Catalog Work Removed

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
Emma
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Catalog Work Removed

Post by Emma »

In case I become the latest "Deleted User", the reason is I am considering leaving. Don, my hubby, author of the stories I post, isn't certain he wants to continue writing stories to be placed here.

Why? This afternoon I got a terse PM from a moderator (with whom I've never had any on-site communication with before) saying my list of Don's stories in the catalog section was not in the proper format, and anything there would be deleted. And it was.

I put in a lot of time getting those stories listed and linked, and for nothing.

Often, writers forget to gender tag their stories. When that happens, a moderator gently asks them to fix it, and the author does so.

If the moderator who PMed me had, instead of scolding me, gently pointed out that I failed to use the prescribed format, and that I needed to fix it, I would have apologized and done so. I was not offered that chance. Instead, I was told to "(p)lease pay attention to the posting guidelines in the story catalog section if you want to highlight your story." If I want to highlight it? I posted the catalog of Don's stories after reading another moderator suggesting the idea on one of the Community boards. I thought it was a good idea.

I understand the moderators run this site, and have rules that must be followed. That's appropriate. However, deleting a post in a catalog area (one that, again, took some time to list and provide links) because it didn't follow a particular format, no option for the author to change it to fit protocol, seems pretty draconian.

I may stay here (if I'm allowed to). I may not. Nothing's been decided. I doubt, though. I'll go through the time and trouble of making another catalog. If I do, I'll need to know that effort won't be wasted if I make an error in protocol.

Emma
Don's Stories, Posted by Emma, Are Here!:https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=5915
OldTUGger
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by OldTUGger »

This happened to me, too. Last night, in fact.

I got the same terse PM, worded the same way. When I saw the warning that the post might be deleted, I sent an immediate return PM promising to play by the rules and fix whatever was wrong. I then went to the story catalog, and found what Emma found -- that my index had been deleted.

I just discovered, from reading Emma's post, that a moderator had suggested just such a format for an index of a writer's stories. This makes the sudden, apparently arbitrary decision to delete our index posts quite troubling, to say the least.

Is it really standard operating procedure for one moderator to make snap decisions without consulting either the offending party or another moderator? If so, authors should be on notice that the slightest misstep can cause them to lose hours' worth of work.

My question to the mods is: If a really popular author, such as sarobah from the old site, had made similar misstep, would her work have been deleted, and would she have been notified only after the action took place?

Frankly, I think not.
Links to all of my stories can be found here in the Story Catalog: https://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=6023
Solarbeast

Post by Solarbeast »

Your posts have been restored if you would like to fix the formatting, and other users pointed out the errors to us using the report button, and there was a discussion between the mods about it
Emma
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Emma »

Solarbeast wrote: 4 years ago Your posts have been restored if you would like to fix the formatting, and other users pointed out the errors to us using the report button, and there was a discussion between the mods about it
Thank you!
Don's Stories, Posted by Emma, Are Here!:https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=5915
OldTUGger
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by OldTUGger »

Solarbeast wrote: 4 years ago Your posts have been restored if you would like to fix the formatting, and other users pointed out the errors to us using the report button, and there was a discussion between the mods about it
Thank you very much. We truly appreciate your action.
Links to all of my stories can be found here in the Story Catalog: https://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=6023
rafeylovesbonds
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by rafeylovesbonds »

Does this mean we won't lose you just yet @Emma?

Rafey
Is she out there, she who ties you up and then you stay tied up?
Emma
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Emma »

rafeylovesbonds wrote: 4 years ago Does this mean we won't lose you just yet @Emma?

Rafey
Yes, it does mean that!

I do think how I originally listed Don's stories is easier to navigate than what the protocol calls for, but I don't make the rules. I just follow them.

That's what submissives do, right? :lol:

And since I'm working, RIGHT NOW to conform my resurrected catalog to protocol, I best get back to work! Don wrote too many stories!
OldTUGger
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by OldTUGger »

Emma wrote: 4 years ago
rafeylovesbonds wrote: 4 years ago Does this mean we won't lose you just yet @Emma?

Rafey
Yes, it does mean that!

I do think how I originally listed Don's stories is easier to navigate than what the protocol calls for, but I don't make the rules. I just follow them.

That's what submissives do, right? :lol:

And since I'm working, RIGHT NOW to conform my resurrected catalog to protocol, I best get back to work! Don wrote too many stories!
And once I see how Emma formats hers, I'll be tweaking mine to match. I agree with her. What she came up with originally was much easier to navigate. It was one-stop shopping for an author's work.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

Guys,

If you feel like a moderator did something he/she shouldn't have done, send us a PM about it. We do not know about issues like that unless you tell us. Let XTC, John, or I know (copy all 3 of us).
Emma
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Emma »

chadmc90 wrote: 4 years ago Guys,

If you feel like a moderator did something he/she shouldn't have done, send us a PM about it. We do not know about issues like that unless you tell us. Let XTC, John, or I know (copy all 3 of us).
Thank you, Chad (I hope I can call you that). I assumed you all knew.

For me, it's a closed issue; the moderator apologized, un-hid our catalogs (I thought it was gone for good!) and I just now finished editing mine to forum protocol.

And my signature link works again! :D
OldTUGger
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by OldTUGger »

Emma wrote: 4 years ago
chadmc90 wrote: 4 years ago Guys,

Thank you, Chad (I hope I can call you that). I assumed you all knew.

For me, it's a closed issue; the moderator apologized, un-hid our catalogs (I thought it was gone for good!) and I just now finished editing mine to forum protocol.

And my signature link works again! :D

Mine is complete now, too. Thanks, everyone, for getting this straightened out!
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

I should have read these before writing to the complainants!

Matter closed!
Locking the thread.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
Locked Previous topicNext topic