Where I have been and Seatbelts growing up

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
Amy
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Where I have been and Seatbelts growing up

Post by Amy »

I know it has been a while since I posted anything here. When I first saw this board jump up I was thrilled to see it back on track. However, I have a normal full-time job and I write for a total of 4 forums right now. One of them is a gaming forum and the content is not really suitable there. Likewise, there is a more adult forum that I wouldn't feel comfortable posting the same stories there here. I know this board is a little more open to Adult TUGs, but I am not going to push my luck. So, I know around here you folks have been getting the bare end of the stick when it comes to my time the past couple of weeks. I originally wrote this story for a different forum. But, there is some crossover and a few of you might find it interesting. If any of the Mods feel it's not appropriate for any reason to feel free to delete it and PM me. That way I won't post something similar ever again. Again, I don't want to make waves on this board.

Whether you want to call them TUGs or something else, I have been into being restrained since a young age. Most of you reading this are somewhat familiar with my families history on the subject. The Majority of the exposure came from my sister's stories over the years here and on other forums. Likewise, there are several other forums that Jennifer has shared writings on as has my brother. When it comes to being tied up or restrained everyone seems to have certain things they like as part of it. Most people prefer rope and lots of it, or just handcuffs. Some like gags and blindfolds, other's don't. Some people have specific elements they want in a restraint situation. For example, my sister always like being bundled up in fleece pajamas for ties. I had a rather unusual one growing up.

One of the things I really liked for restraints growing up were just seatbelts. I know that is going to sound a little weird, but when you get down to it. They are really effective at restraining someone and are a good option for self-bondage. Another aspect I really like about any form of restraint is being able to do it in a more public setting. By the time I was 10, all of my siblings were several years into college and two of them had graduated. So, I didn't get to see them much. That left me having to experiment with self-tying techniques as I stated in one of my earlier stories. My parents weren't willing to tie me up. But, if I wanted to be tethered down into something with a seatbelt or harness, that wasn't an issue for them.

I rode in a car seat from the time I was born until I turned 7. After that, I transitioned over to one of the car vests like my sister used growing up. Riding around in the car with my mother, I would actually have the vest on and be sitting in a booster seat with the car's normal 3 point seatbelt over it. After I turned 12 or so, I went to just using the vest. To this day, unless I am the one driving I still use the vest when I ride in a car. Likewise growing up I spent a lot of time strapped down on other occasions. I had a stroller I rode in on and off until I was nearly a teenager. Likewise, I was in a high chair until I was 3. Then I transitioned over to a booster seat so that I could sit at the dinner table with everyone else.

The booster seat attached both underneath and around behind the chair with a couple of straps to keep it from moving around. It also had a T style seatbelt to keep the kid from falling out of it. Realistically, it was meant for kids between the ages of 2 and 5, but I actually kept using it until I was around 7 or so. At that point I outgrew it and I went to using something a little more improvised. I found a 2-inch luggage strap in my Mom's closet and just used it to improvise a seatbelt. I used one of the slide adjusters in the middle to make a loop in the center. I would then sit on top of the loop and pass the ends around the sides of the chair and through the loop between my legs. It made a pretty good makeshift and secure seatbelt. I used that system a lot well into the time I was a teenager both at the dinner table or if I just wanted to secured to something. Now, I know a lot of you don't consider being strapped down at the waist a real form of restraint. However, it's surprisingly effective.

If you run a cable tie around the sides of a squeeze buckle in the right way. It makes it impossible to either open the strap or loosen it without cutting the cable tie. Likewise, unless you are strong enough to move the whole chair, you're not going anywhere. My mother and I used this a lot on me growing up. The being tethered down to my chair meant I couldn't leave the dinner table until I cleaned my plate. Likewise, I couldn't go play video games until I finished my homework. These were a few examples and there were times I just wanted to lose my ability to move around. One advantage to using this as a form of restraint was it was simple to get myself into. Tying your own hands is a very complicated and time-consuming chore, even if you just want them in front. The second reason was it left my hands free to do an activity while I was restrained. I could watch TV, play my Gameboy, color or even play a board game with others. But, I was limited in my choices because I was fixed in place.

Now, a 5 point harness or something like my car vest would be more secure for sure. I know Jennifer had a few stories about her using her's as a chair seatbelt. I did that quite a few times growing up too. But that meant I had to get the harness out and adjust it. Then I would have to dig out one of the chair straps and adjust that to the chair I wanted to be strapped to. This would take around 20 to 30 minutes to get set up. With the T style lap belt I made out of the luggage strap. I just had to sit down and push one buckle together. When I turned around 10 or so, my mother bought a luggage strap home that had a 3 digit combination lock on the buckle. You could set it to anything you wanted to in order to lock your luggage shut a little tighter. Sometimes I would have her set it randomly and then strap myself down with it. In between whatever other activity. I would have to fiddle with the lock and try and find the right 3 numbers out of the 1000 possible combinations to get out. It added an interesting spin on the experience.

The other thing I like about seatbelts as a restraint device is you can do them in a more public setting. By the time a child reaches 2 years old and can sit up on their own. In a car, seatbelts and harnesses are still about keeping you safe. Anywhere else you use them, it's more about making sure the kid stays seated and doesn't run off. Most kids cannot open a push button connector until they are around 4. However, a lot of older ones will leave it alone if you strap them in. I was no exception. Using a belt system as a restraint also let me have some tie up experiences away from home and in a more public setting.

A good example, if you walk into a Walmart store with a child between the ages of 5 and 11 with their hands tied behind their backs. You are probably going to get a visit from the police or child protective services. Even if they are wearing handcuffs and they are the toy ones with little push button openers you will likely get the same result. But, if you walk into a store and put your child in the cart or in one of the little shop along benches. Nobody thinks anything about a kid even as old as 10 to 11 being strapped down in a 5 point seatbelt. Realistically, if you are tethered in one, you can still move your hands and feet pretty freely. But, your whole upper body is pinned back in the seat and you cannot go anywhere. I think I spent more time belted down in stores than not until I was a teenager. My preference was actually the 5 point seatbelt seats. But, if they weren't available, I would normally still end up in the cart seat with the normal belt at least fastened.

I am posting this here as an introduction to the story to come. I am writing for another forum that focuses more on child restraints of this type. However, I thought some of you might find it interesting here. So, I thought I would post this in Tugs Talks to let you know what's coming next and see how the community responds to it.
mikeybound
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by mikeybound »

Very interesting Amy. This isn’t unlike Jennifer’s tales from the old board. Was anyone else involved with your TUGs?
Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

Post by Canuck100 »

Interesting introduction. Looking forward to reading your next story.
Plueschbabycd
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Plueschbabycd »

Hallo Amy, think that this better way to hide tie up in public. Jennifer give us for car safety vest a catalog that was for person with special need and no one would to day would anything against this person. The most had possibly add you to this, especially If thy do not know you. As disable wheelchair user I know very well what it give. Personally I have nothing against wannabee, especially I know could a mentally disorder, as long the do nothing that harm the reputation of handicap persons.

I would love read this story off you and possible more story on this.
Andrew
Felinius
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Felinius »

I have a similar interest, but from the other side. I was never restrained growing up. My family had a laissez faire regarding road trips and the like, I would often just ride in the back of the SUV with the seats laid down, and no buckles, and as comfy as it was for me to snuggle into a sleeping bag and strap myself in, it was actually frowned upon.

In regards to the vest, I’ve wanted one since the first time I saw one as a teen, and still do. But I have no idea how to go about doing so.

Thank you for the stories so far, and looking forward to more.
Amy
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Amy »

Technically the vests are intended as a special needs product. But, including myself I know 6 people who use them who are not diabled. When I was a kid you had to know where to order one from. The supply company Mary worked for carried them. Now adays you can order one online if you want one. But, they are relatively expensive, but the added safety is worth it in my mind. Order page is here for a family car if you are interested, https://www.especialneeds.com/e-z-on-ad ... gJ0j_D_BwE
Felinius
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Felinius »

I’ve tried a couple of times to get in touch with them, regarding ordering from them, but haven’t heard back :(

But thank you anyway :) I’ll just periodically keep checking. :)
Plueschbabycd
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Plueschbabycd »

Amy wrote: 6 years ago Technically the vests are intended as a special needs product. But, including myself I know 6 people who use them who are not diabled. When I was a kid you had to know where to order one from. The supply company Mary worked for carried them.
Hallo Amy, I life only Germany, so not sure if the would send it Germany and than would question If I only you use private at home, not in car because I would possible found no one who certified me the need for it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic