A MESSAGE TO FORUM LURKERS AND SILENT READERS

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

[mention]BondageKitten[/mention] you can always review and critique stories and drawings, which is also something we need more of. You don't have to write stories and draw TUG art to contribute something of worth to the board.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

It's nice to see so many new faces popping up this week and coming out of lurking mode!
Haven't seen the TUG board this lively in quite a while!
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

BondageKitten
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by BondageKitten »

chadmc90 wrote: 6 years ago @BondageKitten you can always review and critique stories and drawings, which is also something we need more of. You don't have to write stories and draw TUG art to contribute something of worth to the board.
Thanks, @chadmc90, sounds good. :D
I'm a damsel. I'm in distress. I can handle this. Have a nice day.
MisterMistoffelees
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by MisterMistoffelees »

BondageKitten wrote: 6 years ago You all seem like a pretty friendly bunch to me. :D I really wish I was talented in the writing or drawing department so I could contribute something of worth. Kudos to all you wonderful peeps! I haven't read a story here I didn't enjoy.
Just as others have pointed out, you can always comment on what you read--in fact (at least from where I'm sitting) one of the major reasons story writers stop posting is the lack of commentary on their threads. Just speaking for myself, it feels like one is shouting into a void when one posts chapter after chapter, and gets no response. Even a few words to let the writer know how you feel is a great encouragement for writers to keep writing.
Welcome to Snowden! Enter at your own risk!
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

And we can not repeat what [mention]MisterMistoffelees[/mention] said often enough or loud enough.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

As a once prolific writer myself, i can attest to the truthfulness of what the others have said. One reason i gave up writing so much for a long while at the old site was simply because no one seemed to care. A writer needs feedback like plants need water and sunshine,
gagged-cowboy
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by gagged-cowboy »

Hi, I wanted to start with post to the roleplay directory but there was no "reply" button.
BoundJana
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BoundJana »

gagged-cowboy wrote: 6 years ago Hi, I wanted to start with post to the roleplay directory but there was no "reply" button.
I just checked and there is a reply button, you couldn't post anything because we mods had to approve your previous posts first
What are you waiting for? Finally put a gag in my mouth and play with me!
gagged-cowboy
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by gagged-cowboy »

Oh, I see ... actually I thought it would be something like that. Thank you for your reply.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

MisterMistoffelees wrote: 6 years ago Just as others have pointed out, you can always comment on what you read--in fact (at least from where I'm sitting) one of the major reasons story writers stop posting is the lack of commentary on their threads. Just speaking for myself, it feels like one is shouting into a void when one posts chapter after chapter, and gets no response. Even a few words to let the writer know how you feel is a great encouragement for writers to keep writing.
Couldn't have said it any better, mate!
Very much agree with all of the above.

Chris12
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Chris12 »

Yes I noticed there's a sudden spike of activity and I'm quite happy with it. Been browsing stuff for the first time in ages.

Perhaps the sense of having to rebuilt the community helps spark the extra activity. The lack of bloat may also be a factor. The new start offers a chance for new writers who's work might have been overlooked on the last site or the return of old stories posted ages ago.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

There's also the fact that with the forum being down for a few weeks in February, a lot of people realised how much Tugs.net meant to them. Even those of us who enjoy and partake in mature, bondage/fetish meetups genuinely enjoy this place and the sweet innocence of TUGs.

With the forum back up, I'm sure some of those who didn't post or support the board much in the past, were so happy to see it back up that they've decided to support it more actively now.

Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

bondagefreak wrote: 6 years ago There's also the fact that with the forum being down for a few weeks in February, a lot of people realised how much Tugs.net meant to them. Even those of us who enjoy and partake in mature, bondage/fetish meetups genuinely enjoy this place and the sweet innocence of TUGs.

With the forum back up, I'm sure some of those who didn't post or support the board much in the past, were so happy to see it back up that they've decided to support it more actively now.
But will that last? Human nature being what it is, I have my doubts. People, prove me wrong; please!
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

[mention]Jason Toddman[/mention]
The important is that we reach out to new members and succeed in getting new people to post.
Generally, most users will post for a year before going quiet and disappearing.
In probably 95% of cases, only those with vested interest in the site (story authors) remain active for years.
It makes sense since this site is not an information forum, but a purely entertainment-oriented one.

As long as we always have a good number of active posters (new and old), we should be good.

SolidSnickerdoodle

Post by SolidSnickerdoodle »

Last edited by SolidSnickerdoodle 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

SolidSnickerdoodle wrote: 6 years ago This post has encouraged me to start posting again. :D
Glad to hear it, mate! ;)

Here's to a productive 2018 and lots more stories, pics and bondage fun.

Tieup1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tieup1 »

I don't think, you should try to force people into posting, some of them might be too shy. I they lurk, so be it.

But I agree with some of the other posters on this thread, that lurkers, should not have the same access, as active members. No pm's or chat, until they start posting, on a fairly regular basis.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

You don't need to be a great creative wirter to be a very valuable, or even essential, part of this forum. It makes writers feel good when people write even a few words of appreciation for what they have written and, if they feel good they are likely to continue writing.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

Tieup1 wrote: 6 years ago I don't think, you should try to force people into posting, some of them might be too shy. I they lurk, so be it.
I don't think we've tried to force people to post, as that would be impossible. Like you said, we have discussed removing privileges from lurkers to give them an incentive to post.

We're mainly targeting those lurkers who only private message or complain about the site being "too quiet." Well if its quiet why not try to change that by becoming an active poster? Kind of hypocritical.....

Anyways, rant over.
ravish
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by ravish »

As someone who has only ever posted to the forum very periodically when I had something to post about on the old forum, it is really nice to see the difference between the old place and this one already.

One of the things I want to get better on is leaving feedback on stories. I struggle with it a little bit, since I feel that the kind of stories posted here are very subjective and I don't want to critique someone when something may just not do it for me personally. Whether it's writing style or specific kinks and preferences. However, I know how much even just acknowledgement and a metaphorical thumbs up can mean to an author and I encourage anyone lurking to consider the same!

A story doesn't have to be 100% your jam for you to tell the author that you read it and got some enjoyment out of it.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Absolutely!

See something you like: let the author know!
Tsuhaya
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tsuhaya »

Being a lurk is not the problem, many people can not write stories, and this is normal, now don't post anything, nor a miserable "Good job, continue" has no excuses. So I guess harder measures can change that.

Do something and don't just stare silently!
Yes, it's me in the picture. What are you waiting for to tie me up and gag me?
Deleted User 650

Post by Deleted User 650 »

I totally agree. I took a hiatus due to being in the hospital for quite a while, so I was unable to interact..... but I promise to make contributions, or at least comment and THANK the story writers for their contribution. Saying something is better than just lurking.
Z-Man
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Z-Man »

Yeah, I'll join in on the bandwagon of people apologizing for lurking. I've been busy with work/school, but I should at least give my thanks to the writers I enjoy on this site. I will try to be more active on here. :D
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Z-Man wrote: 6 years ago Yeah, I'll join in on the bandwagon of people apologizing for lurking. I've been busy with work/school, but I should at least give my thanks to the writers I enjoy on this site. I will try to be more active on here. :D
No need to apologise. Welcome to the board Zeke!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic