It seems somethings don’t change

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
Bandit666
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

It seems somethings don’t change

Post by Bandit666 »

Having been a member of the old site for several years. And then joining what I hoped was the new and improved upgrade I have again found myself wondering why. In the last few days I’ve made contact with members. And just like in the past I’ve beem left wondering two things. Why I bother wasting my time. And the other if they’re anything like they claim to be.

Am I the only one that wonders and finds it a shame that it seems some members claim to be what they’re not. Or are just plain rude
Steak in a Tree
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Steak in a Tree »

I mean, I didn't really expect too much to change, that's why I don't really contact new people anymore. I too have found it to usually be a waste of time.
DallasNotAustin
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by DallasNotAustin »

I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt. New people may be intimidated or the likes by having someone they’ve never met approach them. For some people this is a rather secret and sensitive topic so they may not be willing to open up to strangers until they get their sea legs and learn that the website is meant to be for people to open up and come out of their shells, but some are more reluctant to leave the safety and isolation of said shells for one reason or another, but regardless of the reason, take any rude contact or no contact at all with new people with a grain of salt ya?
Your local catboy maid & sock enthusiast.

If you're reading this, you can do me a huge favor and have a great day!
Bandit666
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Bandit666 »

I appreciate all those points dallasnotaustin, but my point is just like the old days there seems to be a lot of fakers. A lot that claim to be something they’re not. I’m convinced some I’ve spoke to lately aren’t what it seems. Aren’t the females they claim to be, aren’t many other things besides.

That’s what seems to let things down. Stops me from wanting to chat these days. Stops me from being willing to share the knowledge I’ve gained from my years involved with bondage. Stops me from trusting these so called members
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

I don't have much to add. But I happen to know that a lot of people are trying to use this place for purposes other than what it was intended for (stories and bondage-related discussions). A lot of users seem to be trying to use this international story board as a sort of hookup site and are only here to chat with others.
Identities don't manner on fanfiction.net. They don't matter on here either. This is a story sharing platform, nothing else.

Everyone is free to use the site as they please, but unless the expectations are kept low, disappointments are bound to happen.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Lucien
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Lucien »

To be honest, I was around on the old site for years as a lurker. I just never wound up enough nerve to interact. Since coming to this site, I have found people to be relatively friendly, found an RP buddy already lol. Honestly, talking about what I am into so openly is extremely frightening, after telling someone my likes I was preparing to just delete my account. Happily they came back with nothing but support and understanding.

I have found since coming into this community that, while some people are loners, and there are even a few creeps, for the most part these people are quite welcoming and friendly.
MaxRoper
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by MaxRoper »

I agree 100% with [mention]bondagefreak[/mention] . This was originally meant to be a place for bondage stories and discussion. If someone wishes to pretend they're something they aren't, so be it. There are other sites for arranging meet-ups.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

I can't imagine anyone on here pretending to be other than they are! (Whistles tunelessly and tries to look innocent.)

X
Xavier Tarquin Cholmondley, Phd, MA (Hons),
(Professor of Verrnacuar English at the University of the South Coast)
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

As other have said, this sites purpose is NOT for hookups. And for the record, if you expect people you meet on the internet to be genuine 100 percent of the time, you're kinda delusional. The internet allows users to be highly anonymous and provides a platform for people to be who they really arent. You never fully trust who you meet on the internet.

So bottom line: this site was never intended to be a meetup website, as stated by others already. If you have a story to tell, love reading ficion and non fiction bondage stories, or want to discuss bondage related topics in TUG talk, you've come to the right place. We are not anything else outside of this purpose.
Bandit666
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Bandit666 »

Alas maybe some miss my point. I’m not talking about it being for hook ups. Nor am I bothered if it does or doesn’t. My point is this. There seems to have been a return of those who wish to portrait themselves as females when they’re not. Maybe they have their reasons. Yet for me it’s so they can get their thrills in so sick way. All I say to them is this. Grows set of balls and man up. You’d still get the answers you seek without all the lies
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

Bandit666 wrote: 5 years ago Alas maybe some miss my point. I’m not talking about it being for hook ups. Nor am I bothered if it does or doesn’t. My point is this. There seems to have been a return of those who wish to portrait themselves as females when they’re not. Maybe they have their reasons. Yet for me it’s so they can get their thrills in so sick way. All I say to them is this. Grows set of balls and man up. You’d still get the answers you seek without all the lies
No site is immune to that kind of behavior. I know there have been several cases of people harassing others, and the best you can do is report each instance to us and we'll ban their account.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic