Please get to know me a bit first

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
oZombiex2

Please get to know me a bit first

Post by oZombiex2 »

Not aimed at anyone in particular and I'm sure I'm not the only one experiencing this. I'm fed up of seeing I've got messages on here and looking at them just to see they've written down a tug scenario and they want me to carry it on. Please dont at least message me first and ask if I'd be interested and I will then politely respond with "no" as I don't really enjoy roleplaying and prefer to talk about past experiences and things like that. Thanks and rant over.
tarkin
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by tarkin »

I've gotten some of these messages too.
Rather annoying and I'm with you, you should say hello first and ask if they are down for it.
oZombiex2

Post by oZombiex2 »

Exactly, that's all I want. Just a message to greet me and ask me how I am. Maybe tell me a bit about themselves. Not just launch a message with a scenario and tell me to carry on because quite frankly it's plain rude.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Hi, [mention]oZombiex2[/mention] and [mention]tarkin[/mention]
I understand how irritating such post are and we, as moderators, are aware of certain problem members (the "usual susopects") whom we try to rein in and, to whom, in extreme cases, we are happy to wave ta-tas.
It might be worth just tipping-off the mods in case we need to be polite enough to hold the door open for nuisances. We can usally spot them because the content of their "Invitations" is predictable!
Xtc
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
Meac
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Meac »

I am familiar with this too, but really, it just cannot be helped. If they are not interested in breaking the ice, they probably never will be - just kindly tell them that you are not interested and move on.
oZombiex2

Post by oZombiex2 »

[quote=Xtc post_id=28770 time=1556359649 user_id=52]
Hi, @oZombiex2 and @tarkin
I understand how irritating such post are and we, as moderators, are aware of certain problem members (the "usual susopects") whom we try to rein in and, to whom, in extreme cases, we are happy to wave ta-tas.
It might be worth just tipping-off the mods in case we need to be polite enough to hold the door open for nuisances. We can usally spot them because the content of their "Invitations" is predictable!
Xtc[mention]oZombiex2[/mention]

Thanks I'll definitely let one of the mode know if it happens again.
Amberbound
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Amberbound »

AMEN!!

I agree here. Most of the time though I just ignore it, it's not a huge deal. Very few have sent more than a message or two, and the few that keep trying tend to give up after a while, or when I just call them out. The funny thing is when they say I'm rude after telling them no :lol:
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Yes, [mention]Amberbound[/mention], that always amuses me too.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
ravish
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by ravish »

this, because while I'm unlikely to deliver much on what they are probably really after, I might be happy to interact some for any message that actually puts thought into it and doesn't just jump straight into it

but hey, at least that way you also know right away to tell them no
ArrestedForever
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by ArrestedForever »

Yeah I tried roleplaying once and wasn’t into it. I have gotten a message from at least one person who just wanted to chat about experiences and stuff and that was awesome but I just ignore all the other ones. Apparently some members spam too. Sometimes I hear rumbling on a board about several people complaining about getting the same message and then I realize I got the same one. Silliness
shyguy92
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by shyguy92 »

I've gotten a handful of those.
I'm not completely opposed to RP, I guess, but launching straight into it feels weird.
BindPam
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BindPam »

If the message is "hi, wanna rp?" I just ignore it.

If they want to chat, and mention rp, then I'll (usually) chat, depending on how they present themselves, but let them know I don't roleplay.
Deleted User 4409

Post by Deleted User 4409 »

So much this. Say it louder for the people in back!
oZombiex2

Post by oZombiex2 »

BindPam wrote: 5 years ago If the message is "hi, wanna rp?" I just ignore it.

If they want to chat, and mention rp, then I'll (usually) chat, depending on how they present themselves, but let them know I don't roleplay.
Some people are even more forward than that with me. The message that really annoyed me that made me start this thread was this.

"Imagine you won a bet against me and get to tie me up and keep me as your prisoner for a whole day. What would you do? You can tie me however you want, strip me down as far as you’d like, and do whatever you want to me while I’m your helpless captive".

Messaging that out of the blue to someone you don't know anything about is just rude to me and I've had a few more in the past. I love this forum though bondage is something some of us including me find hard to talk about so having a place to talk about it without being known to people is great, but people messaging like that annoy me.
mrjones2009
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by mrjones2009 »

oZombiex2 wrote: 5 years ago Not aimed at anyone in particular and I'm sure I'm not the only one experiencing this. I'm fed up of seeing I've got messages on here and looking at them just to see they've written down a tug scenario and they want me to carry it on. Please dont at least message me first and ask if I'd be interested and I will then politely respond with "no" as I don't really enjoy roleplaying and prefer to talk about past experiences and things like that. Thanks and rant over.
Just had one of those messages and thought that it was really strange. I am going to give the person the benefit of the doubt as they were a very new member and follow [mention]Amberbound[/mention] advice. The scenario that they sent was nothing that I would be interested in anyway. At lease get that right if you are going to message someone!!
Gagfan
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Gagfan »

Those are the ones that always get me. They want to to and they send you a hyperspecific scenario, like down to the binding materials and bondage positions. At that point it is pretty much a “well if you already have something that specific in mind why don’t you just write a story?”

Oh and [mention]mrjones2009[/mention] wonderful avatar, you have good tastes! Being all bundled up in that would be delightful
For my stories I haven't gotten around to posting here: https://gagfan.wordpress.com/
DallasNotAustin
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by DallasNotAustin »

I've gotten a handful as well. I usually just respond with a polite but firm "no, I'm not interested" and that's been the end of it every time for me.
Your local catboy maid & sock enthusiast.

If you're reading this, you can do me a huge favor and have a great day!
mrjones2009
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by mrjones2009 »

Gagfan wrote: 4 years ago Those are the ones that always get me. They want to to and they send you a hyperspecific scenario, like down to the binding materials and bondage positions. At that point it is pretty much a “well if you already have something that specific in mind why don’t you just write a story?”

Oh and @mrjones2009 wonderful avatar, you have good tastes! Being all bundled up in that would be delightful
Thanks @gagfan. It is indeed a wonderful jacket.
Deleted User 4555

Post by Deleted User 4555 »

For me, bondage is part of a relationship that is already present, so when someone out of the blue says "tie me up," its just not the same, even if someone us have a thing for sudden bondage (kidnapping).

So... ya... judt start a conversatio. We all know where its headed.
bluemoon27
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by bluemoon27 »

Oh yes I have people asking me to write stories for them all the time :roll:
m/m bondage enthusiast.
The BDSM aesthetic isn't for me, please be gentle.
Switch.
Kik: @uncomfortable.html
IG: @kinktagram
Tumblr @uncomfortable-html
oZombiex2

Post by oZombiex2 »

Sorry to start up an old thread again but just look at this message I got

"You're my mom. You come over to my apartment and find me hogtied on my bed. I am not gagged. You know I work for a duct tape company and you see a box of tape against the wall. I am always a loudmouth. What do you do to me as I'm complaining and demanding you to let me out? Be sure to mock and taunt me."

I mean seriously WTF I don't know what to say but it's pretty disturbing
Emma
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Emma »

oZombiex2 wrote: 4 years ago Sorry to start up an old thread again but just look at this message I got

"You're my mom. You come over to my apartment and find me hogtied on my bed. I am not gagged. You know I work for a duct tape company and you see a box of tape against the wall. I am always a loudmouth. What do you do to me as I'm complaining and demanding you to let me out? Be sure to mock and taunt me."

And the way it's written is exactly the way the other IM you posted earlier is, just a different scenario. Which suggests to me they were written by the same person. I suppose it doesn't matter if they were or not, but, yes, it's an uncomfortable IM.
Don's Stories, Posted by Emma, Are Here!:https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=5915
oZombiex2

Post by oZombiex2 »

Emma wrote: 4 years ago
oZombiex2 wrote: 4 years ago Sorry to start up an old thread again but just look at this message I got

And the way it's written is exactly the way the other IM you posted earlier is, just a different scenario. Which suggests to me they were written by the same person. I suppose it doesn't matter if they were or not, but, yes, it's an uncomfortable IM.
It is from a different user but as you said it is very similar so perhaps it is the same person. It's good to have a place like this where we can all discuss this sort of stuff we wouldn't be comfortable talking to with people we know. I just wish people would be a bit more respectful and speak to us for a bit first.
Emma
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Emma »

oZombiex2 wrote: 4 years ago

It is from a different user but as you said it is very similar so perhaps it is the same person. It's good to have a place like this where we can all discuss this sort of stuff we wouldn't be comfortable talking to with people we know. I just wish people would be a bit more respectful and speak to us for a bit first.
I received the "You're my mom" literally at the same time I wrote my earlier reply, today, to your post,
oZombiex2.
Don's Stories, Posted by Emma, Are Here!:https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=5915
oZombiex2

Post by oZombiex2 »

oZombiex2 wrote: 4 years ago

I received the "You're my mom" literally at the same time I wrote my earlier reply, today, to your post,
oZombiex2.
Haha must be sending it to several people hoping for someone to reply.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic