Rope marks

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
CapturedCarol
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Rope marks

Post by CapturedCarol »

Has anyone ever had to dress inappropriately or change plans because of embarrasing rope marks, gag marks, handcuff bruises etc?
Deleted User 4409

Post by Deleted User 4409 »

I almost screwed up due to having an important work meeting and having a bit too tight of a wrap around gag session too close to each other.
gaggednbarefoot
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by gaggednbarefoot »

Worn jeans , socks and rugby shirt when shorts, and t-shirt were more appropriate.
Emma
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Emma »

Several times!

Once, I was getting in my car to go to a job interview, and realized I had rope marks on my arms and legs, and had to VERY quickly change clothes. A couple of times I went clubbing after being tied up, and had to change first for the same reason; I wasn't happy about it since I really liked the outfits I was wearing, lol.
Don's Stories, Posted by Emma, Are Here!:https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=5915
gaggednbarefoot
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by gaggednbarefoot »

I think its provably worse for women. I can usually get away with trousers (except swimming) but women are sometimes expected to wear skirts, and thick woolly tights in August don't look right.
fungirlkatie
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by fungirlkatie »

that's a reason why I like scarves it's way less likely to leave marks.
Still here, still really like using scarves for bondage
CapturedCarol
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by CapturedCarol »

I'm sure, in fact I know, a tight cleave gag can leave marks, and I've had red marks when I struggled in scarves. They are not 100% mark free but I agree far less likely than ropes to mark.
Handsome Scoundrel
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Handsome Scoundrel »

Wear your rope marks with honor. The less we play the game like we're doing something wrong, the less wrong it becomes.
Male, 29, with a preference for ropes, tape, and cloth. I like to do the tying and am only interested in non-sexual bondage. If you'd like to chat, send me a private message sometime!
My avatar is the work of nightwrap79 (deviantart).[/url]
Alisonlovesropes
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Alisonlovesropes »

I'm a gym instructor so I have to be very careful. I'm often working in vest top, shorts or short leggings or even swimsuit. No chance to cover up in long sleeves, trousers or tights. So despite my name (and I do love ropes) I generally use tape or leather cuffs, padded. Comfy, secure and (like scarves) less likely to mark.

Yes, before I started working, when I was at Uni, I have had to cancel the odd night out,,swim trip, or suddenly worn wrist bands, long sleeves and heavy leggings or jeans on hot sunny days.

I've learned and am far more careful with what's likely to mark now and when I can get away with marks the next day.
Sometimes gagged, sometimes blindfold. Always barefoot.
Deleted User 4409

Handsome Scoundrel wrote: 5 years ago Wear your rope marks with honor. The less we play the game like we're doing something wrong, the less wrong it becomes.
Ok so I get the other side of the argument but so much this.

It’s too bad the regular world doesn’t see it this way though....
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

The problem might be resolved by:

1. Wearing long pants and long sleeved shirts. (And having a good air conditioner in the summer.)

2. There's a difference between "tight," and "snug." Learn it.

3. Playing TUG's between 6:00 PM, and midnight. By morning, most of the rope marks will have worn off.

Drawscore
Handsome Scoundrel
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Handsome Scoundrel »

Hojojutsutengu wrote: 5 years ago
Handsome Scoundrel wrote: 5 years ago Wear your rope marks with honor. The less we play the game like we're doing something wrong, the less wrong it becomes.
Ok so I get the other side of the argument but so much this.

It’s too bad the regular world doesn’t see it this way though....
The most recent psychological stats suggest that quite a large portion (40-60%) of the US, and likely the world is at least somewhat interested in bondage. The more we make something part of the profane, the more profane it becomes. What prohibitions don't understand is that what we banish in the light goes to the dark and festers and perverts. The more we make people insecure about themselves the more perversion will occur.
Male, 29, with a preference for ropes, tape, and cloth. I like to do the tying and am only interested in non-sexual bondage. If you'd like to chat, send me a private message sometime!
My avatar is the work of nightwrap79 (deviantart).[/url]
Deleted User 4409

Right?

That’s what I’ve been moving towards as well. I find it’s more complex than that in practice when a good portion of jobs for example are so traditional: cops, lawyers, politicians to name a few. Most people in certain careers don’t want to chance a slip up and losing their careers over it...
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

One other thing I forgot to mention, is that you don't need to use rope. There were times when I was growing up, we sometimes tied each other with strips torn from a used sheet we got for a quarter at the Goodwill store. The strips were 7-8 feet long, and 3-4 inches wide. They worked pretty good as gags, too. (Especially the ones we deliberately made 5-6 inches wide.)

Drawscore
DallasNotAustin
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by DallasNotAustin »

I was doing a bit of self bondage one time when I had a lesson instructor come to my house for trumpet. I didn’t hear him because I had a blindfold on so when I did I had to rush down but I don’t think he saw anything. I keep track of time a lot better now.
Your local catboy maid & sock enthusiast.

If you're reading this, you can do me a huge favor and have a great day!
BindPam
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BindPam »

I'm almost to the point I don't really care of others see them.
Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Kyle »

Not exactly, but I had a bit of duct tape residue left on my face when I went to an eye doctor appointment as a teenager after using it during a self-bondage session. The woman helping me with picking out glasses actually noticed it since she was looking at my face from about 6 inches away and commented on it, but fortunately didn't know what it was. I am really glad she didn't know, because that would have not been something I wanted to try to explain. I guess I could've avoided it if I'd washed my face better.
rafeylovesbonds
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by rafeylovesbonds »

drawscore wrote: 5 years ago The problem might be resolved by:

1. Wearing long pants and long sleeved shirts. (And having a good air conditioner in the summer.)

2. There's a difference between "tight," and "snug." Learn it.

3. Playing TUG's between 6:00 PM, and midnight. By morning, most of the rope marks will have worn off.

Drawscore
Also, of course, the marks will be far worse and more noticeable if you struggle against your bonds, rather than just accepting them (though where's the fun in that).

Rafey
Is she out there, she who ties you up and then you stay tied up?
Dpsiic
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Dpsiic »

Unfortunately I work in the health service where the rule is ‘bare below the elbow’ so I can’t even wear a wristwatch so I have to be very careful with ropemarks on my wrists.
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

After a selfbondage session, I wanted to go to bed, but my kids (they don't know about my hobby) had an issue and I had to resolve it. When I went back to bed I bumped my big toe and did it so hard the nail came off and it bled nicely. I had to go to the ER. When I was waiting for the doctor to come in, I noticed that my legs were still showing ropemarks at my ankles. The wait time was pretty long, so by the time the doctor finally came, the marks had mostly disappeared, but it could have been fun to explain why I had these marks on my ankles.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic