Ingredients for a great Damsel (in Distress)

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
Stiletto Amore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Ingredients for a great Damsel (in Distress)

Post by Stiletto Amore »

People often ask me (well okay, they sometimes ask me,..) Stiletto (they say) what do you think are the ingredients for a great Damsel?

Well, I'm no expert, but for me, it would have to include the following character traits:

- A thirst for knowledge and a nose for danger - not to mention extreme clumsiness in moments of extreme stress (as a bespectacled cub reporter with no sense of balance I like to think I embody all of these qualities both good and bad!)

- Ability to pick a variety of locks using only a hair-clip (It turns out I would also make an awesome cat burglar!)

- Affinity for wearing disguises (over the years I've dressed up as a police woman, a waitress, a cowgirl, Batgirl, a purple dinosaur - don't ask! and even one occasion, one of Santa's Elves)

- A quick wit and a sharp tongue (although, be prepared - too many witticisms will almost certainly result in a tight fitting gag!)

- A job with an extremely relaxed attitude to time keeping/ attendance (when sleuthing I am often kidnapped for days at a time!)

- Extremely knowledgeable on the subject of seafaring knots (both the application and removal of!)

- To be fluent/ proficient in gag-talk (If it helps, I find that, as with learning any new language, practise makes perfect!)

- Impeccable eye for fashion - with a particular eye for accoutrements (scarves, neckties, bandanna's) that could be used as improvised binding materials (Personally I favour long skirts and high necked collars, but then people tell me I dress like a librarian from the old West so you can make of that what you will!)

- Willingness to twist her ankle at the appropriate juncture in the adventure allowing herself to be captured (sadly, this is an unavoidable plot point)

- Ability to send a text message whilst blindfolded (you'd be surprised how often I have had to do this!)

- Can identify different types of rope by touch alone (I'm not sure if this is an essential skill, but I just wanted people to know I could do it!)

- proficient in yoga - take it from me, being tied to train tracks for long periods can be extremely uncomfortable so it's a good idea to stretch first

- Able to communicate in Morse code -(particularly useful when you're bound and gagged in an attic without access to a phone)

I'm sure there are many, many others that I've forgotten, but I would love to hear your thoughts/ suggestions.
49% snooping detective, 51% Damsel in Distress.
Cub reporter and part time escapologist - They call me Houdini in heels
https://www.deviantart.com/samward18
Reidy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Reidy »

Over confidence. The belief that they know best, and going into the dark abandoned factory is the right course of action. It certainly won't result in being tied up on a conveyor belt.
Stiletto Amore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Stiletto Amore »

Reidy wrote: 4 years ago Over confidence. The belief that they know best, and going into the dark abandoned factory is the right course of action. It certainly won't result in being tied up on a conveyor belt.
Why wouldn't I be confident? What possible danger could there be snooping around a haunted doll factory in the middle of the night,..?
Hmm, upon reflection, maybe I should have told someone where I was,.. ;)
Reidy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Reidy »

Stiletto Amore wrote: 4 years ago
Reidy wrote: 4 years ago Over confidence. The belief that they know best, and going into the dark abandoned factory is the right course of action. It certainly won't result in being tied up on a conveyor belt.
Why wouldn't I be confident? What possible danger could there be snooping around a haunted doll factory in the middle of the night,..?
Hmm, upon reflection, maybe I should have told someone where I was,.. ;)

You could always tell your superhero partner. I'm sure you won't both end up being inched towards doom.
Tieup1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tieup1 »

I think there are different types of Damsel.

There's the young girl, whose mother can't pay the rent, so the guy with the big moustache, and top hat, carries her off, begs her to marry him. She refuses, so he ties her to the railway tracks. (the cruel brute)

Then there's the young female budding detective, who's always poking her nose, into other people's business, and gets caught snooping. The bad guys will enjoy tying her up, best make it nice and tight, because she is trouble !

Then there is the daughter of an eminent Scientist, who is kidnapped by the evil mastermind, who wants the secrets of the Scientist's formula.

They all,have something in common, they will be caught, tied up, and hopefully, rescued by the good guys, before some harm comes to them.
SweetDamsel
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer
Location: Tied up in dire peril awaiting my rescuer! Oh where is my hero?

Post by SweetDamsel »

Tieup1 wrote: 4 years ago
There's the young girl, whose mother can't pay the rent, so the guy with the big moustache, and top hat, carries her off, begs her to marry him. She refuses, so he ties her to the railway tracks. (the cruel brute)
This is my favorite damsel. I’m always daydreaming about being this poor, helpless damsel in distress.
Help! Save me! Where oh where is my hero?
Tieup1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tieup1 »

I prefer my damsels to be helpless, I love to see them squirm, wriggle, and moan. Just lying there waiting, and hoping, that someone will come to save them. :)

Even when they are rescued, we know that one day soon, they will be captured again. :)
SweetDamsel
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer
Location: Tied up in dire peril awaiting my rescuer! Oh where is my hero?

Post by SweetDamsel »

When I imagine I’m a damsel in distress tied to the tracks I imagine I’m struggling feebly against the ropes binding me to the railroad tracks but am too weak and frail to free myself. I can only cry for help and plead with the villain to release me as he taunts me and twirls his moustache, or if I’m gagged I whimper pitifully. I await a brave man to come to my rescue, and of course he always does so I can get captured again by the dastardly villain and carried off to be placed in peril in the sawmill or abandoned mine.

I know some people want their damsels to be spunky and fight back but I like being the completely helpless weak, frail damsel who can only cower from the villain and await a man to rescue me. That’s a great damsel for me.
Help! Save me! Where oh where is my hero?
TightsBound
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TightsBound »

I do enjoy a little spunk in my damsel. She mouths off a little too much and up gagged for her trouble. And she receives a classic “cute when angry” comment. My perfect damsel will struggle and try to get free, but at the end of the day is totally helpless. Or she might succeed in getting free, only to be caught and tied up again.
Deleted User 4370

Post by Deleted User 4370 »

I agree that a damsel needs spunk: kick, punch, scream, squirm, yell into her gag. I knew she'd be a handful when I saw her with the "Junior Nancy Drew" guide. I am so cruel I ignore her screams; I was ready for this.

Too bad I didn't realize that the railroad was closed years ago...
Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Kyle »

She needs some creativity and to be able to think fast to be able to escape, in case her would-be hero rescuer doesn't show up, or gets caught in traffic.
Amberbound
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Amberbound »

Kyle wrote: 4 years ago She needs some creativity and to be able to think fast to be able to escape, in case her would-be hero rescuer doesn't show up, or gets caught in traffic.
I think she needs just enough creativity to barely escape right as her captor walks in on her and ties her back up again. Tighter this time of course
Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Kyle »

Amberbound wrote: 4 years ago
Kyle wrote: 4 years ago She needs some creativity and to be able to think fast to be able to escape, in case her would-be hero rescuer doesn't show up, or gets caught in traffic.
I think she needs just enough creativity to barely escape right as her captor walks in on her and ties her back up again. Tighter this time of course
Make it at the very last second, too, to maximize the disappointment of getting so close to escaping.
Reidy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Reidy »

Kyle wrote: 4 years ago
Make it at the very last second, too, to maximize the disappointment of getting so close to escaping.
Also allow her a sense of humour at the terrible pun the villain will deliver at recapturing her.
Stiletto Amore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Stiletto Amore »

Reidy wrote: 4 years ago
Kyle wrote: 4 years ago

Also allow her a sense of humour at the terrible pun the villain will deliver at recapturing her.
Haha! I adore terrible puns, although, rest assured in my adventures, the damsel gets to deliver all the best lines,.. ;)
damsel
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by damsel »

Well, from my side of the isle....

My villain has to be able to either overpower me, or intimidate me into reluctantly allowing him to tie me up. I need to be tied tightly, and gagged. For making me a damsel, a cleave gag would be best.
I shouldn't be tied in a blatant sexual post (nude, to a bed, spread out). Maybe to a post or table, or just on the floor, hogtied. Blindfolded, if my villain wants. For distress, there has to be some kind of danger. Obviously, nothing actually dangerous, so either the chance he might actually do something sexual to me, or the chance others might see me.

Gotta point out, only a chance. It can't be a sure thing.
Tieup1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tieup1 »

damsel wrote: 4 years ago Well, from my side of the isle....

My villain has to be able to either overpower me, or intimidate me into reluctantly allowing him to tie me up. I need to be tied tightly, and gagged. For making me a damsel, a cleave gag would be best.
I shouldn't be tied in a blatant sexual post (nude, to a bed, spread out). Maybe to a post or table, or just on the floor, hogtied. Blindfolded, if my villain wants. For distress, there has to be some kind of danger. Obviously, nothing actually dangerous, so either the chance he might actually do something sexual to me, or the chance others might see me.

You sound like perfect damsel material to me. :) You could be a combination Penelope Pitstop, Daphne Blake, and Batgirl, I shall be making some evil plans for you. :)
damsel
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by damsel »

You sound like perfect damsel material to me. :) You could be a combination Penelope Pitstop, Daphne Blake, and Batgirl, I shall be making some evil plans for you. :)
LOL! Way cool! Daphne and Penelope are role models for me, ha ha
Tieup1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tieup1 »

damsel wrote: 4 years ago

Out of those two lovelies, I think Penelope loves her bondage more, such a sweet girl :)
damsel
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by damsel »

damsel wrote: 4 years ago

Out of those two lovelies, I think Penelope loves her bondage more, such a sweet girl :)
Hmmmm you could be right about Penelope. I think she knew more than she let on, anyway, ha ha
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic