Shyness

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
captured_prize
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Re: Shyness

Post by captured_prize »

I understand your concern all too well. I've debated posting pics of myself on here, and despite the fact I'm crossdressed and blindfolded making me near unrecognizable, I just can't pull the trigger. As you know, when you put something put on the internet, it's there for everyone to see and can be spread around quite easily. You should always weigh the pros and cons of posting something, especially something more risque like a bondage pic.

If you're worried about jobs, it really depends on what job you have. While we've all heard about teachers getting fired over risque pics, you don't hear about the same thing happening in many other professions. If you're job is more public-oriented or you work with children, there will be more scrutiny over what you do.

I didn't see your picture, but I will applaud you for at least having the courage to put yourself out there. I hope this all helps.
Last edited by captured_prize 7 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
Just your average crossdressing damsel in distress...

Check out my story here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20583
Detective-Gag
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Detective-Gag »

I think you’ve got the right idea; my old professor used to say as a general rule: “Don’t put anything on the Internet you aren’t prepared to have there forever.”

A bit dramatic, yes; but she was coming from the direction of professional reputation.

Shyness is perfectly alright; and I think it’s an innate sense of good instincts.

I’ll write a story, or discuss the topic; but my own involvement I like to keep separated. It’s just easier.
Red86
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Red86 »

Tied_Skinny_Boy wrote: 7 months ago Wanted to come out and share that despite my willingness to chat with others and share bondage fantasies, I’m actually pretty shy when it comes to this stuff. I did some self bondage and posted a pic last night and although it seemed to be well received, I deleted it out of nervousness. I was wondering if anyone else experiences this kind of thing on here, as my main worry is that anything I post photo wise on here could find its way out there to anyone. Any time I get in a bondage mood enough to tie myself and take video (which I screenshot to get pics), I get the desire to share it but I’m concerned about things like jobs and reputation, even though no one from my personal life knows the extent of my self bondage activities or bondage desires. Am I just too worried or smart for playing it safe?
Nothing wrong with being shy. I am approaching my late 30's and still am some what shy about this part of me. I only joined this site maybe 3 years ago after lurking for probably about 10+ years, all the way back to the previous version of this site. Though since my joining this site, talking to other's here has helped alot. I've even met a couple of guys here that I've become friends with and actually met in person for bondage fun!

As far as the last part of you comment "Am I just to worried or smart for playing it safe". Don't worry about being to worried. The internet is a great place to meet new people that share very similar interests but it doesn't always come without risks. You have to make your own judgment calls, not what someone else tells you. If you feel as though sharing pics will come back to bite you, then play it safe. There are ways to lessen the risks but the key to remember, there's particularly no way to truly delete something from tbe internet. Only post stuff you are comfortable with being out there!
shyguy92
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by shyguy92 »

My user kinda says it already. This is something I don't really share at all outside of here. I'm painfully shy in person (although much better than I used to be) and frankly probably a bit insecure (rejection is always particularly hard.)

Other people have that to varying levels, and that's okay.

As to being cautious with posts, that's just basic internet safety, I think. As much as you really want to be yourself, you always have to be at least a bit careful. Once it's out there, it's out there, and you never know where it might turn up.

Odds are, you're fine. But there's always that one malicious person who can poison it for everybody.
Jaaaake
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Jaaaake »

Yes I'm very shy otherwise I'd post way more often. I've also debated sharing some pics of me tied up as well, but haven't for similar reasons to yours.
puddy300
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by puddy300 »

You should definitely be cautious about sharing pictures of yourself tied up on the Internet. A long time ago, roughly 15+ years ago, I posted pictures/videos of myself bound and gagged for the attention. While the originals were deleted many years ago, I know they still exist on other peoples' hard drives. I saw them on bondage tumblrs before the NSFW crackdown got rid of most of those. I even have seen them reposted as recently as a couple of years ago on this very site.

It doesn't really bother me too much: they aren't good and I was fully clothed so they don't have much value. And it was so long ago that I don't even really look the same anymore. But just keep in mind that stuff posted to the Internet kind of never really goes away.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic