Be Very Careful

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
Deleted User 4844

Be Very Careful

Post by Deleted User 4844 »

This goes out to everyone on this website. I recently discovered someone I met on this site is possibly not who they claimed to be. I refuse to call anyone out. Not my place. But i guess it goes without saying, you never know who is on the other side of the computer.

Just please be careful with who you talk to, share pictures with. This person was very convincing, made me feel...well special to them. I was very naive and wanted to meet someone with the same fetish as me that I lost all common sense and logic. It's my own fault.

I just want everyone to be careful. Not everyone lies, there are good people on here. Luckily i didn't share any exotic pictures and it's nothing that's not on my facebook for the world to see.

But anyways take care everyone. Be safe, don't be like me. Lol
Driverman
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Driverman »

That is true not just on here, but anywhere.

A good rule of thumb is don't share anything you don't want your parents, friends, significant other, and the world in general to see. If you wouldn't post it publicly, it's smart not to share it privately to someone you only know from the internet.

I will echo Ashley ... everyone please be safe! Especially you younger members, remember, anything you share with anyone is no longer yours and could pop up at any point for the rest of your life!
Deleted User 2238

Post by Deleted User 2238 »

Wow. I’m sorry to hear that happened to you.
Deleted User 4555

Post by Deleted User 4555 »

Obligatory Bump
boundto
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by boundto »

I think when meeting anyone offline you have to be careful and make sure you look out for the little signs something isnt right, and just take your time.

With fetish play, due to the nature of it you need to be even more careful as there is a lot of trust needed and one can end up in a compromising or helpless position, so again be even more careful looking out for the little signs
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

Yeah, you do have to watch what you're doing out there. That 15 year old that wants to meet for a 'session," could be bald, 65 +, and Jack the ripper.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

This is why we do not allow contact information such as kick, Facebook, etc. on this site(thats one of the reasons anyways). You share such personal information at your own risk if you do it via p.m.
Chris12
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Chris12 »

That's the thing on the internet. There's a high chance that absolutely no one is saying who they claim they are. Its a reason I decided long ago never to arrange meetings through the internet.
Pup
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Pup »

I would have to agree with everything said. You should never post anything on the internet you aren't happy with the whole world seeing, and trusting people is rarely ever a good idea.

This is a slight case of "do as I say not as I do" but still.
Skizzo
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Skizzo »

I agree. Nothing you share online is your own once you do. Emotions and excitement will dull common sense and caution, always be careful, and its unfortunate there are those who will take advantage.
Be safe my friends!
Deleted User 4844

Post by Deleted User 4844 »

Yeah, thanks everyone...i was just being stupid and naive. It's fine, no harm came of it and I won't be doing something like this again. Had to learn the hard way i guess.

Thank you all so much for the support. I think i was so desperate to find someone to share my fetish with, someone I like, around my age.

Anyways I'm sorry to stir quite a ruckus, it won't be happening again.
Pup
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Pup »

Ashley wrote: 4 years ago Yeah, thanks everyone...i was just being stupid and naive. It's fine, no harm came of it and I won't be doing something like this again. Had to learn the hard way i guess.

Thank you all so much for the support. I think i was so desperate to find someone to share my fetish with, someone I like, around my age.

Anyways I'm sorry to stir quite a ruckus, it won't be happening again.
Don't let past experiences dissuade you from talking with people in the future, very little harm can come just from having conversations, it's only where pictures or personal information are involved that you need to be very careful.
truly_trussed
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by truly_trussed »

Be careful out there, it's a scary world.

When it comes to our "hobby", it takes a lot of trust, if you want to get trussed.

Play safe, T.T.
BindPam
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BindPam »

Personal information also includes pictures. I know someone who made that mistake once (though not on this site).
Nexus
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nexus »

Obviously it is very wise to be extremely cautious when giving up information to people on the internet. But I would just like to point out that while we may be quite the minority, there are those of us out there who are who we say we are, are not predatory, and are just genuinely looking for a friend/play partner. I have met up with a handful of women now, only having chatted a short time and then met them. They put their trust in me, and likewise I trusted them. All of my experiences have been very positive, where both parties left very satisifed.

Just wanted to make it known that there are happy endings for internet dealings, caution and a little intuition need to be used is all.
Bluejay
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Bluejay »

I just joined so thanks for the advice I'll make sure to be careful
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic