Writter block (kinda)

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
Reight
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Writter block (kinda)

Post by Reight »

I have tried several times to write Tug/did stories but most of the time i start with a hype/energy for the scenario i want to make but when i reach the part when the main character (s) must struggle to get free i get stuck there.

I start to feel that this way to describe the struggle doesn't make sense, or it is to much realistic or exagerated, that is someone else would readed it would be hard to imaged the scene and so.

So you guys have any advice of how do you write this parts of the stories? I have read some stories here in the forum and have liked them a lot, but when tried myself i can't manage to created that emotion.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

The inkitial surge of enthusiasm followed by an almost complete block is very familiar to me. I have many unfinished tales.
Personal opinions:
1) Take several walks, especially over the same course. Work through the plot in your head as you walk. You might find that collecting points round your walk will prompt you for what you have already "written". Things should flow from there.

THAT DOESN'T ALWAYS WORK!

2) Write what you have and leave it where you will see at least the titles often (A Collection of Laptop folders is useful for that.) Eventually, you might be prompted to continue. This works for me to a certain extent and I now have three previously abandoned tales underway again. It has been a long term strategy but I hope to start pasting one of them on Christmas day.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
Bigballgag1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Bigballgag1 »

I can certainly sympathise with that as i have been struggling with similar. I’ve not found a solution as yet other than to keep trying ideas and eventually one might click.

Much like @xtc mentions, my drafts page of the site is full of stories that have sounded a good idea at the time but then I either get bored with it or write myself into a corner.

Going off on a tangent slightly, One suggestion I have always wondered about is why can you not write multiple parts of the same story in the draft section without having to post the first section? Currently you can only link drafts to a submitted post (unless there is another way).

I’m just thinking this would help when you have an idea but you are not sure how it might play out yet and would avoid one part stories which get abandoned if there is not the enthusiasm or ideas to continue (I hold my hands up myself about this of course :lol: ).
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

Draw on your own experiences, or on the fantasies of experiences or memories of earlier days,
FelixSH
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by FelixSH »

My main tip is to not be a perfectionist. It does not matter, if people will think your description of a struggle is super realistic. I always have the fear of it not working, especially with long stories. But in the end, it mostly works out fine, and people enjoy it, even if it isn't super realistic. I actually asked in one of my stories, and got the answers that the people didn't care if it could work that way, it was just fun to read, which was enough. There is an amount of leeway here, you can't go of the rails completely, but in general, it will be fine. Don't forget, if you enjoy it, others will likely too.

Also, maybe you simply aren't interested in describing struggling? There are things in stories I simply don't do in mine, because they aren't too interesting to me. Sometimes, I even let out the description of how someone is tied up, because often enough, it's not interesting to me. And it might simply not be the focus of my story. Like, Roommate Wars isn't about how people are tied up, so I don't go into detail when talking about the process. The focus is on the interaction of the guys. I still want to make clear how stuck they are, but I simply can't come up with too much, when trying to describe someone struggling to not get tied, or whatever. How depends on the situation, of course.

But if you always get stuck at this specific part, the struggling after they are tied up, maybe this is something to keep short or leave out completely. There is no rule that says you have to include it here. People have to get tied up, that's all you need to have. Especially if you find the part before interesting and fun to write, simply ignore the struggling, or keep it short and simple. Focus on the other person, making fun of the tied one. Write about the thoughts of the tied person, instead of him trying to escape. Especially if there is no way for him/her to get free, and if that isn't even the focus of the story, just make it short or simply cut it completely. Write what is fun to you, not what you think a TUG story should have. I have written stories that include basically no struggling. It works.

Still, the main point is: Just write. Perfectionism is the enemy of creativity and fun. If it's not perfect, it isn't. If you enjoy reading it, others will likely too. Despite my rather narrow focus, I have always gotten at least one reaction to my stories. And if not, I still had fun writing it. Don't think too much about your readers. Your main focus is you, and how much fun you have writing, and thinking about your story. Readers are, in the end, just a bonus. And yeah, I know very well that having an audience is a strong motivator, and if I have readers, I am generally more willing to write more. But in general, I write because it's fun. No matter, if others will have fun with it, too.

Provided by bondagefreak
Click on the banner to get to the story

For more of my stories, click here.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

FelixSH wrote: 1 year ago Still, the main point is: Just write. Perfectionism is the enemy of creativity and fun. If it's not perfect, it isn't. If you enjoy reading it, others will likely too. Despite my rather narrow focus, I have always gotten at least one reaction to my stories. And if not, I still had fun writing it. Don't think too much about your readers. Your main focus is you, and how much fun you have writing, and thinking about your story. Readers are, in the end, just a bonus. And yeah, I know very well that having an audience is a strong motivator, and if I have readers, I am generally more willing to write more. But in general, I write because it's fun. No matter, if others will have fun with it, too.
Bingo! All of the points brought up in this thread are valid and relevant, but if I was to add my two cents, it would mirror [mention]FelixSH[/mention]'s post.

[mention]Reight[/mention] The key is to 1) have faith in yourself and 2) enjoy what you're writing.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic