Age of the site

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
Fesselfan
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Age of the site

Post by Fesselfan »

History lesson folks!

Older (in fact very old) members will know...stories of tie up games (the site) has roots a long time back, was with many different providers etc.
Chatting with another member I asked myself "when did it start"? I first stumbled across it in 2000 or 2001, but it was already pretty active back then.
And the Answer is:

28th of January 1998!

So, in one way or another, we have been around for over 20 years now! Some people left, new arrived...some grew up with the site.

If you want to have a look at the very early years, the first snapshot saved in the internet archive:
https://web.archive.org/web/19991128185 ... ripod.com/

Cheers

FF
Rope is the sexiest lingerie. And there is only one thing better than rope- even more rope.
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

> stories of tie up games (the site) has roots a long time back
Canuck probably remembers when he started the site. But Bob's site was even older (https://www.asstr.org/~canuck100/1998/Bobs-archive.htm) and probably led to Canuck creating True Stories of Tie-up games. The oldest entry on Bob's best story page is from Thu Dec 18 12:50:29 1997.

> some grew up with the site.
Not sure I grew up with the site (I was already in my 30th back then with no intention to grow up), but I definitely participated in the site from pretty early on. Writing a story that fitted in the limit of the editor was always an extra challenge. The long chat sessions kept me awake at night (due to me being in Europe) and Mase, Gillian, Canuck, PH and others were great to talk to.

It just shows that some things never get old.

BTW, you don't need the wayback machine to visit the old site, some of it is still on-line: https://www.asstr.org/~canuck100/

FH aka Slackywacky
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
FelixSH
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by FelixSH »

I guess I did grow up with the site. I was 14 when I found Bob's website, and then soon found Canucks post, where he mentioned his new site. That was in 2001.

Always loved reading through the posted stories, but didn't have internet for some time. When I had it again in 2009, the old forum existed, and I have been there and here since then. Though with varying amounts of engagement. But the whole site and forum is pretty meaningful to me.

Provided by bondagefreak
Click on the banner to get to the story

For more of my stories, click here.
Ballgag69
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Ballgag69 »

Yes! I’ve been following the old site since like 2002!! great stories
Nightly Binds
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nightly Binds »

Ah yes, I remember some of the times when I was first reading stories on the original Tug site, though I didn't start visiting the original site much until sometime in 2008 I believe , and even though it was not active by then I still loved reading the countless tales on it, heck I still go back to check it out from time to time, sense their is something just engaging to me about reading older Bondage stories from websites, especially one's way before my time of even using much of the internet lol
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic