Microsoft Edge reading stories aloud

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
Kas
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Microsoft Edge reading stories aloud

Post by Kas »

So of all browsers Microsoft Edge has a READ ALOUD function. It is pretty decent for an artificial voice. My coworker (also in IT) showed it to me. I definitely sometimes tie myself up and listen through a story, truly trying to put myself in the place of the victim. I just slip in headphones and drift away into subspace.

I wanted to be sure to share in case anybody else would like to listen to some of the stories
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

I use that function, not to read stories, but to proofread my chapters before publishing.
Prevents 99% of typos from making it into published chapters. Been using that feature for about a year now. Very useful.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Kas
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Kas »

And it is shockingly a decent browser, well done
Terry
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Terry »

Think Chrome does that also. You can highlight a bunch of text and a speaker icon appears, which you can click for it to read the text aloud. Not found out yet how to change the robot voice though.
Detective-Gag
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Detective-Gag »

Kas wrote: 1 year ago So of all browsers Microsoft Edge has a READ ALOUD function. It is pretty decent for an artificial voice. My coworker (also in IT) showed it to me. I definitely sometimes tie myself up and listen through a story, truly trying to put myself in the place of the victim. I just slip in headphones and drift away into subspace.

I wanted to be sure to share in case anybody else would like to listen to some of the stories
I stumbled across that feature totally by accident. I was impressed by the enunciation… “text to speech” applications have some variety to voices; but they are limited unless to pay a subscription fee…so it’s nice to have a default “baked in”, so to speak.

I would very much enjoy hearing such stories.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic