Why do you think certain people are predisposed to bondage?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
BandG
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Why do you think certain people are predisposed to bondage?

Post by BandG »

What makes some young people watch TV shows where someone is tied and gagged and it just triggers something in them whereas others can watch it and never think more of it?

Do you think it's something you're born with or certain specific conditions someone went through that made them then click with bondage?
TimChimp
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by TimChimp »

That's a very interesting question that sadly isn't likely to have satisfactory answer. Even though it is intriguing, I can't think of a casue behind the unexplainable liking I, like many others, took to scenes like those you describe.
captured_prize
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by captured_prize »

I imagine it's just the way our brains are wired. It would make for an interesting study (maybe there's been studies, I don't follow the field of neurology). The brain is such a complex organ after all.
Just your average crossdressing damsel in distress...

Check out my story here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20583
sami200456boyfriend
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by sami200456boyfriend »

I think it's just the way it is. Maybe it starts like I could get out of that. Then the rest is history.
smokeyfoggynight

Post by smokeyfoggynight »

I can't remember anything specific that happened to me to make me predisposed to bondage. It's just something I've always been interested in, even before I was old enough to look at it in a sexual way.
nirob_mirzah
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by nirob_mirzah »

I think most of the young people take it as a situation of vulnerability, and it arouses them. I saw so many people refused to be tied up or bondage as they felt people might think them weak. then some enjoy it as well, children love to play rescue and bondage games, it may effect them later.
tiedinbluetights
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by tiedinbluetights »

smokeyfoggynight wrote: 9 months ago I can't remember anything specific that happened to me to make me predisposed to bondage. It's just something I've always been interested in, even before I was old enough to look at it in a sexual way.
I echo this response, as well as others. I have always been into being tied-up. My earliest memories are of me trying to tie myself up and asking my cousins at my birthday party (I may have been at most 5 at the time, perhaps 4), to tie me up. And it's not just something I think I remember 50 years later, as my parents and cousins have all confirmed repeatedly that they recall that 'event'.

So I'm not sure that it is something as simple as just having it 'click on' from experiencing it or seeing it for 'a' first time. And the human mind is very complex, so while I'm pretty sure there is a neurological aspect to it, it is also not as simple as to categorize people into 'naturally' being 'whatever'.

For example, I've read out-dated studies (unfortunately still quoted on occasion in pop-culture) that claim that there are naturally submissive people and naturally dominant people, and that this division is due to certain people lacking self-esteem and assertiveness (those ones being categorized as 'submissive'). But then, there are plenty of RL counter-examples (and studies, although not required as it was obvious) to refute those former studies.

While I'm confident that one day neurological and psychological studies will eventually figure out the mechanisms of how one gets predisposed to a certain activity, that day is, I believe, several life-times away. In the meantime, I'll enjoy being myself, an assertive, somewhat confident, topping from the bottom, rope-bunny.
💙 Love to be tied-up 💙
I read and write stories for fun
Open to friendly PMs
(I don't do roleplays nor story requests)
KidnappedCowboy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by KidnappedCowboy »

An interesting question...and interesting replies.

I can remember as a kid getting really interested when a show had an adult male character tied up and gagged. I grew up in the 1970s. "Batman" was in syndication. It was on in the afternoons after school. There was an episode where Bruce Wayne is kidnapped from a museum by King Tut and his henchman disguised as EMTs. Bruce Wayne is bound to a gurney and gagged with an OTM cloth gag. As the !960s' style ambulance is driven up a steep incline, Bruce (Batman) "escapes" when the door opens. Of course, the gurney then careens down the road towards the inevitable cliff. There are many closeups of the gagged Bruce and of him strapped to the gurney...

I remember being totally fascinated. Even before then, when I was about 6-8, there was the Aussie import, "Skippy the Bush Kangaroo" in syndication in the USA. Thee's an episode where Ranger Hammond and his two sons are bound and gagged in a camper rigged to explode once someone opens the door. I could not have cared less about the younger son (or really the older, cute son), but seeing the mature Ranger bound and gagged fascinated me.

After those shows and others, I remember imagining my Teddy Bear tied up and gagged. When I was a little older, I began to tie up and gag my GI Joe figures/dolls and imagine them in cliffhanger jams.
emily-a
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by emily-a »

I´ve thought about it and it is an interesting question. I don´t know. Maybe it´s just a natural thing - people have different tastes about all kinds of things, after all. Occasionally, I´ve wondered if TUG-people have more creative imaginations than others... :) At least the old idea that it was related to mental illness has been completely discredited.
illest
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by illest »

I can't remember "not" being interested. As far back as I can remember I used to look forward to having dreams either of getting tied up or stumbling on to someone else being tied up. The most earliest fantasies I'd have would be dreams where I would get put to sleep either by sleeping gas(not medical but the type used in superhero cartoons) or by being hypnotized. Now thst I think about it I had this hige fantady of being hypnotized and tied up.

As I grew older and learned more about what real hypnosis and the actual danger of being put unconscious by gas or cloth I lost my interest(at least for the latter) but the interest of bondage only intensified when I learned just how sexy women could look tied up. Darla Crane, Ashley Renee, and Harmony Concepts was a life changing experience for me.
illest
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by illest »

emily-a wrote: 9 months ago I´ve thought about it and it is an interesting question. I don´t know. Maybe it´s just a natural thing - people have different tastes about all kinds of things, after all. Occasionally, I´ve wondered if TUG-people have more creative imaginations than others... :) At least the old idea that it was related to mental illness has been completely discredited.
That's a interesting thought on it. I know I'm known to be very creative. In addition to producing music I'm also into drawing, writing, anime, video games, and my mind constantly wonders. In fact, I've seen times where I've relied on bondage as an escape from thinking about so many things at once. You kind of just become a object, which compared to the human psyche of always having responsibilities, duties, obligations and wanting/needing to do stuff all the time isn't so bad.
PanelGaggedPrincess
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by PanelGaggedPrincess »

Interesting question. I've never really thought about why I like bondage beyond the fact that I just find it interesting. It's just who I am and it's what I like. Honestly, trying to explain why I'm predisposed to bondage is kind of like trying to explain why I'm bisexual. Simply put, I can't.
rafeylovesbonds
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by rafeylovesbonds »

smokeyfoggynight wrote: 9 months ago I can't remember anything specific that happened to me to make me predisposed to bondage. It's just something I've always been interested in, even before I was old enough to look at it in a sexual way.
Some excellent and thought-provoking comments on here and this one is one that I share whole-heartedly. Wanting to be tied up is something that has always been with me, right from a very young age (like 5 at least) when I used to imagine being kidnapped and bound by an adult female. Nothing happened that I know of to start this, it's just always been there.
Is she out there, she who ties you up and then you stay tied up?
Dpsiic
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Dpsiic »

Some great posts here. I think there have been studies about it. Not sure what if anything they have concluded. I think it is just the way we are, just as some people are straight, some are gay.

As most say. I have loved it for as long as I can remember, long before I knew it was called bondage or anything about sex. Grew up thinking I was a pervert, never realising there was a whole community who felt like I do.
JulieG
Millennial Club
Millennial Club
Location: Tied up and spanked over your knee, or in the dungeon tormenting you!

Post by JulieG »

I don’t know. Some people talk about childhood experiences but I had no interest in being tied up till I was 30 ish. I did like being spanked though and tickling my husband /boyfriend making him squirm, so maybe I liked “power exchange” in different ways.

Tying my boyfriend up was almost his suggestion as I tickled him and he fought back. Similarly, me getting tied up was at first a way to stop me tickling him.
Reidy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Reidy »

I think it is something you develop an interest in. For some it might come at a younger age, some later. But I don't think you are born with it as such.
rtbw
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by rtbw »

I think the question is unanswerable as why some people like certain sports, others like certain arts, and still others like other things.

But I've wondered whether I'd like bondage so much if I never saw the old Batman and Wonder Woman TV series growing up. I don't think there's anything else that would have made so interested.
EngineeringEmily
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by EngineeringEmily »

I don’t know if I was born liking bondage. But my sister certainly forced it on me growing up. I think it can be learned.
banshee
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by banshee »

I once watched a video about an unrelated topic but the guy narrating went off on a tangent related to this topic. Basically, he posed the idea that certain kinks have a root in primal instincts, he gave the example of foot fetishist, saying that in prehistoric times a broken foot would've been a death sentence, since it would mean that the person in question would have to be left behind, so thereby some people began to find healthy feet attractive as some sort of 'survival mechanism'.

He then provided the example of BDSM, to which he said that some people would've learned to find such thing attractive because 'your chances of reproduction are much higher if your partner can't escape', which is certainly dark but an interesting thought of experiment. He also acknowledged that the submissive position was much more popular than its contrary, but I don't think he posed an explanation about that.

I don't think I agree with what this guy was saying, and he also provided no evidence (I don't think he intended to do so, like I said, this was a tangentially related tangent in a video about something completely different) but I thought it'd be interesting to share them since the ideas are certainly interesting.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic