BONDAGEFREAK'S INITIATION CHALLENGE (NEW CHALLENGE!)

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

BONDAGEFREAK'S INITIATION CHALLENGE (NEW CHALLENGE!)

Post by bondagefreak »

Hey guys! If you haven't tried your hand at writing a story for the forum yet, then this message is for you.
I know, the title of the thread is a clickbait. But I wanted to be extra certain it got your attention ;)

I'd like to encourage my readers (and every other member on the board) to attempt putting pen to paper.

I'm not talking about writing a story.
What I'm proposing is more basic than that.

Find a photo, a drawing, or an illustration you like, ex:

Illustration by Jomsviking (Deviant Art)

Then try to write a short text to go with the photo you chose.
I've found that using photos/illustrations can sometimes help a lot with inspiration.

Try it out!
Who knows? You may actually discover a hidden talent and develop a taste for writing.

If you accept the challenge, simply post your short illustrated text in the appropriate TUG story section, and then watch as readers post comments and give you feedback on your work.

Think about it!
THIS COULD BE REALLY FUN!

[mention]GoBucks[/mention] [mention]socjuc[/mention] [mention]sniffingyoursocks[/mention] [mention]Sniffmyfeet[/mention] [mention]handovermouth[/mention] [mention]Ossassin[/mention] [mention]jay_write[/mention] [mention]Tsuhaya[/mention] [mention]Valimure[/mention] [mention]Trainedsub[/mention] [mention]Pup[/mention] [mention]NotRowan[/mention] [mention]puffalover[/mention] [mention]boundluis[/mention] [mention]hb54[/mention] [mention]LK3869[/mention] [mention]Scottstud94[/mention] [mention]hotgom[/mention] [mention]Tickler1079[/mention] [mention]atilaus[/mention] [mention]Johnsnow[/mention] [mention]squirrel[/mention] [mention]Sockbound1234[/mention] [mention]Msueta@2[/mention] [mention]DeeperThanRed[/mention] [mention]blackbound[/mention] [mention]Phoenix[/mention] [mention]inky[/mention] [mention]lengban[/mention] [mention]Manlyducttape[/mention] [mention]Blakenome1999[/mention] [mention]sock_gagged[/mention] [mention]Shadesflirty[/mention] [mention]ShadowHusky[/mention] [mention]Mitchelaiden[/mention] [mention]downlover[/mention] [mention]observer1[/mention] [mention]gaggedup[/mention] [mention]MaxRoper[/mention] [mention]harveygasson[/mention] [mention]Hmmm[/mention] [mention]TiedNW[/mention] [mention]dahandband[/mention] [mention]tieemup[/mention] [mention]that.kid13[/mention] [mention]Volobond[/mention] [mention]harsim[/mention] [mention]Straitjacketed[/mention] [mention]jamieti684[/mention] [mention]ColonelShuffle[/mention] [mention]Meac[/mention] [mention]devilmaymoan[/mention] [mention]Outta.this.place[/mention] [mention]Harlequinn[/mention] [mention]NeedControl[/mention] [mention]Tyler[/mention] [mention]cj2125[/mention]
Last edited by bondagefreak 2 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

sniffingyoursocks
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by sniffingyoursocks »

Really great idea, Sir!

Get it going, folks.
This actually gives myself a little incentive to finally write again as well.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

[mention]Bondagefreak[/mention] Please credit jomsviking (I presume it is his work) in the orignal post. Thanks.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Xtc wrote: 4 years ago @Bondagefreak Please credit jomsviking (I presume it is his work) in the orignal post. Thanks.
Thanks, my friend.
This illustration has been floating on Tumblr for years, yet I've never been able to find the source.
I've tried reverse image search engines, to no avail. The style definitely looks like Jomsviking, though I've not found it in his extensive collection.
I've added a credit, and will correct it when/if I can confirm the artist.

Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Thanks for that.

I might cheat and ask him if i can post the pic with a little caption on it. If the nswer is. 'yes', I shall credit you in the post.

I agree that I coldn't find it on his DA gallery but there's so much of it that I might have missed it.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
NeedControl
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by NeedControl »

Well, I posted a few in response to your request, things I wrote years ago to caption some of my own photos. 😊

Although I must say that responding to an order that I can't refuse would be a lot easier than responding to a request, which I have to consider and can choose what to do with. 😋

A question: did my "mentioning" of you in my new posts/stories successfully shoot you a notification BondageFreak? None of the fancy edit buttons above the post text box work for me, so I have learned some basic [bbcode] stuff for my posts/replies. And when I @reference someone, it never does anything, so I finally tried surrounding the person's name with [ mention ] tags, and that seems to have successfully formatted the mentions, but I don't know if it actually sent you a notification? 🤔
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

NeedControl wrote: 4 years ago A question: did my "mentioning" of you in my new posts/stories successfully shoot you a notification BondageFreak?
Yup, no worries. It worked ;)
I'll be checking them out in a bit.

Glad you were the first one to get the ball rolling.

DeeperThanRed
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by DeeperThanRed »

That sounds like a fun idea, I'll try and give it a shot later today.
25-year-old bondage enthusiast who likes cute guys, underwear, and bondage, preferably together.

You can reach my list of written work here: https://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38808#p38808
Volobond
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Volobond »

Been looking for a good picture! I'll post one as soon as I can!

You can find my M/M stories here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38809#p38809
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

BUMP

One week has gone and [mention]NeedControl[/mention] is the only one who's responded to the challenge.
Hoping more of you will jump in and give it a try.

EDIT: [mention]Volobond[/mention] has also responded to the challenge.
Last edited by bondagefreak 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

As a sub-challenge, how about one person submitting an untitled drawing, and others write captions or thought or speech balloons, narratives, and maybe add something (if needed) like a gag or blindfold?

Or a drawing of an untied subject, and the reader redraws the image, to show the subject tied and gagged?

Drawscore
Volobond
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Volobond »

Hello, just linking my response to the challenge here if anyone wanted to see.

https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=40552#p40552

https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=40553#p40553

You can find my M/M stories here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38809#p38809
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Hope to see a few more members accept this challenge to kick-start the beginning of the new year.

Congrats to those who already have!

Pup Wingletang
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Pup Wingletang »

My attempt at this challenge can be found here:

'Lovingly Zipped Up'

Definitely a great thing to have a go at. Break out of your comfort zone and try something new today!
A pup is for life but especially for bondage so get out the sleepsack and muzzle.

Don't miss out on the final chapter of Lovingly Zipped Up (M/M)

All my M/M stories can be found HERE.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Just letting everyone now, I've invited [mention]OrdinaryWorld[/mention] to join our league of TUG authors,
by challenging him to write a short piece about this photo. And I've just received confirmation.

INITIATION CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

Take all the time you need and try to have fun, kiddo!
That's by far the most important aspect of story writing.

bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

CONGRATULATIONS TO [mention]OrdinaryWorld[/mention]
FOR HAVING FOLLOWED THROUGH ON THE CHALLENGE!

FOR EVERYONE WHO HASN'T SEEN THIS YET, BE SURE NOT TO MISS OUT ON IT.
HIS NEW TALE IS CALLED: THE TASTE OF A JOCK'S SOCK (MM/m)

bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

WHO'S GONNA STEP UP FOR THE INITIATION CHALLENGE NEXT?

Just putting a few names out there 8-)
[mention]GoBucks[/mention] [mention]Sockgaggedman[/mention] [mention]Ossassin[/mention] [mention]Pup[/mention] [mention]Sockbound1234[/mention] [mention]Msueta@2[/mention]
[mention]blackbound[/mention] [mention]ShadowHusky[/mention] [mention]Mitchelaiden[/mention] [mention]harveygasson[/mention] [mention]Mummybag[/mention] [mention]LockedCheeseBird[/mention]

I've got hundreds of photos and illustrations that would be fantastic for story use and inspiration.
If you've never published a story before or if you've tried doing so but found yourself unable to carry it through, this story writing challenge is definitely for you.

Remember that the goal of this challenge is to get you to write something short and sweet.
Something that you can produce and bring to completion rapidly. We're talking about 500-3000 words.

One of the common pitfalls new/first-time writers often experience is trying to develop too complex a storyline or trying to write about too many characters. Keeping it simple and short will allow you to experience the joy and feedback that other authors get, whilst also giving you a sense of pride in having successfully brought a project to completion.

There's no need to develop a full storyline with a detailed plot.
There is also nothing wrong with stories that feature open endings (a vague conclusion that allows for possible sequels).

THIS IS THE LATEST DRAWING THAT I'D LIKE TO MOVE FORWARD:

Observe the drawing carefully. The artist painted a wonderful scene; one that is ripe for a short, illustrated story.
Notice the stripped security guards. Notice the uniformed captor, his gloves, the zipties, the tape.
Notice the missing sock and then look where it ended up.

There are so many short story ideas running through my mind right now.

Use your imagination. Keep it simple!
This exercise is designed to let you experience success and accomplishment.

If there are any takers to this, please let us know in the comments here.
If English is your 2nd or 3rd language and you find yourself lacking the confidence to attempt this challenge, please see this thread:

HELPFUL TOOK FOR AUTHORS WHO HAVE ENGLISH AS A 2nd OR 3rd LANGUAGE
Last edited by bondagefreak 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

LockedCheeseBird
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LockedCheeseBird »

Hm, that image did conjure up an idea. I can work that out for a bit, I think. Test the waters a bit before I delve too deep into all the other big story ideas that are also running around in my head. Yeah, count me in [mention]bondagefreak[/mention]!
Banner by Bondagefreak
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

[mention]LockedCheeseBird[/mention]
I'm so glad to hear that, bubby-boi!
If you have any questions relating to text editing and/or how to get the photo up on your story, feel free to PM me.

I'm hoping more of you will also follow [mention]LockedCheeseBird[/mention]'s example.

This isn't a 1 IMAGE PER AUTHOR challenge.
We can have several short stories based on the same image.

harveygasson
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by harveygasson »

Ok you've got me intrigued and I'll give it a go....about time I actually write something on here rather than lurking and commenting on the work of others.

I like the image you've picked but, if it's all the same, I'd like to pick one of my own and write a short story on it. There are a few pictures I know of that would definitely get my imagination flowing wonderfully :D
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

harveygasson wrote: 2 years ago Ok you've got me intrigued and I'll give it a go....about time I actually write something on here rather than lurking and commenting on the work of others.
Don't you dare demote your role by comparing it to that of "lurking".
You've been one of the forum's most steadfast contributors for years now!
Your comments and the time you take to always leave feedback (if only to let us know you're enjoying what you're reading) has been/continues to be invaluable. You need to give yourself more credit, mister.

Having said that, I'm super happy you're considering accepting my challenge 8-)
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

CONGRATULATIONS TO [mention]LockedCheeseBird[/mention]
FOR HAVING ACCEPTED THE INITIATION CHALLENGE!

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT HIS FIRST TUG STORY!
THIS ONE'S CALLED TURNING THE TABLES (M+/M)

bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

ALRIGHT FOLKS, TIME FOR ANOTHER CHALLENGER TO STEP UP
WHO WANTS TO WORK ON THIS ONE?

From one of my fellow Tumblr bloggers "Runnertied":
I believe [mention]Sockbound1234[/mention] would be VERY happy if some of you guys were to pick this one up.

[mention]gag1195[/mention] [mention]Volobond[/mention] [mention]User4525[/mention] [mention]OrdinaryWorld[/mention] [mention]FelixSH[/mention] [mention]stimle[/mention] [mention]Pup Wingletang[/mention] [mention]Sockbound1234[/mention] [mention]Ossassin[/mention] [mention]Sniffmyfeet[/mention] [mention]Msueta@2[/mention] [mention]Mummybag[/mention] [mention]cj2125[/mention] [mention]squirrel[/mention] [mention]GoBucks[/mention] [mention]ChiDrag221[/mention] [mention]The slave[/mention] [mention]wataru14[/mention] [mention]ohazut[/mention] [mention]Pup[/mention] [mention]Wedgieboy69[/mention] [mention]The slave[/mention] [mention]DeeperThanRed[/mention] [mention]ShadowHusky[/mention] [mention]harveygasson[/mention] [mention]Straitjacketed[/mention] [mention]squirrel[/mention] [mention]gaggedfeety[/mention] [mention]Socksbound[/mention] [mention]4toes[/mention] [mention]blackbound[/mention] [mention]Gagfan[/mention] [mention]socjuc[/mention] [mention]sws91[/mention] [mention]sniffingyoursocks[/mention] [mention]Yaru[/mention] [mention]Tiedinjordans[/mention] [mention]Volobond[/mention] [mention]Tiedinjordans[/mention] [mention]The WinterShuffle[/mention] [mention]Gagfan[/mention] [mention]Pup Wingletang[/mention] [mention]gag1195[/mention] [mention]DeeperThanRed[/mention] [mention]4toes[/mention] [mention]Socksbound[/mention] [mention]Gerson 60[/mention] [mention]Sockbound1234[/mention] [mention]The WinterShuffle[/mention] [mention]The slave[/mention] [mention]Sniffmyfeet[/mention] [mention]harveygasson[/mention] [mention]Mummybag[/mention] [mention]gaggedfeety[/mention] [mention]Volobond[/mention] [mention]Red86[/mention] [mention]ohazut[/mention] [mention]ShadowHusky[/mention] [mention]squirrel[/mention] [mention]Ossassin[/mention] [mention]Yaru[/mention] [mention]sws91[/mention] [mention]sami200456boyfriend[/mention] [mention]DeanSummer24[/mention] [mention]Gagfan[/mention] [mention]Wedgieboy69[/mention] [mention]Killua[/mention] [mention]LockedCheeseBird[/mention] [mention]Gerson1960[/mention] [mention]njr[/mention] [mention]KidnappedCowboy[/mention] [mention]Sockgaggedman[/mention] [mention]KGB[/mention] [mention]The WinterShuffle[/mention] [mention]Sniffmyfeet[/mention] [mention]squirrel[/mention] [mention]BlueZephyr[/mention] [mention]Msueta@2[/mention] [mention]sami200456boyfriend[/mention] [mention]GoBucks[/mention] [mention]Volobond[/mention] [mention]Socksbound[/mention] [mention]The slave[/mention] [mention]gaggedfeety[/mention] [mention]Pup Wingletang[/mention] [mention]Sockbound1234[/mention] [mention]Tsuhaya[/mention] [mention]Sockgaggedman[/mention] [mention]wataru14[/mention [mention]jammer212[/mention] [mention]Wedgieboy69[/mention] [mention]DeeperThanRed[/mention] [mention]Jason07[/mention] [mention]smushboy[/mention] [mention]tugfan[/mention] [mention]luiggi87[/mention] [mention]Ossassin[/mention] [mention]abcdefsmith3[/mention] [mention]puffalover[/mention] [mention]ravish[/mention] [mention]Jb99[/mention] [mention]sws91[/mention] [mention]harsim[/mention] [mention]Bondwriter[/mention] [mention]CorbD91[/mention] [mention]dallen108[/mention] [mention]Mummybag[/mention] [mention]Mitchelaiden[/mention] [mention]sniffingyoursocks[/mention] [mention]zzzz12333211[/mention] [mention]4toes[/mention] [mention]MountainMan_91[/mention] [mention]ShadowHusky[/mention] [mention]gaggedfeety[/mention] [mention]Tsuhaya[/mention] [mention]jammer212[/mention] [mention]Whitestorm[/mention] [mention]Kratos[/mention] [mention]harveygasson[/mention] [mention]User4525[/mention] [mention]Pup[/mention]

Sockbound1234
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Sockbound1234 »

I would love this one
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic