Best duct tape brand you've used? Discuss!

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
TapedHands
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Best duct tape brand you've used? Discuss!

Post by TapedHands »

As you can probably tell by my username, I love tape. My partner and I love tying each other up and experimenting with all kinds of duct tapes, electrical tapes, and whatnot, but I wanted to share my opinions from our experiences on the best types of tapes we have tried so far!

We'd love for you all to share your favorite brands of tapes and why, as we are always looking for more to try!

Anyway, let's get on with our favorites!

T-Rex Ferociously Strong Duct tape
T-Rex duct tape (not to be confused with T-Rex brute force tape) is the best duct tape for gags we have ever used. The adhesive on this tape is so strong that simply one strip of tape over the mouth is virtually impossible to get off no matter how much you try to move your jaw or lips. Stuff the mouth with a sock and use multiple strips of tape to cover it from under the nose to the chin and it is better than 99% of the duct tape wrap gags we have ever done!

The adhesive of t-rex duct tape only gets stronger the longer it is left on the skin. After 30 minutes to an hour, the tape is like a second skin over the mouth. My partner has slept with T-Rex duct tape all night, and it does not come off easily in the morning!

T-Rex tape for general binding of the hands and feet is very effective, but T-Rex is relatively expensive to wrap around limbs. If you want a genuinely inescapable scenario, then T-Rex seems to be the best overall tape we have ever used.

And to top that off, the tape, even being on the mouth and skin for 6+ hours, doesn't cause any irritation!

3M 2904 Duct Tape
3M 2904 is our secondary go-to duct tape for gags and general bondage; the tape has a slightly rubbery feeling and a nice grey-silver color to the tape. The adhesion is pretty strong, and the tape is not thick, which means it molds and conforms to whatever you are taping up with it, which makes it really comfortable to be tied up with and it looks super cute, we love it.

Gocableties wide grey-silver Electrical Tape
Gocableties wide electrical tape is highly effective for wrapping around the wrists, ankles, and other body parts however we find that electrical tape seems to shrink slightly after it's applied, which can make the wrap too tight, It's highly effective if you are looking to be wrapped super tightly, and we do like it a lot, but we don't like using it for gags as when the tape sets after wrapping around the head it can be too tight, which can give you a slightly light-headed feeling, It's a great tape though.
19/F, Digital artwork creator

Click to visit my DeviantArt!
RotiferTape
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by RotiferTape »

I like microfoam tape for gags. I’ll have to try the T-Rex tape though!!
Climb mountains, camp in deserts, explore jungles, search in tide pools, love your planet.
cellofello
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by cellofello »

I will have to try the T-Rex. Another tape that I recommend is 3M 734 vinyl tape.

On Amazon, the 3M tape you mentioned seems to be a non-US product, and I don't see the third tape at all. Are you outside the US? I do however note that you wrote "favorites" instead of "favourites".
TapedHands
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by TapedHands »

cellofello wrote: 1 month ago I will have to try the T-Rex. Another tape that I recommend is 3M 734 vinyl tape.

On Amazon, the 3M tape you mentioned seems to be a non-US product, and I don't see the third tape at all. Are you outside the US? I do however note that you wrote "favorites" instead of "favourites".
I'm American but I moved to the UK when I was 16, The accent really confuses people over here lol

T-Rex is amazing, just make sure you don't buy the brute force and get the ferociously strong tape version :)

Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Kyle »

My parents had some kind of clear duct tape many years ago that I experimented with. I wish I could remember what kind it was, because it is the ONLY duct tape that was legitimately very difficult to remove from my mouth without using my hands, like you might see in a movie. It was a weird look in the mirror, though.

I've practiced escapes with a few different kinds of duct tape, and Gorilla tape can be hard to break free from. Not impossible, but it does require a lot of force or some real work to tear it. One word of warning: it's very sticky and will really pull if you're unfortunate enough for it to stick to hair. It also leaves a heck of a mess if you use it to tape down something in your car during a hot summer, but that's probably a discussion for another place.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

NASHUA and 3M are my usual two go-to brands.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

TapedHands
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by TapedHands »

cellofello wrote: 1 month ago I will have to try the T-Rex. Another tape that I recommend is 3M 734 vinyl tape.

Have ordered some of the tape you've recommended, will get back to you how effective it is!

sami200456boyfriend
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by sami200456boyfriend »

The classic Silver Duct Tape and sometimes packing tape.
cellofello
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by cellofello »

TapedHands wrote: 1 month ago T-Rex is amazing, just make sure you don't buy the brute force and get the ferociously strong tape version :)
What's wrong with the Brute Force? Not actually as sticky, so much stickier it takes skin off when removing, or exactly as sticky so not worth the extra money?
TapedHands
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by TapedHands »

cellofello wrote: 3 weeks ago
TapedHands wrote: 1 month ago T-Rex is amazing, just make sure you don't buy the brute force and get the ferociously strong tape version :)
What's wrong with the Brute Force? Not actually as sticky, so much stickier it takes skin off when removing, or exactly as sticky so not worth the extra money?
It’s thicker, it’s stickier, and you can’t tear it by hand, it’d be the best tape hands down to be virtually impossible to escape from with 2+ wraps, but me and my partner just think its a little too overkill considering trex is already like binding metal to your skin, and we already think trex is a little too sticky lol

I’ve never been able to escape trex tape yet, 2-3wraps around the legs or wrists are more than enough for trex and I’ve struggled many times to escape, my boyfriend is always cutting me out of it which is super embarrassing haha

cellofello
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by cellofello »

TapedHands wrote: 3 weeks ago
It’s thicker, it’s stickier, and you can’t tear it by hand, it’d be the best tape hands down to be virtually impossible to escape from with 2+ wraps, but me and my partner just think its a little too overkill considering trex is already like binding metal to your skin, and we already think trex is a little too sticky lol
Ah. I'm more interested in the tape as a gag; I prefer rope for bondage. I have encountered one tape that's too sticky to use for a gag; it will remove skin (Leukotape P).
TapedHands
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by TapedHands »

cellofello wrote: 3 weeks ago
Ah. I'm more interested in the tape as a gag; I prefer rope for bondage. I have encountered one tape that's too sticky to use for a gag; it will remove skin (Leukotape P).
I love T-REX because one strip is more than enough, I highly recommend you try it!, I'd imagine wrapping it around your head would be the best tape gag ever, but your hair would probably be completely ripped out haha

TapedHands
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by TapedHands »

I just finished a 4-hour session using this tape you recommended exclusively, and it is the best vinyl tape I've used so far; it doesn't smell or leave marks! I put two socks in my mouth and wrapped the tape 7-8 times around my head, and it was super practical and comfortable :)

Thank you!

cellofello
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by cellofello »

I love T-REX because one strip is more than enough, I highly recommend you try it!, I'd imagine wrapping it around your head would be the best tape gag ever, but your hair would probably be completely ripped out haha
A couple ways to avoid hair removal:

1) Put some plastic wrap behind the head when wrapping.

2) Use strips of the T-Rex tape over the mouth, but do the wrapping with a less sticky tape or with vet wrap to reinforce the tape over the mouth.
TapeBondage123
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TapeBondage123 »

I really like IPG and Nashua. IPG is very sticky and is a thinner material so it conforms to my mouth more
Duct tape will fix that cut under your nose.
TheEngineer
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by TheEngineer »

Suddenly started feeling like exploring bondage with tape when I found this thread. Maybe it’s a sign!

Gonna have to take notes!
No harm in wanting to try new things!
bound773
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by bound773 »

Tapedhands I will look into this. Though I like head wrapping a tape gag. Hair might be an issue. Thanks.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic