TUG STORIES POLL - LONG OR SHORT SEQUENCES?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.

WHEN READING TIE UP/GAGGING SCENES, WHICH DO YOU PREFER?

LONG, DESCRIPTIVE BONDAGE/GAGGING SCENES THAT PROGRESS SLOWLY AND DELVE DEEP INTO THE CHARACTER'S REACTIONS.
79%
SHORT, FAST-PACED BONDAGE/GAGGING SCENES THAT ARE SUMMED UP IN A PARAGRAPH OR TWO.
21%

Total votes: 33

bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

TUG STORIES POLL - LONG OR SHORT SEQUENCES?

Post by bondagefreak »

VOTE ON THE POLL AND SPECIFY WHICH OPTION YOU VOTED FOR IN THE COMMENTS BELOW.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Sniffmyfeet
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Sniffmyfeet »

This was a difficult one because I enjoy both styles. But in the end, I chose for long sequences. I like it when there's a high level of detail in a story, where every tie and gag is carefully explained and where we get to know the most intimate feelings that the tied up person has.

That last part is very important in my opinion. An enjoyable story about bondage can never just be a dry list of knots and handcuffs and the like, but bondage always affects the emotions and it does so in a very powerful, overwhelming way. What is done and how those actions have an impact on those involved, belong together.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Thanks for that detailed input, my friend.
Looking forward to hearing from the rest of you as well.

I'm willing to bet that in the end, the poll will result in a close tie.
Either way, authors should take cue of the results.

Sniffmyfeet
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Sniffmyfeet »

There are 9 other people who voted, but they didn't follow your instructions to post something about their choice as well. That's sad because if you don't explain your choice, what's the point of voting in the poll?

Listen people: it's better not to disobey [mention]Bondagefreak[/mention]. So follow his instructions which he left in the first post of this thread. You might end up with a nasty gag in your mouth if you don't do so. :wink:
Tieup1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tieup1 »

I voted for the shorter sequences, I guess, I'm just too impatient :)

But, to be honest, different authors, have different styles of writing. So I think if it is well written, we will enjoy reading it, whatever the style.
Sniffmyfeet
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Sniffmyfeet »

Tieup1 wrote: 4 years ago But, to be honest, different authors, have different styles of writing. So I think if it is well written, we will enjoy reading it, whatever the style.
That's true! The most important part is that the author writes his story in a way that invites the reader to submerge himself into the story. It needs to be so attractive that the reader wants to be a part of the story. That's more important than long or short sequences. One writer will use long ones and will keep his readers on the edge of their seats, so to speak, waiting for the climax, while another writer does an equally good job by presenting his readers with a short story which they can enjoy during a few unoccupied minutes, for example while waiting in the line at the grocery store.
WrappedUp
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by WrappedUp »

Long ones with lots of detail and the emotions of the captive clearly described. I like a slow capture and tying/gagging for sure. Fast paced stories are good to keep it moving and easier to read, but slow ones have the hot details. I like both but personally a long one is prefered.
Meac
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Meac »

I have not voted, since I believe that it does not matter. Both can, had been, and will be done well. Length is of little concern when it comes to quality and immersion. I do not believe the poll's results reflect public opinion well either, as far as I can tell there are more long stories, and thus by the law of large numbers, more better long stories have been read. By a long stretch, further proofs of this are the earlier comments, most clearly state something along the lines of "I voted for X, but I like Y too."
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Meac wrote: 4 years ago I have not voted, since I believe that it does not matter. Both can, had been, and will be done well. Length is of little concern when it comes to quality and immersion. I do not believe the poll's results reflect public opinion well either, as far as I can tell there are more long stories, and thus by the law of large numbers, more better long stories have been read.
You're absolutely wrong, my friend. And I'm afraid you haven't read the poll question properly.
This has nothing to do with length of the story. The question is about bondage/gagging sequences.

Some authors, like Squirrel and DeeperThanRed for example, usually feature short, quick-paced bondage scenes in their stories. LOTS of tying up, lots of hot and intense gagging scenes.
Their stories are long, but that's beside the point. We're only talking about the actual tying/gagging sequences.

Other authors, like Bondwriter and myself, tend to split one single bondage/gagging scene into a long/multi-chaptered sequence.

The question is whether readers generally prefer the amount of details in those longer scenes or the quickness and intensity of the shorter ones. As a long time writer and reader, I very much believe this poll to be pertinent.

I unfortunately also have to disagree with you about the length stories on here.
There are actually very few long stories.
Few stories make it up to ten chapters. And those that reach 30+ can be counted on two hands.

There are way, WAY more short stories than there are long ones.

And keep in mind, the poll isn't about which is better.
It's about whether or not you're more prone to enjoying short or long bondage/gagging scenes.
Action and intensity vs detail and depth.

Meac
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Meac »

Oh. I am unsure how I managed to completely disregard the point, apologies. My points are void.
Deleted User 4370

Post by Deleted User 4370 »

I like details. I want to understand the characters better. Story building is all about the characters and the world. The action drives said world.

Just my $0.02.
Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Kyle »

This is a bit hard to answer. Well-written descriptions that provide a lot of detail can be very entertaining to read. However, done wrong, it can just drag a story down.

It also depends a bit on the type of story. With a real experience, it's nice to know details about what a person was feeling and thinking, seeing and hearing, during the experience.

All that's a long way of saying I lean towards liking descriptive scenes. At the very least, there needs to be enough to set a scene. It can get out of hand sometimes, though.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Meac wrote: 4 years ago Oh. I am unsure how I managed to completely disregard the point, apologies. My points are void.
No need to apologise, my friend.
It's an understandable mistake.

At worst, you've earned yourself some time as my personal prisoner ;)

Gagfan
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Gagfan »

I like long descriptive sequences of the bondage itself including how the victim is reacting to it and how their captor is reacting to their reaction. I dont necessarily like it though when stories get bogged down heavily in setting up the scene that leads to the ideally insufferably brutal bondage
For my stories I haven't gotten around to posting here: https://gagfan.wordpress.com/
Amm1973es
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Amm1973es »

I prefer the long ones, they give the possibility to explore more the characters and their experiences as well as reactions ..., as for the descriptions of the ties or knots I prefer them rather short, since sometimes if they get too long they end up being something Godly and difficult to imagine the result of them in the victim.

I am a man with the role of Rope top/Rigger, I have been attacked by the Tugs since I was a child. Both without sexual components, and with them within my limits.
Emma
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Emma »

I selected the short option, though that might have been a mistake.

The short option allows for "a paragraph or two" to describe how someone is being restrained. I'm thinking that's really enough space to describe it. How they feel about what's happening, the attitude of whoever is doing the restraining, and their interaction is separate.

Or is it?

Also, I was thinking each instance of restraining as a separate situation. For instance, you have a paragraph about a man tying a woman's hands behind her back. That's one situation. Then reaction. Then her arms are tied to her sides. Second situation, followed by a reaction, and so on.

But, if bondagefreak intended for what I'm calling separate situations--tying the hands (1st situation), tying the arms (second situation) tying the legs (third situation) and tying the ankles (fourth situation), if he's considering all of that to by one situation, then I voted wrong.

I hope that makes sense.
Don's Stories, Posted by Emma, Are Here!:https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=5915
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Emma wrote: 4 years ago But, if bondagefreak intended for what I'm calling separate situations--tying the hands (1st situation), tying the arms (second situation) tying the legs (third situation) and tying the ankles (fourth situation), if he's considering all of that to by one situation, then I voted wrong.
Yup, this was about the bondage/gagging/restraining sequence as a whole.
From the sound of it, you definitely seem to the prefer the longer sequences.

The poll result seems to indicate that most of us do.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic