What Could've Been

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
shyguy92
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

What Could've Been

Post by shyguy92 »

In my last year of high school, I finally bought myself a couple pairs of real handcuffs after my long term fascination. Had a group of friends that I airsofted semi-regularly with, and I was fortunate enough that most of them wound up at the same university.

I developed a game, somewhat glorified cops and robbers really. One side would be the fugitives and the other the hunters. The game would end either by the capture of all the fugitives or at least one of the fugitives managing to stay un-caught for a set time period (15-20 minutes for the most part, maybe 30 if we were playing in a bigger area.) You had to surrender if you got shot ;)

Everybody agreed that it would be fun, but for one reason or another over the next couple years we never managed to get together for it, and now we're graduated and mostly scattered to the winds.

I'm still disappointed.
harveygasson
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by harveygasson »

That's a shame as I'm sure it would have been a really fun experience
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

I hope you were playing with Nerf guns. Paintballs or BB's can be dangerous. (You DID say that you had to give up if you got shot.)

Drawscore
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

[mention]drawscore[/mention] He did specify airsoft.
And yes, airsofting and paintballing is about as dangerous as swimming in a pool.
You can get bruises if you're aren't wearing a hoodie and you can get a plastic bullet in someone's eye if the person is stupid enough to take his/her glasses off during a game.

Seriously, the unwarranted cautionary warnings are becoming a bit tiresome.

[mention]shyguy92[/mention]
I'm sorry to hear you never got this to work out.
But IMO, the game scenario you thought of would probably make a wonderful story for the fictional section ;)
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

David Han
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by David Han »

Would have been fun:
Tie me up and have fun with me
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

>>>Seriously, the unwarranted cautionary warnings are becoming a bit tiresome.<<<

Sorry, but I have heard of too many people getting hurt, or worse, because they ignored basic safety considerations. But I suppose we could also take the warning labels off everything, and let natural selection drain the idiots out of the gene pool.

Drawscore
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

[mention]drawscore[/mention] Yes, you are right.
But then again, crossing the street, using a knife to cut vegetables or swimming in a pool are actually far more dangerous than playing airsoft. You could get hit by a speeding car, you could cut your hand off and you could suddenly develop a muscle cramp and drown. Riding a bike is actually way more dangerous than any of those activities.

You did mention a keyword though: "Idiots".
No matter HOW safe something might be. An idiot will ALWAYS find a way of getting him/herself hurt 8-)
Shouldn't stop the rest of us from having fun.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

shyguy92
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by shyguy92 »

Always wore glasses and covering. Fairly safe. Welts at most. Decidedly not idiots. And as I say, this is 7 or 8 years ago now and we obviously survived ;)

The concern is appreciated, however.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic