How do I find people to do bondage with?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
BrandNewBondee
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

How do I find people to do bondage with?

Post by BrandNewBondee »

So I should preface this by saying I’m a teen (normally I’d avoid saying this, especially on this type of forum, but it seems the mods here do a good job at preventing creeps), so I can’t go to a bondage convention for obvious reasons. However, I’ve been seeing stories of people my age managing to get into bondage scenarios, and I’m wondering if anyone who did bondage as a teen has any advice for me. Unfortunately I probably can’t go around asking my friends, because I live in a decently conservative household, and most of my friends are decently conservative too, as I try to keep a “normal” friend group. Thanks in advance.
Jeff K
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Jeff K »

Not knowing your specific scenario, I can say that I grew up in a very conservative community and also played TUGs a lot growing up, including in my teen years. Played a lot of war game with captive-taking, and made movies with my friends and people got captured and tied up a lot. Also did tie-up escape challenges. In my experience, conservative people are generally actually quite into TUGs.
This conversation would go a lot smoother if you just gagged me already!
shyguy92
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by shyguy92 »

BrandNewBondee wrote: 3 months ago So I should preface this by saying I’m a teen (normally I’d avoid saying this, especially on this type of forum, but it seems the mods here do a good job at preventing creeps), so I can’t go to a bondage convention for obvious reasons. However, I’ve been seeing stories of people my age managing to get into bondage scenarios, and I’m wondering if anyone who did bondage as a teen has any advice for me. Unfortunately I probably can’t go around asking my friends, because I live in a decently conservative household, and most of my friends are decently conservative too, as I try to keep a “normal” friend group. Thanks in advance.
So... don't know how much help this'll be, but I was in a somewhat similar situation. I was lucky that I eventually found a slightly younger friend who was into it. Before that it was tough.

What are you into? I managed to get some in by having hunt and capture games when playing airsoft, for example.
Red86
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Red86 »

Without trying to break any rules on this site, I basically grew up in a conservative household and area, still have many of the same values yet here I am fairly active with bondage play. Grant you, I am more of an open minded person but it may surprise you that not all of us think the same.

So your question actually relates to me fairly well. Though I grew up in the 90's, so I was limited to the information you have available. It took me a good while to approach the subject with friends but when watching movies or shows involving people getting tied up, I would jokingly say oh that tie looks so easy to escape from. Some friends didn't pick up the hint but I did have a few that did so we tried to recreate the scene. Fast forward to the ealry YouTube days, with escape challenges popping up on there, it wasn't to difficult to get into tugs with friends without being weird.

Not sure how much help this was, as unfortunately you have limited options at this time. Just be patient and don't give up on the idea. Adulthood will come faster then you think and then you'll have a ton of options available!
BrandNewBondee
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by BrandNewBondee »

Jeff K wrote: 3 months ago Not knowing your specific scenario, I can say that I grew up in a very conservative community and also played TUGs a lot growing up, including in my teen years. Played a lot of war game with captive-taking, and made movies with my friends and people got captured and tied up a lot. Also did tie-up escape challenges. In my experience, conservative people are generally actually quite into TUGs.
Interesting. My one fear is my friends are at the age where they *might* know vaguely about bondage, although obviously not to the same degree as me. So they could figure out what I actually wanted out of it.
Last edited by BrandNewBondee 3 months ago, edited 3 times in total.
BrandNewBondee
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by BrandNewBondee »

shyguy92 wrote: 3 months ago
BrandNewBondee wrote: 3 months ago So I should preface this by saying I’m a teen (normally I’d avoid saying this, especially on this type of forum, but it seems the mods here do a good job at preventing creeps), so I can’t go to a bondage convention for obvious reasons. However, I’ve been seeing stories of people my age managing to get into bondage scenarios, and I’m wondering if anyone who did bondage as a teen has any advice for me. Unfortunately I probably can’t go around asking my friends, because I live in a decently conservative household, and most of my friends are decently conservative too, as I try to keep a “normal” friend group. Thanks in advance.
So... don't know how much help this'll be, but I was in a somewhat similar situation. I was lucky that I eventually found a slightly younger friend who was into it. Before that it was tough.

What are you into? I managed to get some in by having hunt and capture games when playing airsoft, for example.
Hmm, those are some interesting ideas. As for what I’m into, while even getting into a 100% platonic scenario would be enjoyable, I’m hoping to find a way that I can inconspicuously figure out if anyone I know of the opposite gender is into bondage at all.
BrandNewBondee
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by BrandNewBondee »

Red86 wrote: 3 months ago Without trying to break any rules on this site, I basically grew up in a conservative household and area, still have many of the same values yet here I am fairly active with bondage play. Grant you, I am more of an open minded person but it may surprise you that not all of us think the same.

So your question actually relates to me fairly well. Though I grew up in the 90's, so I was limited to the information you have available. It took me a good while to approach the subject with friends but when watching movies or shows involving people getting tied up, I would jokingly say oh that tie looks so easy to escape from. Some friends didn't pick up the hint but I did have a few that did so we tried to recreate the scene. Fast forward to the ealry YouTube days, with escape challenges popping up on there, it wasn't to difficult to get into tugs with friends without being weird.

Not sure how much help this was, as unfortunately you have limited options at this time. Just be patient and don't give up on the idea. Adulthood will come faster then you think and then you'll have a ton of options available!
Yeah, worst case scenario I have to wait a few years I suppose. I would say escape challenges are out of the question, because I don’t usually watch those and I feel it would be too obvious if I suddenly got into them. The movie idea might work but I fear it’s still too risky. Especially since the movies I watch usually don’t have any tie ups in them, and if they do they’re probably action movies which I usually watch with my family.
SubBondageBoy
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by SubBondageBoy »

Honestly I think the best thing to do is try and get better with self bondage at home for now whenever your folks aren’t around, it’s gonna take time and trust to have someone else tie you up but that doesn’t mean that you can’t have fun still with practicing and tying yourself up as well
CaptorDM
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by CaptorDM »

My advice is simple and highly specific.
If you're in school, join band, choir, or the theater department. Anything where the creative artsy people get to spend hours after school with minimum supervision.
I swear someone was getting taped up and left in a closet once a month in at least one of those groups. And that's just the ones I heard about
DamselnDragon on deviantart.
BrandNewBondee
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by BrandNewBondee »

SubBondageBoy wrote: 3 months ago Honestly I think the best thing to do is try and get better with self bondage at home for now whenever your folks aren’t around, it’s gonna take time and trust to have someone else tie you up but that doesn’t mean that you can’t have fun still with practicing and tying yourself up as well
I have started thinking about self bondage as possibility, any tips? :D
BrandNewBondee
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by BrandNewBondee »

CaptorDM wrote: 3 months ago My advice is simple and highly specific.
If you're in school, join band, choir, or the theater department. Anything where the creative artsy people get to spend hours after school with minimum supervision.
I swear someone was getting taped up and left in a closet once a month in at least one of those groups. And that's just the ones I heard about
The schools in my area do seem to have a lot of deviants (be it emo, goth, or what have you) but alas the schools themselves are pretty shit so I’m homeschooled. Thankfully there are plenty of homeschool groups/clubs in my area so this might be a possibility. It’ll take some maneuvering but I could get this to work, thanks!
BrandNewBondee
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by BrandNewBondee »

Also I should state that since I managed to get my old account (@InABind) back, I’ll probably start replying to this thread using that account.
KidnappedCowboy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by KidnappedCowboy »

Always follow this great advice from Dan Savage. Be up front about your kinks. That's advice for a romantic partner.

If you just want to have non-sexual TUGS, explore social media (Instagram and X formerly known as twitter). Find out who is in your area. Contact those persons. Expand a network of friends.
InABind
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by InABind »

BrandNewBondee wrote: 3 months ago
SubBondageBoy wrote: 3 months ago Honestly I think the best thing to do is try and get better with self bondage at home for now whenever your folks aren’t around, it’s gonna take time and trust to have someone else tie you up but that doesn’t mean that you can’t have fun still with practicing and tying yourself up as well
Just did it for the first time! It was only a simple hands taped in front, but still fun!
Knowledge
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Knowledge »

Honestly, it boils down to whom can you trust with such information? Whom would you feel comfortable with being seen in a vulnerable position? Questions, I think, not easy to answer for any of us.
"Even among misfits you’re a misfit"-accurate for me
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Well said, @Knowledge.
I know we say this often but. perhaps not often enough.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
Terry
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Terry »

I wish I could find people to tie me up just like that. Very few people in real life know about these kinds of interests I have.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

I would caution you to think what security measures you would put into place (phone calls, time limits before trusted contacts alert authorities, etc).
Of course, you should expect the other party to have similar expectations.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
uemndlr
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by uemndlr »

Yes, above all, take security very seriously! Inform yourself thoroughly, have multiple emergency exits, avoid getting stuck, it could end very badly. Begin slowly, don't exaggerate.

Preferable to find a romantic partner to play with, but if that is too difficult, I understand the urge to tie yourself up.
U+101D3
Ducttape1234
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Ducttape1234 »

When I was a preteen going into my teen years as well, I'd occasionally make the jokes about duct taping people when hanging out just to see what the reaction would be. If no one responded then I wouldn't bring it up or joke about it again. Especially if playing video games with a friend or just playful banter back and forth and saying something along the lines of "oh then we'd have to bust the duct tape out" actually lead to a lot of tug experience for me. Both being the one who got to tape people up and even found myself taped up a few times. It's easier at a younger age lol I don't really make those remarks anymore though being in my 20's cause most people in my age group have their kinks figured out and or are exploring their kinks. Just don't be afraid to jokingly throw it out there on occasion and it might lead to something. Obviously don't do it with people you don't know very well, don't want to put yourself in any danger, but that's how I went about it when I was younger.
I'll tie you if you tie me :D
InABind
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by InABind »

Knowledge wrote: 3 months ago Honestly, it boils down to whom can you trust with such information? Whom would you feel comfortable with being seen in a vulnerable position? Questions, I think, not easy to answer for any of us.
Yeah I suppose you have a point.
uemndlr wrote: 3 months ago
Yes, above all, take security very seriously! Inform yourself thoroughly, have multiple emergency exits, avoid getting stuck, it could end very badly. Begin slowly, don't exaggerate.

Preferable to find a romantic partner to play with, but if that is too difficult, I understand the urge to tie yourself up.
Thanks! I’ve had urges to go overboard but thankfully I’ve been very cautious.
Ducttape1234 wrote: 3 months ago When I was a preteen going into my teen years as well, I'd occasionally make the jokes about duct taping people when hanging out just to see what the reaction would be. If no one responded then I wouldn't bring it up or joke about it again. Especially if playing video games with a friend or just playful banter back and forth and saying something along the lines of "oh then we'd have to bust the duct tape out" actually lead to a lot of tug experience for me. Both being the one who got to tape people up and even found myself taped up a few times. It's easier at a younger age lol I don't really make those remarks anymore though being in my 20's cause most people in my age group have their kinks figured out and or are exploring their kinks. Just don't be afraid to jokingly throw it out there on occasion and it might lead to something. Obviously don't do it with people you don't know very well, don't want to put yourself in any danger, but that's how I went about it when I was younger.
It’s worth a shot I suppose. Thanks!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic