Starting a collection (blankets, sleeping bags, parkas)

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
Deleted User 1255

Starting a collection (blankets, sleeping bags, parkas)

Post by Deleted User 1255 »

As someone who’s into down and soft/fuzzy clothing or items (blankets, sleeping bags, parkas) I’m wondering if anyone has any tips for starting a collection of items.

I’ve had good suggestions through PM and I just want to get it out to more people for more ideas.

Feel free to give any type of advice, good brands of items, where to buy and even how to store the items. I’m looking to build a decent collection, I figure my closet won’t be enough lol
Last edited by Deleted User 1255 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

[mention]ColonelShuffle[/mention]
Hey bud. [mention]puffalover[/mention] and I are the two guys who have the biggest collection of down gear on here (to my knowledge anyway).

I started when I was your age.

I'm not sure what kind of advice you're after though.
I can give you brand names and models, but usually that's really a matter of personal taste.
For example, I'm hugely into down, but am really not a fan of wetlook/PVC coated jackets like Moncler.

I have tons of tips and pointers and I can help you out in the parka/sleeping bag department if that's what you wish.
Best advice I can give you (and my past 19 year old self) would be to take things slow.
You shouldn't be filling your whole closet up in a matter of months.
Building a collection takes years.

As far as parkas and sleeping bags go, are you only looking for fetish gear or does every day practically come into play?
This'll really have an impact on the type of gear you come to own.

P.S- You should consider editing the title of this thread to something like "Starting a collection (blackets/sleeping bags/parkas)".
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Deleted User 1255

[mention]bondagefreak[/mention] Thanks for the reply!
In terms of brands honestly I'd take a ballpark and just go through it myself, I wouldn't mind.
Look doesn't matter so much for me, just as long as its super puffy.
For an example of what I'm not into, most Columbia jackets I've seen are some sort of down filled, but almost always appear flatter.

I am definitely prepared and expect to be in this for the long run.
I've still got to pay my way through school, so don't worry about me rushing in and being over whelmed.

For parkas I'm not so much looking for fetish gear in that regard. One brand I'm in love with is Mackage, but that's well out of my price range for now.
Sleeping bags on the other hand I can take a mix.
I know that there are purposely designed bondage sleeping bags, but I am A ok with practical high grade winter bags. It's actually those types of bags, super puffy practical mummy bags, that I have the most trouble with finding
puffalover
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by puffalover »

Hey [mention]ColonelShuffle[/mention]

Nice having another down jacket/sleeping bag enthusiast on here.

For starting a collection, I feel [mention]bondagefreak[/mention] and I are two of the best downgear heads to seek advice from. (Though there are definitely others here that can offer solid input) I'm always happy to offer up my advice and opinions on puffy bags and jackets either on the forum or through pm.

Little about me...I was really young when I got into puffy jackets/sleeping bags. Let's just say I had a fetish for them before I even knew what a fetish was. My collection started when I was around 16 (when I got my first job) and has grown over the past 14+ years to take up almost all of my giant walkin closet.

I really love shiny nylon/pvc coated nylon gear. The puffier the better, but I like it mostly for fetish fun. In public you’d see me in a down jacket combo that’s less flashy. It's a big head turner when I see an attractive young lady completely zipped up in a very shiny puffy coat walking by.

Speaking from experience, I completely agree with my friend bondagefreak on taking it slow when building your collection. Even after you graduate and get all your stuff paid off, try to be as smart as you can with your purchases as this gear ain't cheap.

There's tons of brands for practical gear out there. Marmot, north face, rab, Canada goose, mountain hardwear, feathered friends, montbell, Patagonia, western mountaineering, REI, millet, Fjällräven-makes some great looking super puffy jackets. There's lots more, but these brands are at the top of my list. I'd be happy to narrow down a specific jacket/sleeping bag that I'd highly recommend.

For a great quality bag that’s got a lot of fill, you should look into feathered friends and western mountaineering bags. Both make some of the puffiest bags out there. Pricey, but the quality is definitely worth it. Obviously the puffier the bag the more expensive it's gonna be. Also, try looking into synthetic filled bags if you want to save $ on a bigger bag.

The down sleeping bags made for bondage (while not practical at all) are sort of a dream come true for someone like me who’s always loved sleeping bag bondage. Having an all in one super puffy, shiny, soft nylon bag with built in straps and arm sleeves is just an amazing creation. I have one of those bags and it’s indescribable how awesome it feels when zipped up and tightly strapped down inside. I wouldn’t recommend it for solo play though as it’s truly an escape-proof bondage bag. Even the zippers can be locked with a small key.

Anyways, hope this has been somewhat helpful for you in starting a collection. Looking forward to chatting some more with you about sleeping bags and down jackets soon.

Take care. :)
flymiami
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by flymiami »

My question is what are you going to do with the bags and gear? Care and maintenance will be a factor depending on how you use them. I started with just one 3-season bag that was both for my own purposes as well as actual use for camping/crashing on couches. It's college, you're gonna want to spend money elsewhere. :lol:
Deleted User 1255

[mention]puffalover[/mention]

Big thanks for the in depth response, I appreciate it!

I’m definitely putting a lot of thought into this in regards to tactically purchasing these items. The more I think about it, the more I lean towards “why have a big collection, when a small one with specific items will do”

I’m thinking maybe just a couple super puffy down sleeping bags, a purpose built bondage sleeping bag, a down suit, and then a few fur lined parkas and puffy down jackets will do

That’s still gonna cost a pretty penny, but I figure it’s a better approach than buying a lot of what is essentially the same item.
Deleted User 1255

[mention]flymiami[/mention]

They’re mostly gonna be used as bondage equipment, I’m big on multi layered bondage. This stuff serves as fetish items for me.

Regarding University I’m with you tho, the collection building likely won’t start until after I’ve graduated, I just needed the tips on starting a collection of my own.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

[mention]ColonelShuffle[/mention] Hey kiddo. I initially planned on keeping this discussion private, but since you started up this thread in the public board for a reason, I've decided to continue our gear-oriented discussion on here instead.

I'm thrilled you're really enjoying those two 7 pound Outbound -10 sleeping bags I told you to get back in October.
You should consider posting some pics of them. Those fat babies will be fantastic for cold weather camping and overnight bondage sleepovers in the future.

I've already showed you some of my beefiest bags and parkas, but I don't think you should invest/get used to those massive jackets so soon. If you do, you'll have a hard time being satisfied with more standard gear afterwards. IMHO, the best way to go about it is to climb the rungs slowly. Start your collection with a few classic pieces and work your way up towards more serious gear.

The best piece of advice I can give you: from now on, EBAY is your best friend.

Right now you have two heavy-duty synthetic rectangular bags.
I think the next logical step would be for you to get a down jacket and a down sleeping bag.

As far as jacket's go, if you're gonna start a collection, the starting piece you'll want in your wardrobe is The North Face 1996 Nuptse.

It's THE classic down jacket for guys. You've probably seen it hundreds of times. If you need help finding a 90s Nuptse jacket on Ebay, let me know. I'll help you hunt one down. There are hundreds of them on Ebay right now.
It's a fantastic jacket for guys and really is a masculine, rugged piece. As far as practical use goes, it's not really made for the winters you and I have to face, but you'll still be ok at -30c IF you're wearing a thick hoodie or sweater underneath. In early November and April you'll be fine with just a t-shirt underneath.
No collection should be without a Nuptse. Even with all the gear [mention]puffalover[/mention] and I own, I think we both rate this jacket among our favourites.

As far as down sleeping bags go, you've probably seen the hefty price tags that come with big brand name bags.
If this is your first mummy bag, you can start off with a mid-quality piece to see whether or not you like it.

Here are the two bags I'd suggest you take a look at:
- TETON Sports ALTOS -23C (you'll find it on Amazon for 350CAD$, the -23C version only comes in red)
- WINGACE 4000g goose down sleeping bag (usually comes up to around 300CAD$, often available on Aliexpress and Ebay, lots of colour choices)

Let me know what you think.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Deleted User 1255

[mention]bondagefreak[/mention]
Sure thing, will definitely look into that and check out eBay.

I have done some searching and found a seller who has all kinds of full down suits of varying fills with full zip hoods and the like.

I’m not jumping on that just yet for cautionary reasons, but I love the look of the suits and the full enclosure they bring.

I will look into the Nuptse you mentioned I know exactly what you’re talking about, as well as the down bags you linked me to through PM
Parkalover
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Parkalover »

I’d recommend alpha industries N3b parkas, I own a few of them.
They’re amazing to be tied up in, and play with too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic