Frustration (mf/fm)

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
Mandolin
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Frustration (mf/fm)

Post by Mandolin »

No story today, just needs to vent a frustration:

- if you are about to be tape-gagged, what is the point of shutting your mouth to prevent it?? See that in a lot of movies

-and if the director desides to have a tie-up-scene with gag in his/her movie, why not do it properly?? So many movies with ties that couldn't hold a fly and gags able to talk through and waaaay too easy to remove. Good example of the opposite: Bruce Willis in Pulp fiction, so tightly restrained it almost hurts too watch.

There, now I can go on with my day..... :D
IMG.jpg
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by IMG.jpg »

Maybe to make kidnapping less effective?
IMG.jpg
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by IMG.jpg »

Maybe to make kidnapping less effective?
TheOldPirate
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TheOldPirate »

When making a movie, for the actor, lots of time is just spent sitting around between takes. You hit your mark, you say your line, director yells cut, now it'll be 20-30 minutes before you're needed again.

Now imagine you're the actress, tied up in this secure bondage which took 15-20 minutes to apply. Consequently, when the director yells cut, you can't be let loose; it'll take longer to untie you and tie you back up than the break. So you'll need to sit there tied up. All day.

Sure, for some people this would be heaven. But for your average working actress this is akin to hell.

So simple slip-on/slip-off bondage is much more convenient.
IMG.jpg
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by IMG.jpg »

Also a good answer
TheOldPirate
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TheOldPirate »

So far as the tape gag question; tape gags don't really work at all unless you put something in the person getting gagged's mouth. Closing one's mouth could prevent that.
Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Kyle »

Most likely, it's a comfort thing. Directors figure if it looks halfway believable, most people will be okay with it. Actors/actresses often aren't going to want it to be more uncomfortable than it has to be.

To me, it's like stuntwork. A lot of it isn't believable if you really think about it, but as long as it's not just obviously bad where it stands out, I can accept it. If the bonds are tied so loose the actress could pull her hands free without breaking a sweat, and it's obvious, that should've been corrected. A strip of duct tape over her mouth wouldn't really work for long, but as long as it's stuck on pretty well, it can work for a fictional scene.

That said, I have seen a few stories of actors who were willing to make things look more realistic, an actress really letting the director tie her up or wrap the duct tape around her head, things like that.
TheOldPirate
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TheOldPirate »

There was a time when you'd never see a ballgag in MSM (Pulp Fiction being an exception). Today you see them, and other hardcore BDSM gags much more often, by a director searching for verisimilitude. Of course, often enough they're put on wrong, too small, too loose, etc.

I'm certain most people don't notice, but Grace and I will sit here laughing like a couple of hyenas.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic