True Detective Magazines

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
Sheriff
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

True Detective Magazines

Post by Sheriff »

Hey all, wondering if anyone can help me.

I've always wanted to get hold of/start collecting those "True Detective" magazines I've heard about that had tied up women on the cover, but I'm struggling to find too many that have those damsels in distress.

Can anyone help me out or recommend a particular magazine that's pretty good for it? Narrow my search down so to speak?
Hands behind your back....

See what I'm up to on my blog! http://www.sheriffofknots.com/
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

Used book stores and eBay.

Drawscore
KP Presents
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by KP Presents »

Drawscore is right you need to scour the old bookstores and markets these days to find them.
Read stories of ordinary women in peril at www.kppresents.com
cellofello
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by cellofello »

You might find this history of the life and death of the genre interesting.

https://gizmodo.com/the-long-life-and-q ... 1725094095
Handsome Scoundrel
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Handsome Scoundrel »

Haha this is some good writing here, "As former True Detective managing editor Marc Gerald sadly recalled, “...our readership of blue hairs, shut-ins, Greyhound bus riders, cops and ax murderers was old and dying fast.”

I wanna bring back the concept of pulp magazines. I know that they'd need to be modernized and maybe cleaned up for a wider audience, but wouldn't that mean more girls/guys bound and gagged and less of them cut to pieces? Although I treasure the quotation above as truly entertaining, I think that the editor was just blaming the times instead of himself. He should have adapted better.
Male, 29, with a preference for ropes, tape, and cloth. I like to do the tying and am only interested in non-sexual bondage. If you'd like to chat, send me a private message sometime!
My avatar is the work of nightwrap79 (deviantart).[/url]
Emma
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Emma »

Hubby had several of these magazines, but, sadly, they disappeared long ago :(
Don's Stories, Posted by Emma, Are Here!:https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=5915
cellofello
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by cellofello »

Handsome Scoundrel wrote: 5 years ago I think that the editor was just blaming the times instead of himself. He should have adapted better.
Physical magazines in general are in a bad way, just like dead tree newspapers. The world has moved to electronic media. True crime stories are still alive and well - on Dateline, and on cable networks. (I know an actor who has been cast in a couple of those shows as the evil boyfriend who helps the woman kill her husband so they can be together. Amusingly, he's gay.)

And, of course, the Internet.
Silkenvixen
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Silkenvixen »

I have a small collection of them that I used to buy when they were actively being published. Usually if there was a bondage cover, more often than not that was all the bondage there was. Drop me a reminder and I'll point you to some sites where you can download those covers, and maybe even share my cover collection with you that I've downloaded over the years.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic