A MESSAGE TO FORUM LURKERS AND SILENT READERS

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

A MESSAGE TO FORUM LURKERS AND SILENT READERS

Post by bondagefreak »

STOP LURKING AND START POSTING!

Post comments on stuff you read, share pictures you like, talk about your experiences and fantasies.
I recognise MANY usernames from long-time lurkers on the previous board. If you enjoy viewing the content and following this site so much, please, let us know and help us support it by encouraging the authors you follow!

THIS FORUM NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT!
Last edited by bondagefreak 3 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

FelixSH
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by FelixSH »

Speaking only for myself, I participate more because there finally is stuff that feels relevant to my interest again, unlike how it was on the old forum during the last few years. It feels like there is more good non-sexual, non-hardcore content during a few weeks then there has been for years before. Feels a bit like going back to the roots.

Nothing against stories with sexual or hardcore stuff, of course, it just felt like that was all there was, and nothing was left for me. I am really happy that we have a bunch of new talented writers who tell of there childhood/teenage experiences in an enjoyable way.

Also, bondagefreak is right about participating. If you liked a story, give a comment, in the thread or via pm. Just one short sentence is enough, and it gives a big motivation boost to know that people enjoy your work.

Provided by bondagefreak
Click on the banner to get to the story

For more of my stories, click here.
Sniffmyfeet
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Sniffmyfeet »

I'm sure this place will be better, knowing that political topics are banned. And it will be good to see more people find their way to this new forum.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

[mention]FelixSH[/mention] and [mention]Sniffmyfeet[/mention]
Thanks for the support. It's good to know that at least some memebrs think we're getting things right.

[mention]bondagefreak[/mention] is right: don't just lurk and hoe that the board thirves - PARTICIPATE.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
WAMGuy
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by WAMGuy »

Agreed with all of this.

I posted a little bit on the old site, but I never really got properly into things, which I'm hoping (and planning) on doing here!
Mister The Edge
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Mister The Edge »

Idk, can you make it required to be logged in to see the content?
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

The thing that really bothers me is that many said it was quiet on the old site, some of those being lurkers. Yet, those same people rarely make posts, if none at all. It's quiet cause people like them are silent. It's hypocritical!

If people want to see a bustling forum, then everyone needs to chip in and make it happen. Until lurkers start coming out of their shell, there is nothing to complain about.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Open for discussion:
Is there anything to be said for a periodic purge of all registered memebrs who have not made (say) two posts in spite of having been registered for (say) one month?
Any such draconian measure would, of course, have to be notifed well in advance.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Xtc wrote: 6 years ago Open for discussion:
Is there anything to be said for a periodic purge of all registered memebrs who have not made (say) two posts in spite of having been registered for (say) one month?
Any such draconian measure would, of course, have to be notifed well in advance.
Yes! I LOVE that idea! 8-)

chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

I can also make it to where all members have to make their first two posts to be able to use private messaging.

Yes, we can easily purge members that are have been, say, registered for more than three months and have yet to contribute to the forum.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

I think [mention]chadmc90[/mention]'s suggestion of not opening pms to members whao can't be bothered to contribute.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

As long as they can still receive messages, that should work.

Johnsnow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Johnsnow »

I like the idea of PM's being limited but also think a purge should happen bi-annually to purge any member who have been register >1 month and have made <2 posts
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

My suggestion would be less than 3.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

The Professor has commanded me to correct that to: fewer than three.
Nice to see the old boy's still around!
Barefoot99
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Barefoot99 »

bondagefreak wrote: 6 years ago I'd just like to use this shout-out to let lurkers know that this forum is actually more active than our previous forum was.

True, we have lost much content, but we are averaging more posts/per day than on the previous board, not to mention the fact that ALL of the posts and topics now are bondage-related.

Over half of the old board's activity was centered around political debates, AMAs and game-threads, which made the forum look more lively than it actually was.

STOP LURKING AND START POSTING!

Post comments on stuff you read, share pictures you like, talk about your experiences and fantasies.
I recognise MANY usernames from long-time lurkers on the previous board. If you enjoy viewing the content and following this site so much, please, let us know and help us continue to make this place shine ;)
I believe it is more active because this site is like a new canvas just waiting to be filled
Barefoot and cuffed. That's the only way to go.
jayarieldrillowup
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by jayarieldrillowup »

Yes Xtc I agree that lurkers should not be able to communicate with anyone even in the chat until they post twice.

I also agree that members need to find ways to be creative in posting about bondage here.
'And behold one arose who once was thought to be dead and he spoke saying,"Heaven said I was too evil and hell said I was too good." Now he wanders forever as an immortal with magic as his birthright and as his curse.'
Meac
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Meac »

Oh, wow, that escalated from "please post" to "post or be kicked out" real fast.

And now, back to the shadows.
Pup
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Pup »

Yeah realistically this does seem be escalating rather quickly.

Those damn lurkers stealing our bandwidth!!!
We need to build a wall and make them lurkers pay for it?
Yeha I went there. I'm sleep deprived don't judge me.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

Pup wrote: 6 years ago Yeah realistically this does seem be escalating rather quickly.

Those damn lurkers stealing our bandwidth!!!
We need to build a wall and make them lurkers pay for it?
Yeha I went there. I'm sleep deprived don't judge me.
We've been pleading for the lurkers to come out of their shell, especially at a time when the site desperately needed activity. If every lurker posted then this site would be like a superbowl party.

I don't know if we'll actually carry out those threats. It'll be decided by the current team whether or not we do.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

[mention]Meac[/mention] [mention]Pup[/mention] Actually guys, if you remember correctly, lurker purges aren't new. It's happened on the old site as well. Aside from Veracity's incident, no one cared. Why? 'Cause the only people who got deleted, were inactives who never posted or cared to contribute.

Those of us who bother posting even something as short as "Nice!" or "Thanks!" on a story/thread or two, weren't affected by the purging (save Veracity).

Still, my original post wasn't meant to demonise lurking.
It's just a response to several PMs I've received from lurkers and readers telling me that this place is too small and quiet to warrant posting.
Uh. Ok, fine. But if you've been logging in on an almost daily basis for the past year, I would think that the board would mean enough for you to want to support it by at least chipping in here and there.
Again, my message was just an invitation to join the fun and to point out that this place is getting more activity than Tugs.net was getting in 2017.

Tsuhaya
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tsuhaya »

I really was like a ghost for 2 years in the old forum, but it was for fear of posting because of the language barrier, when the old forum was gone and I got here, I finally decided it was time to be a bit active

I have many stories written in the 3 languages that I am fluent, real and fictional and according to the time and with the improvement of my English I intend to publish them and be a more active member here

Ps: If you're a ghost here, do not be afraid to post, if you can not write, share a video you saw, or something you found about Tug, do not make the same mistake as me
Yes, it's me in the picture. What are you waiting for to tie me up and gag me?
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Good to hear. I hope all those who were timorous for the same reasons as [mention]Tsuhaya[/mention] read his post.
We won't bite and there are even some of us who will give any posts the once over (as long as they are not too long) before they are posted on the open forum.
BondageKitten
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by BondageKitten »

You all seem like a pretty friendly bunch to me. :D I really wish I was talented in the writing or drawing department so I could contribute something of worth. Kudos to all you wonderful peeps! I haven't read a story here I didn't enjoy.
I'm a damsel. I'm in distress. I can handle this. Have a nice day.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic