Fantasy/Realism

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.

Do you prefer more realistic or more fantastic bondage scenarios?

Realism
75%
Fantasy
25%

Total votes: 85

caquernham
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Fantasy/Realism

Post by caquernham »

I personally prefer stories with more believable premises, although straight-out-of-left-field scenarios can be fun as well. What do you prefer to read?
damsel
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by damsel »

I guess realistic ones, that I can imagine myself as the heroine/damsel. But stories about Wonder Woman or other heroines captured are fun too.
NabHer
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by NabHer »

Realism since I'm big on kidnapping and home invasion scenarios as well as bank/office robberies.
RopemanSteve
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by RopemanSteve »

Same here, realism, with home invasion and kidnappings my favorites.

Okay, those and boyfriend/girlfriend action, lol.
Chris12
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Chris12 »

Easily fantasy. Much more you can do with it.
Reidy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Reidy »

Give me fantasy. Let us all be wearing slightly ridiculous costumes made of Spandex or pvc when we're tied up
Tieup1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tieup1 »

I voted for realism, obviously much more believable, and you can identify with the characters. :)
TiedTeen
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by TiedTeen »

I voted for realism because my favourite scenario is a home invasion :)
Rtj65
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Rtj65 »

I picked realism, but definitely enjoy some fantasy scenarios as well
Male switch from the UK here, always up for a chat about anything TUGs related!

My stories
Causality (F/M) - https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=9909
A Grey Area (M/F) - https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12604
Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Kyle »

I definitely prefer more realistic scenes. Part of what interests me is how someone is bound, and how they escape (or fail trying to), and I like it to be relatively realistic. I won't say I've never been interested in a scene that's more fantasy, but it's far less likely, and needs some other aspect to make it better.
BindPam
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BindPam »

I guess I'm torn. Yes, it's obviously easier to identify with the heroine if she's a reporter or detective who gets captured and tied up than, say, Wonder Woman or Black Canary, since superheroes (at least, ones with actual super powers, like them) simply aren't real, while reporters and detectives are.

And, of course, home invasions are real. And it's very easy to imagine yourself a housewife, and I am, in fact, a college student, so no imagination needed there...

On the other hand, Wonder Woman, Black Canary and Mary Marvel were created to be tied up. After all, tying WW (at least, in her earlier stories) rendered her helpless, despite her strength. Black Canary sonic cry was impossible if she was gagged, and Mary Batson couldn't become Mary Marvel if SHE was gagged. Guess what? Those gags are coming off if they aren't tied up!

I guess that means I'm undecided!
superbound
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by superbound »

All of my bondage has been realistic. I play for the reality. Stories are nice and all, but I started early (age 19) and I am 37 now. I've met some great guys, I've taught others, and some I wish I never met (bad people.)

I think it just depends on what *you* like and are into. I think we all have fantasies, but I prefer to live the reality of the scenes.
I get tied up for real and it's not fantasy for me.
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

I voted realism and that is how I write most of my stories, so you can believe the story and imagine being the captor or victim. However, I'll add some fantasy to some stories in the sense of the time people are tied up, the strenuous positions they are in, or what happens to them, but without overdoing it. I want people to be able to believe that was happens to our heroes/heroins is possible.

Nobody believes somebody is tightly bound, gagged and blindfolded for a whole weekend or more without a break. People need to do their business, people need food and water. Those things will cause difficulty in writing a story, as you have to take that in account when you make your stories believable.

So, realism, with a hint of fantasy would be my vote.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
caquernham
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by caquernham »

There's a spectrum, come to think of it. One one hand you have completely plausible scenarios (which many people, bondage enthusiasts or otherwise, have experienced) like a couple of kids playing an escape challenge. Then you have things like bank robberies or home invasions which happen occasionally but aren't common. On the other end of the spectrum, there's high fantasy and space opera scenarios; things like magic ropes that tie people up by themselves. Those are also fun but completely implausible.

For me, the more believable the better. Although, a tie-up game is a tie up game.
Emma
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Emma »

This is an interesting question for me!

I much prefer realism, for the same reasons others have shared. I want to be able to imagine myself in the role of the damsel in distress. I don't have much in common with a fairy tale princess or a superheroine/villainess character.

On the other hand, hubby has an idea about a well known fictional character from a very unrealistic, iconic franchise in bondage. And while I suppose that might be interesting, it's not my kind of story. But if he writes it, yes, I'll post it.
Don's Stories, Posted by Emma, Are Here!:https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=5915
Gagfan
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Gagfan »

I like realistic scenarios with unrealistic bondage if that makes sense. Often when I write a story its a kidnapping that could happen in real life but with such brutalizing over the top bondage that it isnt really realistic to do to a real person.
For my stories I haven't gotten around to posting here: https://gagfan.wordpress.com/
Jetto
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Jetto »

I love fantasy. Especially when the villian keeps a princess for the weekend... or more!
"A Damsel in Distress' beauty is sometimes only judged on their breast size. At least I'm one of the few who don't. However, big boobs are fun to touch."
BDSMFanBoi
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by BDSMFanBoi »

I'm much more into Fantasy than Real Life.

I like stories about incest, vore, tentacles, kidnapping, murder, rape, cloning, ghosts, vampires, werewolves
Chloe Badelaine
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Chloe Badelaine »

I love realistic ties in a fantasy context (Muffling gags you can't talk through, titghts bindings that you can endure for hours with the only disconfort of being kept immobile nd silent, chloroform or sleeping gas that is harmless, being knocked out without risking a concussion and so on...)
I believe now is the time that you tie me up ? But i think that you are going to need much much more rope mon cher...
Tiengag5
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tiengag5 »

Realism..home invasions etc.
Terry
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Terry »

A bit of both
banshee
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by banshee »

I think that, to an extent, most stories have some fictional aspect to them. Even those who are set in the real world require some suspension of disbelief to be immersed in because not so deep down we know that most of the situations presented in those stories aren't what one would call realistic, but I think that is for the better.

An example of that is stories which involve home invasions, kidnappings and generally someone being tied up against their will. This is of course fantastic for a story but it isn't hard to acknowledge that none of those would play out so nicely in real life.

I personally prefer less reality based scenarios, both as a reader and as a writer, but I can't pinpoint a specific reason.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic