Chloroform - is it dangerous?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
Exelsia
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Chloroform - is it dangerous?

Post by Exelsia »

A friend of mine is about to go for a session next week and his rigger said he wanna try chloroform on him. I'm wondering how safe this is? Any side effects? How long will a person be knocked out?
What's better than the combination of a pair of skinny jeans, canvas belts and sneakers? One that involves ropes, duh.
Chris12
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Chris12 »

There are no 100% safe ways of knocking someone out. So that goes for Cloroform too.
KP Presents
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by KP Presents »

In a word, yes - Chloroform is an early anaesthetic, and it needs to be handled with great care because the risk of something happening is very, very large.
Read stories of ordinary women in peril at www.kppresents.com
Reidy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Reidy »

It cuts off oxygen to the brain. It's extremely dangerous and shouldn't be used for real.
CapturedCarol
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by CapturedCarol »

It will knock someone out hence an early anaesthetic, but only as long as you breathe it. it clears quickly so to keep someone under you have to keep chloroform cloth in place. Anaesthetics has a sort of frame over the head where chloroform was dropped onto a cloth to make sure the dose was controlled. There is risk of suffocation if you hold a soaked cloth over the face. Also many people hold their breath then take a deep breath when struggling. If that deep breath is chloroform then there are other side effects like causing heart attack.

Chloroform is a drug. You may as well ask are sleeping tablets or heart drugs dangerous.
Amberbound
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Amberbound »

On top of all this there's also a chance of causing harm to the kidney and liver if it's not very carefully monitored, like being applied too long or too much of it. Plus it doesn't work instantly like the movies make it seem. It takes several minutes to actually knock someone out. So in a word, yes, I would highly recommend against using it in any way
Fesselfan
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Fesselfan »

As many have said- don't use it.
After all, there is a reason why anesthetist are highly specializes experts.
If you want such a scenario, the only way is a little acting...i.e. a piece of cloth, maybe with some water on it...and a timer. The victim has to act "unconcious" (apply blindfold for more realism) untill the timer beeps (i.e. 5 minutes)

Cheers

FF
Rope is the sexiest lingerie. And there is only one thing better than rope- even more rope.
Exelsia
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Exelsia »

Thank you guys. Seems chloroform should be avoided in real play at all costs. Too risky. I'll let my friend know and hopefully he'll back off from it.
What's better than the combination of a pair of skinny jeans, canvas belts and sneakers? One that involves ropes, duh.
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

It is not something I would recommend.

You see it frequently in the movies and on TV, but keep in mind that the actors - even the kids - are professionals. That "chloroform" that is poured onto a rag, and held over the victim's mouth and nose, is probably just water, and the actor will do a good job of pretending to lose consciousness, and just going limp while his hands are tied behind him.

The other aspect, is safety, and Murphy's Law applies: "If anything CAN go wrong, it WILL go wrong, and usually at the worst possible moment." (And Murphy was an optimist.)

Drawscore
MaxRoper
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by MaxRoper »

Long ago a friend and I had a deal. A rag with a few drops of vanilla extract (enough to smell, not enough to piss off our moms) pressed over the face would cause the victim to pass out and allow the villain enough time to apply some rope. That's as close to real chloroform as I want to get.

Side note: Eventually we had to buy our own bottle of the stuff.
DallasNotAustin
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by DallasNotAustin »

Yeah there's a strong possibility something will go wrong in this situation. I don't know about the health risks as much as some of these people but those aside, when dealing with a stranger they could be different than they appear to be. It's one thing to be bound but to be rendered unconscious by one is another thing. While they're out they could take your wallet, keys, phone and such and you may never be the wiser. Aside from the health aspects, I'd advise against that kind of thing, especially if you don't know the person doing it.

Best of luck to ya and safe tying,
Dallas
Your local catboy maid & sock enthusiast.

If you're reading this, you can do me a huge favor and have a great day!
radarlove67
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by radarlove67 »

Setting aside the health and safety dangers, which are very real, your friend also needs to consider what is actually going to happen?

It is most definitely not like tv or the movies, you won't be succumbing in a few seconds in to a blissful sleep.

Chloroform reacts on contact with air, so when the drug is dripped on to a cloth or pad it starts to give off fumes. It's those fumes, if breathed in, that render you unconscious. Doctors who first used it, would hold the handkerchief close to the patient's face and they would breathe the fumes and go whoozy. At some point someone had the thought, that it could be used to kidnap people by rendering them unconscious.

But if you think about it, we're all different. Our heights and weights vary, our physiology varies; so judging how much to administer was and is a complete lottery. Hence why it's extremely dangerous and even if you could judge how much to drip on the pad you can't regulate how long to hold the pad in place and how much the 'victim' is going to breathe in. They also need to take in air, as mentioned by others, or they will suffocate.

That's not to say it's not fascinating in a TUG way. Speaking personally, I grew up watching people get chloroformed on tv and in movies. But there is a vast difference between us all using it as a device to tie someone up and using it for real. So steer clear of the real thing and use perfume or after shave for fun. Far safer to play-act and keep your victim safe and sound.

It can be an interesting element in a TUG, holding a hankie over someone's mouth (whilst remembering to keep their nose free) and telling them to behave. There is a nice thrill from hearing someone's muffled squeals, but you're meant to be having fun. So playact and avoid the real thing is my advice.
Stoutland395
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Stoutland395 »

I guess I'm saying the same thing.
Chloroform in fiction is fine.
Real life? Not so much.
rafeylovesbonds
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by rafeylovesbonds »

Hey,

Reading through all the postings on this topic, I think the contributing community has done a great job of separating fact (what happens in real life) from fiction (i.e. Hollywood). Some very sensible views and thoughts expressed here, to which respect should be afforded.

Weirdly, I was talking about this very thing (though with dental gas, not actually chloroform) with my domme yesterday and her professional view was, DON'T EVER use anything like this unless whoever administers the substance has the medical training to be able to do so safely and deal with any issues arising either during or afterwards.

Rafey
Is she out there, she who ties you up and then you stay tied up?
Deleted User 4370

Post by Deleted User 4370 »

We used chloroform as a solvent in my workplace years ago. All that stuff did was give me a massive headache. It would be pretty darned painful to get knocked out with it.
boundsub
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by boundsub »

Using chloroform is a bad idea that ranks right up there with engaging in breathplay and putting plastic bags over a submissives head- dangerous to use in RL and could potentially kill someone.

Best left to a professional anesthesiologist.
Amm1973es
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Amm1973es »

Playing with narcotic products in a session I don't think is the most suitable, even a light pill that sells without a prescription is not free of side effects or possible unexpected mishaps when ingested by the passive part of the game.
In addition there is the question of the necessary confidence that would be required towards the person who drugged you, it would be to be at the mercy of another person completely.
I am a man with the role of Rope top/Rigger, I have been attacked by the Tugs since I was a child. Both without sexual components, and with them within my limits.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic