Bad vibe

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
David Han
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Bad vibe

Post by David Han »

Did you ever been told that bondage is disgusting, or it’s wrong, or etc..?
Tie me up and have fun with me
Amberbound
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Amberbound »

I had a roommate once tell me (and my other roommates) that she had been tied up once and thought anyone who liked it was insane. Needless to say, I did not out myself in that moment
shyguy92
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by shyguy92 »

Oh yes.
The topic doesn't come up often, but about 90% of the time it has around me the reaction was pretty negative.
There are people who don't (want) to get it at all.
uemndlr
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by uemndlr »

A ten-year old girl is found in a school toilet, tied hands and feet with cable ties.

What would be the sensible thing to do? I'd say, talk with her in private to find out what happened. Whether she did it herself, some other pupils, or some stranger.

What did they do? Call the police and an ambulance, send all the children home immediately, take her to the hospital although she's not hurt. She said a man had tied her (I assume she was embarrassed), but the next day it turns out she did it herself. Send some psychological help her way, including the family. A press release by the police. And the yellow press writing "It's still unclear what drove her to this madness".

Well, that's a way to create a trauma. The poor girl will need quite some therapy before she can enjoy bondage again.
U+101D3
FacelessMage
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by FacelessMage »

uemndlr wrote: 3 years ago A ten-year old girl is found in a school toilet, tied hands and feet with cable ties.

What would be the sensible thing to do? I'd say, talk with her in private to find out what happened. Whether she did it herself, some other pupils, or some stranger.

What did they do? Call the police and an ambulance, send all the children home immediately, take her to the hospital although she's not hurt. She said a man had tied her (I assume she was embarrassed), but the next day it turns out she did it herself. Send some psychological help her way, including the family. A press release by the police. And the yellow press writing "It's still unclear what drove her to this madness".

Well, that's a way to create a trauma. The poor girl will need quite some therapy before she can enjoy bondage again.
Sounds like something my small town would have dome. People get awfully crazy when young girls start doing anything remote sexual. And they can't fathom the idea that a younger girl actually likes being tied up
uemndlr
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by uemndlr »

Yes, I was younger than that when I started being interested in that!
Come to think about it, I might start a poll about this...
U+101D3
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

When I was young, with one exception, none of us really liked getting tied up, but we sure liked it when we were the ones doing the tying.

Drawscore
TimChimp
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by TimChimp »

No, most i have heard from people I know is that they found it unappealing but I'm pretty sure at least some people do.
Gagfan
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Gagfan »

Out in the real world no, occasionally one of my stories will get tore into by someone who thinks it is absolutely appalling but luckily doesnt happen often
For my stories I haven't gotten around to posting here: https://gagfan.wordpress.com/
TightsBound
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TightsBound »

Sometimes talking among friends, the conversation veers into topics like bondage or other fetishes. I usually get pretty quiet and hope my interests don’t become known, especially when the kink shaming and use of the word freak starts.
FelixSH
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by FelixSH »

I never had such a negative reaction, but I specifically only spent time with people who aren't so stupid, that they judge someone for something as harmless as a fetish.

Provided by bondagefreak
Click on the banner to get to the story

For more of my stories, click here.
Tights tights tights
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tights tights tights »

I have an alterego Facebook page and I have posted videos and photos of women tied up and gagged.. then some spoiled sport just randomly commented on one of my posts a d said "bondage really freaks me out" well then i just replied by typing "don't look at pictures with bondage than? Just hide bondage posts from your timeline and don't follow people who are into it!?"

...as for the topic, I don't talk about tie ups with people who I know personally incase it provokes exactly what this topic is about... BAD-VIBE
HHHMMMPP mmnnpph mmpph nnnpph hmm hmmm mmmnnn hhhmmhhpp
ricktied
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by ricktied »

I've never been told it's wrong but I have definitely offended people with the subject. I work in Security and once in awhile my roommate would let me practice my handcuffing on him. The last time I thought it would be funny to threaten tying him up with duct tape after I got him cuffed. I've never seen anyone act the way he did in handcuffs. All I want to know is what his plan was if he'd gotten by me before I stopped him cuz he was trying hard and there was no way he was getting those cuffs in front of him.
shyguy92
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by shyguy92 »

ricktied wrote: 3 years ago I've never been told it's wrong but I have definitely offended people with the subject. I work in Security and once in awhile my roommate would let me practice my handcuffing on him. The last time I thought it would be funny to threaten tying him up with duct tape after I got him cuffed. I've never seen anyone act the way he did in handcuffs. All I want to know is what his plan was if he'd gotten by me before I stopped him cuz he was trying hard and there was no way he was getting those cuffs in front of him.
Wow :shock:
You'd think if he was okay with being handcuffed tape wouldn't be a huge extra step.
illest
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by illest »

Another thing irritating about people's views on bondage is that there's so many layers of it but the general public just sees one. Like there's so many extreme aspects of bondage that I would never get into, but at the same time knowing how the aspects I do like would be viewed by the general public I wouldn't judge someone for. I feel like one of the core, more dangerous problems is that the general public tends to fill in the blanks of what they don't understand with psychotheory and how they've seen the media portray things. Meanwhile more severe potentially detrimental things we've dissected, discussed, and debated to the point that they've become normalized.

The result? A 10-year old getting pregnant? Looked down upon but normal by proxy of that it happens and we know to a extent why it happens. A 10-year old tying himself/herself up? It's a wish for suicide or a satanic ritual or a mental disorder or some evil predator is telling her to do it. Not that neither of these things can be possible, but highly improbable. The most realistic possibility; that she's into being tied up and seeing people tied up like the millions of us that got tied and gagged or watched a fictional character tied and gagged in our tweens and found it exciting for whatever reason, is ironically the taboo possibility that will never be discussed.

It takes me to one of the reasons why I make my occasional self bondage sessions very easy to escape from. I'd hate for my wife and loved ones to find me severely hurt or becone a tragedy but I'd hate even more for them to think it was a suicide attempt or that I got caught up in some cult or something. It would have been a case of me doing something that admittedly partially instinctual and partially sexually I enjoyed that happened to go wrong. In a sense though that's ironically a good thing because self bondage in itself has considerable risks so reducing any of those risks although less exciting is a plus.
Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Kyle »

I don't ever recall anyone discussing it in that much detail. People make occasional jokes, but that's about it.
uemndlr
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by uemndlr »

U+101D3
TheOfficeOrc
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by TheOfficeOrc »

TightsBound wrote: 3 years ago Sometimes talking among friends, the conversation veers into topics like bondage or other fetishes. I usually get pretty quiet and hope my interests don’t become known, especially when the kink shaming and use of the word freak starts.
Same! Even if someone I knew talked positively about kink, as a teenager I was still terrified to out myself in case word spread and I was lynched by some town mob :lol: silly I know.

It's important to work on opening up to trusted people. I still kick myself over all the missed opportunities to explore my kinks because of my own (mostly) irrational fears.

Stay safe and have fun :D
BondageBoyUK
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by BondageBoyUK »

I think nowadays bondage isn't seen in such a bad light at least here in the UK. The amount of jokes involving bondage I've heard is unreal but I still wouldn't tell anyone I'm into it.

It's a classic case of people knowing nothing about the topic and making their own assumptions. People automatically think it involves chains and whips and while it can it doesn't have to. It could literally just involve being handcuffed to a bed maybe even in toy handcuffs if that works for someone. I've heard a couple of people kink shaming but it seems a lot more rare that people disapprove of it.
honourthechapter1775

Post by honourthechapter1775 »

Same here although a lot of friends I have ended up telling them about my fetish they seem pretty cool with it even if I feel a bit uncomfortable about it for a while afterwards. I think it's up to the descression of the individual at hand really and what they think of bondage in itself as I know there are a lot of open minded people out there who are willing to accept it if not even give it a go.

Then you have the other half who tease and mock you because of it, I don't feel comfortable talking about it more times than others because of it really as I get easily embarrassed by it as it's not something I'm particularly proud of.

I think that is why I keep it to myself a lot of the time just saved the stress and hassle of having to confess to someone about it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic