and a couple of times pretend I was a heavy sleeper so the RA didn't catch the weird teenager with the dorm room to himself practicing quasi-suspension bondage with a bunkbed. Also wish I had a excuse to get one of those steel rolling laundry racks like maids and bellboys use as I see potential in those as well.
Shotrow
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Shotrow »

Here's a link to a blender sketch he made:

He pointed out that you could pile some weight onto the lower end to make it sturdier.

While I was digging it up, I was reminded of a similar idea I had for pole-tying based on a misunderstanding of his idea before we exchanged these sketches:

I figure it's unlikely to tip over with the sub/bottom standing on the structure itself, and if it does, they should be protected as long as there's enough space between the pole and the ground while the structure is in table mode. Bear in mind though that this is all theoretical and I haven't actually tried it in real life.

Thanks to Mineira1986 for the banner!

Check out my stories on deviantart: https://www.deviantart.com/shotrow
leconteur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by leconteur »

I am cautious about the integrity of these DIY anchor points with hand spun eye hooks. Be careful everyone about conducting suspension. It's not your grandfather's bondage lol
33/m/rope bunny Always willing to answer questions and provide guidance where it is requested.
ExcessivelyCurious
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by ExcessivelyCurious »

Yeah, I would be very careful about suspension points. Granted partial suspension is less intense, but still; human bodies weigh a fair deal and physics is a cruel mistress. If you do install such a point, find a way to test it (with an equivalent weight) without putting anyone at risk. Even without that, you could still end up causing damage to whatever you're trying to attach to.
leconteur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by leconteur »

ExcessivelyCurious wrote: 1 year ago Yeah, I would be very careful about suspension points. Granted partial suspension is less intense, but still; human bodies weigh a fair deal and physics is a cruel mistress. If you do install such a point, find a way to test it (with an equivalent weight) without putting anyone at risk. Even without that, you could still end up causing damage to whatever you're trying to attach to.
Precisely, you aren't hanging a plant, you are hanging something that could lead to a medical injury if you don't succeed. Like I say like a broken record, "seek someone who is a certified expert in suspensions if you want to learn how to do them. You cannot learn to do suspension safely by just watching videos."
33/m/rope bunny Always willing to answer questions and provide guidance where it is requested.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic