M/M SURVEY: WHAT D'YOU WANNA SEE MORE OF?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

M/M SURVEY: WHAT D'YOU WANNA SEE MORE OF?

Post by bondagefreak »

So after having conducted many questionnaires and having reviewed the answers of both the "sockgag-related survey" and the "underwear gag survey" in the TUGs TALK section, it's come to my attention that the membership here supports a broad range of interests.

Between authors like Squirrel, Bondwriter, Charmides, MaxRoper, CJ2125, Xtc, Socjuc, DeeperThanRed, Volobond, NeedControl, Stoutland385, WrappedMouth, Beserkade12, EzraMarubayashi, Johnny and myself, the forum offers a wide array of stories for all tastes.

We also have a very healthy and supportive M/M audience to rely on and no shortage of stories to keep them occupied and entertained.
The forum features some short works, quick action-packed one-offs, as well as long, plot-oriented tales and novels.

In short, there's something on here for everyone.

Many of you who were fans of SockGagged (Jason's) works found yourselves dismayed at his sudden departure last year.
His unique style is very much missed (I'll be adding his works to the M/M index shortly: https://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4714).

The majority of his followers seem to have splintered into three groups, with Bondwriter, CJ2125 and myself each taking on a portion of his readership.

Bondwriter's works are filled with bondage-hungry, horny teen fooling around with each other. CJ's works present that often-missed "fun" element that many of SockGagged's fans were addicted to, and my own works seem to satisfy the portion of his readership that was into the humiliation and hazing aspect often present in his stories.

Still, his departure leaves a void in the array of stories and genres presented here, and his natural ability to write about sports teams, athletes, coaches and frat guys fooling around with each other seems to be a bit outside of our collective playing field.

From the results of the two surveys mentioned above, there definitely seems to be a market for stories involving coaches/sports teams/athletes. Authors and aspiring authors should take note of this.

Father/son scenarios continue to be very popular on here, as do brother vs brother themes.

There also seems to be a growing interest in work-related scenarios.
I invite the lot of you to check out the preliminary results of this survey to see what's popular and trending on the forum right now: https://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=49421#p49421

Those who haven't participated on the surveys yet should hurry up and do so ASAP.

Having said all that, what elements would you like to see on the forum more often?
Try to be specific.

Flesh out your answers as much as you feel necessary.
I just wanna get a feel of what you guys would like more of.

Your answers can include anything from wanting a specific element more prominently featured in stories (ex: handgags, tickling, sleeping bags, etc) to genres, plots and character roles (ex: boss vs employee dynamics).

Just write about your heart's desire.
What would you personally like to see more of on the forum over the coming months and years?

Share your thoughts with us and don't be shy.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Wrappedmouth
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Wrappedmouth »

Personally, I would love more stories with encasement- like bondage. Mummification, sleeping bags, sacks, boxes, trunks, etc.

As far as types of story, I wouldn't mind more outlandish sci-fi or fantasy stories.
You gag me, I'll gag you. MMMPH! 🤐
Sockbound1234
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Sockbound1234 »

I would like to see more hogtie, chairtied and mummification and for stories I love to see more father/son secnes and brother and friends
Last edited by Sockbound1234 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
DeeperThanRed
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by DeeperThanRed »

Interesting topic. Personally, I'd like to see more detectives/cops/spies getting tied up because I don't think we have much of those.

Fantasy is really underutilized, aside from the epic Shadow of the Mountain.

As a personal preference, seeing more older/burlier guys as bondage victims would be great. Nothing wrong with an older hunk tying up a young twink but more variety would be cool. A nerd dominating a jock? An older otter and a college stud who take turns being the captive? More versatile couples? I feel like there is some untapped potential there.

For actual TUG elements, we already have a large variety. More cloth gags and edging would be nice. Also, more stories where the captive is stripped, please. Especially where he still wears his clothes but they are opened/pulled to show his body and underwear (I know, very specific).
25-year-old bondage enthusiast who likes cute guys, underwear, and bondage, preferably together.

You can reach my list of written work here: https://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38808#p38808
TiedNW
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TiedNW »

Wrappedmouth wrote: 4 years ago Personally, I would love more stories with encasement- like bondage. Mummification, sleeping bags, sacks, boxes, trunks, etc.

As far as types of story, I wouldn't mind more outlandish sci-fi or fantasy stories.
I agree with the encasementlike bondage!
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

DeeperThanRed wrote: 4 years ago As a personal preference, seeing more older/burlier guys as bondage victims would be great. Nothing wrong with an older hunk tying up a young twink but more variety would be cool. A nerd dominating a jock?

For actual TUG elements, we already have a large variety. More cloth gags...
Because of a request from GoBucks and Fratboydanny, I ended up trying my hand at this with my more recent works.
I must say, I enjoyed writing those role-reversal type stories more than I thought I would.
Same thing for the cloth gags!

Keep the ideas flowing, guys!

blackbound
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by blackbound »

More subs of color (doms, too, of course, but I prefer subs :D)
Volobond
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Volobond »

bondagefreak wrote: 4 years ago
DeeperThanRed wrote: 4 years ago As a personal preference, seeing more older/burlier guys as bondage victims would be great. Nothing wrong with an older hunk tying up a young twink but more variety would be cool. A nerd dominating a jock?

For actual TUG elements, we already have a large variety. More cloth gags...
Because of a request from GoBucks and Fratboydanny, I ended up trying my hand at this with my more recent works.
I must say, I enjoyed writing those role-reversal type stories more than I thought I would.
Same thing for the cloth gags!

Keep the ideas flowing, guys!
I agree that burlier/older/muscular guys being tied up and gagged is really awesome, and something I'd like to see more of. I've recently seen a spate of muscular guys tying each other up as well as less-muscular guys tying up built guys, and I like the way the trend is heading. I'd also like to see more reversals, in which the captive gets free and ties up the captor at some point. It just feels really cool, and helps spread the bondage around to other characters.

Also, yeah, cloth gags are great. Especially with what we've seen in the response to the two fantastic surveys bondagefreak has conducted...

You can find my M/M stories here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38809#p38809
sharpliketoday
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by sharpliketoday »

It's always nice to come across a story where the reader is the one getting tied up. Fun to immerse yourself more in the fantasy on occasion :)
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

BUMPING THIS BACK INTO THE ACTIVE THREADS!

OrdinaryWorld
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by OrdinaryWorld »

Hmmm, interesting questions and points raised!
Personally, I would love to see more
1. Socks! I know it's already a very popular gag and/or air-freshener ( ;) ) but it's just so good I want to see more. Preferably sports/athletic/casual socks, not sheer, nylon, or office socks.

2. Pictures. Obviously this one would be more difficult for authors, but pictures add to stories so so so much for me. Having a visual stimuli makes a scene infinitely better for me.

3. Punishment/Revenge. Quite niche and odd, but I would love situations where is sub is actually forced (not pretending to like it, but actually HATING it) to deal with foul footwear and being bound in uncomfortable ways. The sub should really deserve it one way or another eg. previous grudges, lying, bullying, mouthing off, general rudeness, etc. Anything to warrant a reason and a consequence. Justice must be served! :twisted:

4. MMm/M (or similar). An atypical story where the plot is completely flipped, and a dom is successfully bound, gagged, and subjected to other unpleasant treatment by a sub/nerd type and a small group of alphas. Think Nick being bound by Steven, Zack and Shawn from BaG for example.

I think that's about it, I'll edit this if any more pop into mind :)

Cheers to bondagefreak for the banner!
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

OrdinaryWorld wrote: 3 years ago 2. Pictures. Obviously this one would be more difficult for authors, but pictures add to stories so so so much for me. Having a visual stimuli makes a scene infinitely better for me.
Fantastic ideas, kiddo.
Hopefully others will share their thoughts and opinions with us as well.

Pictures can be a bit touchy.
Most of the users who use them here refuse to host them outside the forum and insist on using the attachement feature (which is IMO a mistake).
Attachements only allow for small 400x300 photos, whereas hosting them on Flickr, Photobucket or other image hosting sites will allow the posting of full sized photos without actually taking up board storage space.

Then there are also those who decide to post photos too late.
I lost a bunch of readers years ago when I decided to incorporate photos of Nick/Steven/Brad into BaG one year after the story had started.

Readers tend to make up mental images of the characters in their minds, and are hugely disappointed when the author makes the mistake of publishing photos AFTER those mental images have cemented. Very important for photos to appear AS the characters are presented and not after.

It's a touchy thing, since personal tastes don't usually match up from one person to the next.
So you can take a world class model/hunk (ex: Nick or Chris) and you'll still have guys who find the guy distasteful and unnatractive.

Non-character photos work best in most cases, as long as they match up and align perfectly with the published text of course.

YourCaptor75
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by YourCaptor75 »

What I would like to see more of? It's very simple.
People WRITING! Talked to plenty of folks with interesting ideas that could make for incredible tales, but never put pen to paper.

If folks are afraid to be embarrassed by their work, 1) put yourself out there! It will be alright. Worst that happens is you can learn what to improve. 2) We have some excellent, thoughtful commenters. Honestly, reading through some of the comments, particularly Deeperthanred's, have made me see my OWN work in a new light. Feedback can be very helpful.

Let's fill these forums with M/M stories, and build a base of better writers, fellas!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic